Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2001 8:29:43 AM EDT
Please help me settle an arguement,a friend believes that Mattel(the toy company) manufactured M-16`s at one point,I have heard this from others but as of yet have found nothing about this in print.Please enlighten me.
Bossman
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:39:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't think so either, but you never know.  My favorite one is Rock-OLa, the jukebox maker making M1 carbines.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I didn't think so either, but you never know.  My favorite one is Rock-OLa, the jukebox maker making M1 carbines.  
View Quote

You probably don't realize it, but, that is where the term "Rock and Load" came from.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell, I wouldn't doubt it if they did. My rifle at Ft Hood was made by Singer; you know, the sewing machine folks?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
The term that came from the Rock-ola manufactured rifles was "Rock-and-Roll" not rock and load.

They used this term to describe full-auto.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top