Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2001 9:22:18 PM EDT
Wal-mart is now saying there was no plan to discriminate against 18 & 19 year old long gun buyers. That their mandatory safety classes for the 18 & 19 year olds was voluntary, not mandatory. Well according to us, & backed up by news from the NRA, we find Wal-mart's so-called voluntary safety class was not voluntary after all. News at the "blue star" icon at:
National CCW Reciprocity Foundation
http://www.NationalCCW.com

(Error in the story: "Institute on Legislative Action" should read "Institute for Legislative Action". Thank you.)
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Still having problems with posting a URL link I see. Do you not read these responses or are you just pigheaded?
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
NationalCCW,

I had a run-in at a local Wal-Mart a few months back.  I went to purchase some minor reloading equipment (dies, case prep stuff) and when I went to check out, a warning buzzer went off.  The cashier (pimply-faced teeny-bopper girl) asked to see my driver's license, in order to verify that I was over 18.  Not that it was going to make any difference, but I proceeded to educate the cashier and those waiting in line behind me about Federal and State firearms laws.  (Being an FFL and an LEO, I felt that I knew at least a little on the subject).  I explained that there are NO laws restricting the sales of reloading components, and that in my opinion, Wal-Mart was caving in to political pressure.  Such a business as that is not deserving of my money, so I left the entire cart of groceries and sundries, along with the reloading parts, and left the store.  It REALLY pissed off my wife (she's not very confrontational!), but I think people should take the opportunity when it arises to make a point.  We have to let these businesses know they're losing our support and $$$.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top