Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2001 9:08:41 PM EDT
I saw on AR15.com's front page and I would like to share some thoughts... Sometimes I think replica gun should never be allowed but real ones should always be allowed because its so easy to get confused wheather or not one's real or not... I have seen guns at a gun shop that LOOKS like a toy... plastic bodies and all.. one of them is green and another blue, light blue that is... like the color a kid would consider a toy. The point is that someone could be carrying a stage prop and only to be shot because some cop thought the guy was about to shoot him (cant blame him... you only got a fraction of a second to respond and you have no time to tell wheather or not that gun is real...) so if there were only real guns out there then every gun would be treated seriously by the general public... reason .22 cause the most death because people dont think they are all that dangerous... same thing with air rifles and BB guns.. and paintball gun too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Ban replica guns because they might be confused with real ones?  Gee, isn't that a Sarah Brady line?  It's just another case of the camel sticking his nose under the tent.  As Chuck Shummer said introducing "Brady II" after promising he wouldn't go furtuer in order to get Brady to pass, "The Brady Bill was just the camel's nose.  Here's the rest of the camel!"

Another note...The shooting scenario you described is a rare occurance and the .22 rimfire, .25 ACP and .32 ACP account for the majority of firearms related deaths because criminal types tend to carry small handguns in those calibers more than any other because they are usually small and easier to cinceal.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#2]
that and theres alot more 22's out there in the general publics hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top