Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2001 6:56:26 PM EDT
In the midst of the prior flame fest, I broke in with the following post:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

biggun, I'm husky's husband. Do YOU even own an AR-15?? This is an AR15 board, you did notice it said ar15.com didn't you?? I would assume that an ar15 board would be about ar15's not hunting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gus said:

This is not my fight, but does this board not have a hunting forum? You must have seen it by now. This here is the women shooters forum. Does that mean hunting topics are not allowed here? Get real. Of course they are.

And finally, please be a little more carefull calling people trolls, you have looked at the pic you posted of your wife haven't you?? Feel free to reply bubba.

idaho-ar15

gus said:

I bet Husky is real proud of you right now!

Bigguns, you have a very fine wife. Too bad more women are not like her.

I used to think Idaho was a cool state. I guess there are assholes wherever you go....

My comments were in DEFENSE of Biggun's wife. She was being attacked by Husky's hubby, who was defending Husky against being semi-accused of trolling.

Then, baddog said this:

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To biggun's wife, if you see this stuff, please don't be hurt by the stupid, tasteless, cruel and completely unfair trashing you got from [b][u]gus[/b][/u], Huskies' wife."

I merely wish to point out that I was not trashing anyone's wife, and had only said that maybe Husky would not be so proud of her hubby's attacks based on looks.

Biggun's trolling comment, while maybe a little premature, was not a personal attack.

What [b]I[/b] said was definately not an attack.

Just wanted to set the record straight.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]
gus, I apologize profusely.  I somehow got crossed up and thought you were Huskie's husband.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Gus I have to admit in the stink that was brought on by you know who I made the same mistake the first time I read it. Although I was too mad to give it any attention. You know some people have no manners what so ever. A guy tries to encourage people to try something a little different and some idiot decides it is time to wage their personal war against it. I really don't know what was with these "people". A personal attact such as what we saw there is not acceptable in any way. What a F***ing idiot. I was waiting for the guy to start making threats against my wellbeing. You never know what to expect from nutcases like that anymore. Of course one of them will read this and start with the crap again. They thrive on it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the guy is maybe a little green on internet lingo and did not realize that "troll" referred to her posting. He may have thought you were actually saying his wife was an actual, non-cyber type, "troll"! In that case, he might well have thought he was in the right to say what he did. In truth though, Nobody should attack anyone personally on this board.
BTW, nice deer!  I got a little button buck on Saturday with my dad.  I love Autumn!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top