Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2002 6:01:33 PM EDT
Would a bolt action only on an AR based platform be legal in CA if so can a purchased upper permenently attached to the lower make it legal to keep mine. Since it is not capable of SEMI auto it should be OK right???[sniper]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Correct me if I am wrong,
But if you make your own receiver using an 80% casting, wouldn’t that be legal because the name of the manufacture and model# would not be on their ‘bad’ list?  I remember talking to a DOJ rep not that long ago and he said that any lower receiver that accepted an AR15 type upper receiver was not permitted, however there are exceptions.  The FAB10 is one they mentioned was CA legal.
When I asked if I could make a lower receiver and put a post-ban upper on it with ought a pistol grip, they said “send us a picture of what you want to do and we will let you know if it’s legal or not”.  Well it’s worth a shot, you can send them a sketch and a description of what you want to do and let them tell you yes or no.  I have a permit applications for a machine / assault weapons on my desk right now, at least they are cool enough to say they won’t cash in the check until I have met all the requirements.  I probably won’t do it any time soon, just don’t like the idea of losing $320 and 200+ days for them to issue a ‘no’.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought i read that the Kuehl .22 14 inch upper can only be used with a lower that has been converted for use with it ? (I cant seem to find that info now) Since a regular upper wouldn't work and only .22 uppers would, think it would be legal?
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top