Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2009 12:08:22 PM EDT
Would anyone be interested in attending a Survival Preparedness Class in the Atlanta Area?

Atlanta Survival Center is currently looking for interested people to fill 10-12 spots on their October calendar for the Wilderness/ Urban Preparedness Class.

This will include:
Two days of instruction (with one overnight in wilderness setting)

Class topics include: Wilderness and Urban types of:
-Water collection and treatments
-Fire starting and building techniques
-Food gathering and collection
-Survival cooking and meal preparation
-Shelter types and construction
-Wilderness and urban navigation
-Basic tool making techniques
-Compiling a survival kit and Bug out Bag
-Designing a survival preparedness plan

The cost of this weekend is $175.00 and if you mention this post you will recieve $25.00 off.

Also private classes and consulting are available.

email: [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
who/what is 'Atlanta survival center'?

What are the qualifications of the owners?  Instructors?
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
who/what is 'Atlanta survival center'?

What are the qualifications of the owners?  Instructors?

The Atlanta Survival Center is a preparedness consulting company based out of Atlanta, GA.
The main focus is to offer instructional and educational seminars to help people learn the basics of survival and preparedness in a wilderness and urban environment.
Much of the information is formatted for the critical 72 hours after an event that will help individuals stabalize their situation and gain control of ther environment to increase their chances of a successful outcome. However, long term preparedness consulting services are also offered for individuals, groups, and businesses.

Qualifications include:
Over 23 years of outdoor education training and instruction.
Search and Rescue Experience
Medical Response Technician Training
Bachelors of Science of Recreation w/Emphasis on Outdoors
Certified Rock Climbing Instructor
Boy Scouts of America leadership Training
Multiple Director positions of outdoor programs

(P.S. This is not a tin foil hat type place but real world preparedness situations for you, your family and your business)
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I lived in Atlanta.  The first step to survival  preparedness is leaving Atlanta.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you have... you know... a website, or something?
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
You have a bachelor's degree and cannot spell the words experience and their?
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmm,,,plugging a course in a tech forum.........
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is this not ok? I haven't been here for long. But I have seen several posts relating to other companies and products. I did not mean this to be an ad or spam, but more of an FYI that I have a class open for October.
I know that many of you are very well versed in prepping but there are many people out there just getting started and would like the help these types of classes provide for them. And I try to do the occasional pro-bono class and seminars for Church groups and Boy Scout Troops.

If this is not acceptable I will remove the post as I do not wish to cause any hard feelings for anyone.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You have a bachelor's degree and cannot spell the words experience and their?

Thank you for the correction. Spell check really really helped me get through those years at school. LOL
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you have... you know... a website, or something?

Currently under construction. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 2:12:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this not ok? I haven't been here for long. But I have seen several posts relating to other companies and products. I did not mean this to be an ad or spam, but more of an FYI that I have a class open for October.

I know that many of you are very well versed in prepping but there are many people out there just getting started and would like the help these types of classes provide for them. And I try to do the occasional pro-bono class and seminars for Church groups and Boy Scout Troops.

If this is not acceptable I will remove the post as I do not wish to cause any hard feelings for anyone.

i dont make the rules or enforce them ..i was just making a comment.

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 2:32:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

i dont make the rules or enforce them ..i was just making a comment.

Whiel I have not been here as long as Protus (has anyone) From what I have seen the no no is generally towards advertising something you have a stake in, not discussing course you have attended or are thinking about attending.  
You might post in the training forum and ask a mod if it is ok to cross link it here.  Also, you might contact your home town forum mod and see about posting it there where the locals might see it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:19:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Whiel I have not been here as long as Protus (has anyone) From what I have seen the no no is generally towards advertising something you have a stake in, not discussing course you have attended or are thinking about attending.
You might post in the training forum and ask a mod if it is ok to cross link it here. Also, you might contact your home town forum mod and see about posting it there where the locals might see it.

Yeah, I have been around longer. lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 5:26:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You might post in the training forum and ask a mod if it is ok to cross link it here. Also, you might contact your home town forum mod and see about posting it there where the locals might see it.

I've been here longer too....but post WAY less....lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

yeah but im better looking

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 11:50:14 PM EDT
[#15]
That will teach me to ask a rhetorical question on the net
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top