Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2001 9:08:17 PM EDT
I remember that there was a sheriff in nor cal that was signing permits for people from outside his county.  Did they change the rules that permit this?  Do you have to have them signed off by your own sheriff?  Buddy of mine up north just got his and asked me if I wanted to come up and take the class as he said they were a cinch to get.  If it has to get signed of by my sheriff there is no way no how unless I can come up with a large campaign contribution.

So, what is the story.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC it was the Butte County Sheriff. But I'm pretty sure your local CoP or Sheriff has to sign off by CA law.

btw, see my thread in GD-non firearms about our county sheriff.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:53:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, read that.  Here in Contra Costa, if there is no history of large contributions to the sheriff's campaign fund there is no way.  I even got an application for laughs.  All the freakin hoops you have to jump through and the arrogance of the sherrifs when you ask.  Ugh.  Oh well, good thing they are here to protect me so I don't need to carry. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:00:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe it was the Police Chief in Isleton, a small town in Sacramento County.  He was fired and a state law passed that only allowed a CLEO to issue permits to residents in his jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top