Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2001 10:28:18 PM EDT
Tonight, 5 weeks and 2 days of being in critical condition, My son was moved out of the neurological critical care unit.
He still is paralysed frome the chest down but can move his arms now and is starting to learn how to control them. He can move his hands and sometimes some of his fingers but not all the time. That will come with time. We work with them everyday and everyday is improvement.
It's like he has to learn how to use them all over again and he is doing that. He is getting stronger in his arms everyday.
He still has a lung problem and they are talking about another surgery. He is still on the ventilator but they are trying to ween him off it. He is doing a good job there too. It's just a matter of time until he is off and we have plenty of time. He is still fighting infection. they can't find it but they say it's there somewhere, he is contantly running a temp.
I finished reading him all the replies we recieved to his story with all your prayers and best wishes and he was overwhelmed. I told him as of this morning there had been over 2600 people who had read his story. He said he hope's that it will help someone from going through what he is now, even just one.
All the support from this forum and his friends and family has given him the strength and courage to face the task at hand, and he is meeting it head on and I thank you all again and he thanks you too. God bless all of you.
Dave274
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:08:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Dave, may your son continue to improve each and every day.  May God Bless him, and stay strong for him.   Steven
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top