Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2001 9:19:36 PM EDT
In the interest of not ending up like Oneshot1kill, does anyone know what the laws are in Washington State for carrying guns in cars? I normally keep my AR behind the front seat of my Pathfinder (with the back seats folded down, it makes a perfect place to put a rifle) in a unzipped assault rifle case with three thirties in a USGI mag pouch in the biggest pocket. Earlier this fall I saw a guy with a AR on rack in the back window of his truck and after that I figured I was alright, but in light of recent events I would like more evidence. Am I legal?

Kyle
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#1]
1shot1kill was LEGALLY transporting his rifle - it's the gung-ho cops who've fucked up there.

Reportedly they're holding his rifle and ammo now because they believe the "green tip" M855 ammo he had in some of his magazines to be "illegal armor-piercing" rounds.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I know he was carrying it legally, but they also nailed him on the mundane parts of the law. That is what I am trying to avoid.

Kyle
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Officers I shoot pistol with around here say put it in the trunk. You drive SUV, best to place all way at rear, so as to require you to exit vehicle and retreive from the rear of the vehicle, BLOWS the READILY ACCESSIBLE theory. On a rack in the window with bolt removed covers the carrying concealed, as it is out in the open, you see a lot of that around the farm areas. I knew a fella that left his on the dash
of his car. The trunk was full of s*&t and holes.

Try E-mail to [email][email protected][/email], he is a C2 in WA. Has to know the law there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top