Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2001 11:44:03 AM EDT
My question is about transferring a Military M16 to a regular civilian.  He is retired officer from the Philippine army and says he can bring 2 guns each time he visits the US. He says he can give the gun as a gift with a letter stating what it is and his signature. Sounds very questionable to me. I do not hold a class III liscense.

Just checking before I end up in jail.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#3]
He may be able to bring 2 guns in each time he visits the US, and it may be legal in the phillipines for him to transfer an M16 to a civilian.

However, he could not legally bring in a machinegun to the United States, nor if he somehow got that machinegun admitted under a special import permit, could he transfer that machinegun to anyone but law enforcement or military, for official use only.

If you were to move to the phillipines, he might be able to legally do what he claims, but you would not be allowed to bring that M16 back to the US with you.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.

Sounded to good to be true :)

Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top