Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2001 9:08:22 AM EDT
I live in Texas and have had my CHL for almost 4 years now. I have gone through many different handguns, trying to find the right one that has the power I would like and the small size.
I carry a Glock 26 now but still have some concealment issues. I do still carry it in my purse. How or where do you carry yours?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never attempted to carry anywhere other than my purse.  Unless you like to wear loose clothing (which I don't), it just doesn't seem feasible to carry on your body.  There doesn't seem to be a good place to conceal a lump of metal with women's fashions.  You could try a leg strap with a skirt.  With Winter coming on, it will be much easier.  Jackets make shoulder harnesses a viable option.  Any other ideas out there?  I'm interested, too.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I am the same way. I don't like loose cloths.
Do you have a purse that is made for a handgun?
I have seen some but they want an arm and leg for one. The maker of the purse said that if you use it to save your life he will replace it free of charge. That is if you blow a hole in it. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#3]
No, I haven't even seen one of those.  I really don't think I want to be limited to just one purse.  Do they look halfway decent?  I'd like to see one.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
you might want to try a pager pal, they usedto use a woman to demonstrate the holster, always a popular booth at a cop convention. It worked  well for her in jeans, not real tight ones. At least a fanny pack won't scream cop for you
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a pagerpal and did not like it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#6]
CONCEALED?  WHO CARRIES CONCEALED?  AND WHY?

just kidding.  i carry my glock 26 (woo woo for little glocks!) in an Uncle Mike's inside the waist band holster when i'm dressing really casual (translation: untucked t-shirt or sweatshirt or sweater).

otherwise, i carry a taurus ultralite (titanium is a wonderful thing) .38 snub revolver in an Uncle Mike belt loop holster with strap over the hammer.  i can't carry the glock in my purse because most women's purses are not made for the weight of a 10+1 loaded glock plus another mag of 10.  does get kinda heavy with the wallet, checkbook, knife, cell phone, and keys.  (and yes, that's all i carry in my purse except maybe some lip balm.  [:D]).  the taurus is holstered to help protect it from lint and to prevent any ADs from the trigger getting snagged on something.

when i get the kimber, i'm not even going to worry about carrying concealed.  i think society needs to get used to it anyway.  wish more people carried open.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Fist, Inc ([url]http://www.fist-inc.com/[/url]) has a line of holsters aimed at those with a curve or two more than a man.

These would still require baggier cover garments such as untucked t-shirts, flannel shirts, etc, but in my opinion, they are a better alternative to purses and such that are prone to be left behind or left unattended by accident.

And that doesn't just go for purses, either.  Coat pockets and "planner" type holsters can easily be left unattended.  I know - I left a S&W J-frame in a coat pocket at work one day.  Didn't realize it until I got home and about had a heart attack.  Luckily, I was able to return to work and retrieve my coat before anyone fiddled with it, but nothing but belt holsters for me from then on.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#8]
its not uncommon for cops to find guns in the bra, dont ask me how.

or hide it in or under your hair, if its long.

ive seen too many women get there purses stolen, i dont believe its a safe option, but sometimes the only option.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:12:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Kelley, there's a company in Mesquite that has women's purses designed with a hidden holster.  Its called The Concealment Shop and it has a line called Feminine Protection Handbags.  Their website is at [url]www.theconcealmentshop.com[/url].

The street address is 617 W. Kearney #205 and the phone is 800-444-7090.  Check out the website.

Arock out.

(edited for content)

[red]just making the links operational! --ARlady[/red]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I have just acquired a Barami Hipgrip for a S&W Model 37 airweight. It was recommended to me by a law enforcement instructor. He says that his daughter carries under her business suit everyday, and he uses one also. It eliminates the need for a holster. I'm just getting used to it, but I can see that it eliminates a lot of the bulk involved with holsters. Check it out for yourselves, [url]www.hipgrip.com[/url]. I also prefer a revolver, at least there is less to mess up if you're in a hurry. Pull the trigger, go bang, and if it doesn't go bang you can work right through it without doing anything different. Just my opinion.

[red]gonna have to teach you guys how to make active links!  [;)]  --ARlady[/red]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 4:23:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Here's a company which sells leather Handbags:
[url]http://www.3wmguns.com/accessories/1amord/guardian.html[/url]

Mike
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Concealing a fairly thick Glock 26 is not easy even for a man. Maybe consider getting a slimmer/smaller gun, such as a Colt Mustang 380 with an aluminum frame 12 oz unloaded.  I don't carry concealed but the Mustang is a lot thinner than a G26.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Have you heard of thunderwear? I don't know how it works with women but they show a very attractive lady in thier ad with little clothes on.
Just an Idea
-Chuck
I am too young to carry concealed, at least enjoy the Right.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#14]
My spousal unit has had Feminine Protection purses for about ten years now.

She thinks it's the highest quality purse she's ever owned, and her current one shows absolutely no wear after four years of daily use.

The only reason she's on her second one is that British Airways managed to rip her first one in half (!) at Heathrow - it was packed empty in a checked cardboard box that got mangled by a conveyor belt.  That one, six years old, showed no wear either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top