Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2001 12:12:37 PM EDT
I got a call last night from a guy who found a pistol in his yard.  He wanted to know what it might be and had taken it down to the local gun store.  They told him to call me.   I have no idea, from his description.  I'm hoping he will bring it over for inspection.  

This is what he described:
Small pocket pistol, "looks like a .25cal auto".  He says cal. is 7.63/.30mauser. Pistol is marked "Made in West Germany".   Has a 67 on the frame, not sure where he said.  

From what I know, and researched the handguns made in .30mauser- 7.62X25-7.63 are large.  I keep thinking is is 7.65 or .32auto, but he said no.  Also, I'm guessing the 67 is year of production, but I can't believe anyone was still making a 7.63 cal auto in 67'.  Any ideas what he has?  
guns762
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I would guess it is between 1950-1988. West Germany's name wasn't adopted for a while after WW2.
If it doesn't have a name, it is probably a 2nd rate manufacturer. Have you checked Arminus(sp?)?
I think FIE was another manufacturer in that period.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top