Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2009 8:24:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#1]
That's the glory of NATO, and the US being part of it.  We all tend to have a lot of the same specs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#2]
this is why you are the man.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I knew they would fit the Scepter and Blitz, but the Wedco style can too?  I just can't see how that is possible even after seeing the pic.  Does it really fit in the can and seal?

Got a link to your nozzles so I can buy one to try?
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quarterbore,  I just got some of them in the UPS today from the poster above.  I believe these are originally designed to be used on the NATO / Wedco style cans.  I'm going to try one on my NATO can later in the day and I'll post back and let you know how it woks but according to their website it's supposed to work great.    Nozzle
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!  I ordered one of the nozzles as well as three gaskets for the wedco style cans... can never have too many spare gaskets
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I ordered gaskets too along with my nozzles.  I think I ordered them on Fri and they went out Tue or Wed of this week.   On the receipt with the nozzles was a note that they were out of the gaskets and would be shipping them later so don't be surprised if it takes a while before they ship.  From what I hear they are supposed to be good gaskets and a perfect fit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried my nozzles that I received today and they fit the NATO style cans perfectly.  I didn't have any fuel in the cans I tested them on so I couldn't tell for sure that it was a leak proof seal.  From what I could tell they seemed to seal up well though and I bet they won't leak.  I also tried one of the nozzles on a Scepter can and they fit ok but it didn't seem like it made a perfect seal and you have to be careful because when you operate the lever on the nozzle it tends to want to push the nozzle seal off the base of the nozzle since it's not sitting on top of the can like it does on the NATO cans.  I'm sure it would work just fine on your Scepter can if you didn't have anything else to use though.  Maybe someone else will have better luck using them on the Scepter cans then I did.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 3:12:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Excellent.

Anyone made an adapter yet so these will fit an unleaded gas-powered vehicle?
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 4:58:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Just ordered three.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:04:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Awesome info man. Thanks a bunch.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:00:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm headed for the hardware store in a bit to see about getting some fittings to make an adapter to reduce the diameter so they will fit into a newer vehicle nozzle.   I probably won't get a chance to put it together until tonight or tomorrow but I'll try to post a report when I do.

Make sure you check the rubber seals on the nozzles that you receive carefully.  I got four nozzzles from UPS yesterday and last night when I got to finish unpacking the rest of them I found that three were perfect and on one the seal was torn about halfway through it and it's not useable.  I'm getting ready to contact Old Grouch about it now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Old Grouch's has super customer service!  I got a message from them letting me know they were going to take care of the nozzle I received with a bad seal on it.  Today UPS came and I received a complete nozzle from them in excellent condition!

I haven't had much time to work on an adapter for the nozzles to make them fit in a newer gasoline vehicle inlet.  I went to the hardware store and bought a 1" - 3/4" copper reducer and a coupler to go on the 1" end to connect it to the nozzle.  It was going to be a tight fit on the nozzle but I was going to figure out a way to make it work.  However the end of the reducer is still too large to fit in the vehicle so I'm going to have to come up wtih something else.   Has anyone else come up with an adapter that works?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I'll be darned... you do learn something new every day...

Thanks for the info...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:I haven't had much time to work on an adapter for the nozzles to make them fit in a newer gasoline vehicle inlet.  I went to the hardware store and bought a 1" - 3/4" copper reducer and a coupler to go on the 1" end to connect it to the nozzle.  It was going to be a tight fit on the nozzle but I was going to figure out a way to make it work.  However the end of the reducer is still too large to fit in the vehicle so I'm going to have to come up wtih something else.   Has anyone else come up with an adapter that works?

If you have any of the cheap fall-apart chinese spouts, the reducing tip on them may work; that's what I used on my CTD NATO spouts (with a rubber hose for a nozzle).  I've ordered some of these spouts and will try the reducer on them when they arrive.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got one of those cheap spouts but I couldn't get the reducer off the end of it.  I'll measure it and if it looks like it will fit then I'll cut it off and adapt it to this one.  The problem with these is that the nozzle end is so large that it's hard to find something to reduce down from that size to a gas tank inlet size.  Ideally you could come up with something that threads on then you could take it on and off as needed but it would be tricky to come up with a match for the threads unless you can find something that fits inside the screw on filter screen.  I'm going to check tomorrow and see about possibly going that route with it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#16]
The reducers came off mine pretty easily; the first fell apart while I was pouring gas into a car filler; that was loads of fun and wasted half a gallon.

The Blitz brand spouts for US style cans come with a threaded cap; any chance its the right size and thread to fit these?  Maybe a can of "product-X" at the auto parts store (a lot of stuff still comes in cans with threaded caps).  I think I've seen stamped threaded metal caps similar to this at better hardware stores too, though its been a while.  A working cap could become the attachment for a reducer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll have to measure the tomorrow and see what size it takes.  When I go to my shop tomorrow I'll take one of the nozzles along and go through my cabinets of lubricants, and other fluids.  Maybe one of them will just happen to be the right size.  If I happen to find one that fits I'll post back here as to what it's from so you can pick up a can of the same product and use the lid from it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top