Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2009 4:43:33 PM EDT
i got a couple of these from CTD a few months back and where in the hell do you get replacement filters for them?

the local army navy has the canister filters for the other masks but not the ones for mine.

another question is should i ditch these (sell) and but a newer style that accepts the screw on canister style filters???
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#1]
NATO standard filters FTW!
I wouldn't ditch them.... they're not worth anything, you might as well keep them for backup.
I really like the Isaeli masks... drinking tube, big eye holes, standard NATO filter... The two I have are in great shape.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

for the most part you don't.

even if you find them there is NO WAY to easily replace the filters in the field. it's a 10 min job and there is a GOOOOOOOD chance the thin rubber will rip putting them in.

i have a shitload of those masks i picked up for next to nothing. i isntalled filters in a few and vac. sealed them as GTFO masks to be kept in the car in the event of tear gas for crowds or something similar. i would not expect to need them more than 30 min tops until i got out of the area.

decent mask but swapping filters makes them of VERY limited use.

Don't you have to remove the mask to replace the filters? Not a good design at all in my book.

I think the Israeli ones are probably the best for what you pay.

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah if i would have known the filters were a PITA to change i wouldnt have bought them. i think i got them when CTD was selling them and a bad for 9.99.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
yeah if i would have known the filters were a PITA to change i wouldnt have bought them. i think i got them when CTD was selling them and a bad for 9.99.

well, there's your first clue.

but yeah, the OM10's suck.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well, there's your first clue.

but yeah, the OM10's suck.
other ones were selling for around the same price so how was i to know the difference. live and learn

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

the m10's are actually a decent mask and for general nbc the filters performed pretty well. they just need to be pre installed before use and swapping pretty much isn't an option.

install the filters and vacumme seal the mask. use it for a quick GTFO mask for the car or house.

filter changes are needed but if your doing things properly and dedicating everything to getting out to a safe area <like you should be> you likely will not use a filter change and one benifit here is just discarding the contaminted mask on decon.

they also come in handy in a wrokshop for dust and fumes.

cool thanks for the help. how long does the filter last? im sure it depends on the type of chemical in the area and its percentage..

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the m10's are actually a decent mask and for general nbc the filters performed pretty well. they just need to be pre installed before use and swapping pretty much isn't an option.

install the filters and vacumme seal the mask. use it for a quick GTFO mask for the car or house.

filter changes are needed but if your doing things properly and dedicating everything to getting out to a safe area <like you should be> you likely will not use a filter change and one benifit here is just discarding the contaminted mask on decon.

+1
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:06:18 AM EDT
[#10]
so where do you get a spare filter set for these?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:16:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

you don't you buy another complete mask.

CTD USED to have some but they are long gone. masks are no longer in production.

copy that thanks

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

cool thanks for the help. how long does the filter last? im sure it depends on the type of chemical in the area and its percentage..
 [/quote]

It's been a minute since I've had an NBC class, but it should be 8 hours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top