Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2001 1:28:41 PM EDT
If you are interested in shooting Highpower Rifle on a regular basis, go to [url]www.nyhighpower.com[/url].  While most of the highpower activity is slow during the winter season, there's a winter league at the Peconic River Sportsman's Club on Long Island starting in January.

The most active ranges in NY for highpower are Camp Smith, in Peeksill, and the Forbes range in Colonie.  Both are 600 yard ranges.

You can go to [url]www.nyhighpower.com/links.html[/url] for contact information.

BTW, many of the female competitors in these leagues are juniors!

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#1]
ladies, please take mothercell's info into consideration.  we NEED more women shooters and we NEED to be more active in shooting activities.

let's get involved.  as soon as i get settled a bit more here in mesa, i'm taking a few shooting classes and then i'm gonna get my butt in some competition.  watch out camp perry!  (yeah, right!)
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#2]
To comment on the woman above who wants more involvement in the sport by other women, I say: "it takes a woman to recruit a woman" (into the sport).  Sure, men sometimes get women involved, but too often the man's ulterior motives turn otherwise receptive women sour about the man AND the sport. Until some woman comes along who has the necessary characteristics to tap into the potentially huge market of main-stream women(who do not now own guns), we won't see women join us in any significant numbers.  It will simply take someone who speaks their language and shares their concerns to get them involved.  We need a main-streamer to take the lead--and bring others in.

[soapbox]

I often suggest women read the book, "The Gift of Fear" as a way of "enlightening" them as to how dangerous a country we live in, and how prudent it is to have a gun.  Personally, I think the author, Gavin DeBecker a/k/a body guard to the stars, is a liberal dog-armed pencil-necked kind of guy (even though he is former SS (secret service)).  But, his book does have a way of instilling a sense of purpose with regard to personal protection in those who read it (intended audience: women).

[}:)]

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#3]
i'll be sure to add that book to my library!  thanks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't even know they had a range at Peconic River Sportman's-i'll have to look into that. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:11:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Go Shoot Highpower Womenz!! It's FUN!! [peep]

( As far as ulterior motives..........Read my book on long distance Romance.[grenade])

Link Posted: 12/19/2001 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/announcement.html?id=83[/url][peep]btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top