Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 5:36:39 PM EDT
for example, say i have a "postban" before the AWB sunset. then, i put a preban upper and stock on it after the ban sunsets. now, there is a new ban that comes in and is even worse than the original ban. how do i prove that my AR is now on "preban" status?????

can i just take several digital pics and save them on several disks because it has the "created" date on them?

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Not this shit again.

Take an add out in the local paper with you and your guns pictured.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#3]
How do I prove I am preban if they ban white males over six feet tall tomorrow?

Can I take a picture of myself today standing next to a newspaper and a measuring tape?

Can I notarize the picture and mail it to myself, my congressman, my mother, my attorney and my ex?

I really need to know how to comply with a law that doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]
It's good to get into the mindset that you must fear and prove your innocence to the Government!  You are a true patriot, my friend!  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Not this shit again. <http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_angry.gif>

Take an add out in the local paper with you and your guns pictured.

hmmmmmmmmmm... do you take a pic of your serial # too? how the fuck do you prove that the gun you're holding has the same serial # as the gun you have?

You are from California.  Your ban did not expire, so why are you asking this question????

SB23 didn't expire but the AWB did. if you have a legal AW in CA, then you can now add features to it that you previously couldn't because of the AWB. That's why I ask this question.

Can I notarize the picture and mail it to myself, my congressman, my mother, my attorney and my ex?

Might be the best solution. Thanks for the idea.

I really need to know how to comply with a law that doesn't exist.

You think it won't ever exist again? Good for you.

Wow, I ask a question I think is valid and I get flamed. Whoops, I guess I should know everything like you guys.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:49:49 AM EDT
[#6]
You got flamed because you asked a question that is really unanswerable until a new law is passed. You got flamed because your question has been asked several times before. You got flamed because it is not a question to be concerned about now.

It wasn't a big deal so don't put too much into it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:07:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You think it won't ever exist again? Good for you.

No the point is not if it will exist again or not, the point is IF it exists again WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A NEW LAW WILL SAY!!!!!

Get it ?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Regardless of any future law's text, if there is a grandfather clause, it won't matter what mods you have on your gun now...it will only matter that your gun was manufactured before the new law.   You can probably determine the year the gun was manufactured by looking up the serial number somehow.  Therefore, you would not need to make any evidence of any kind now to prove that your gun was made before a future ban.  Am I right people?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]
You cannot make any assumptions about future AWB's.  But the antis will not waste time with a cosmetic ban next time... they have been kicked hard over this already.  Next time, and they have said this themselves, they will go for a full ban.  "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in."

They BARELY got the '94 AWB voted in by one vote and they held voting open long past the alloted time for the vote... in other words, they had to cheat.  Then they lost a bunch of Dem seats, and the 2000 election due to all of this.

So, it ain't gonna happen.

The anti's strategy now is to go for bans state by state.

We, gun owners, due to the widespread use of the internet, are better organized now.  We are better able to combat the LIES told about the AWB.  And we have responded to various state laws, and in general, kicked ass.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:00:35 AM EDT
[#10]
If a new one comes, Congress will let us know.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#11]
That is how they will lead the simple, true believers into a registration scheme.  The law will ban "assault weapons" outright, except those possessed before a certain date.  See, simple.  This will be "common sense."  To prove you are legal, so as not to lose property and freedom, all you need do is "register" them.  Very easy, and sensible.  

Ought to be interesting.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If a new one comes, Congress will let us know.

Beat me to it. You will have time to make preparations.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
To prove you are legal, so as not to lose property and freedom, all you need do is "register" them.  Very easy, and sensible.  

.... and then when the next left wing radical gets into the White House, he(she?) makes us turn them all in or demil them, a la England and Australia.

Luckily, thanks to the CSI shows, everyone thinks that handguns are already registered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top