Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2001 6:41:10 PM EDT
HI Guys, IM a regular here but I didn't want to post this under My name. I know this guy who is a felon and living in a house with guns in it. What is the legality of this? Can he get in to trouble for living there? I go golfing with his PO and I know that My name would be kept out of it if I was to say something. I don't like the guy at all but I get along with his roommate. Could his roommate get into any trouble? His roommate is a very good Guy and will help anyone to a fault.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Possession of a firearm by a felon is, in most jurisdictions, a felony itself.  Some states have different slants on this.  What you want to do with this knowledge is up to you and your conscience - I'm assuming you are not a police officer and therefore are not sworn to uphold the law, so I don't think that you are under any legal requirement to report your knowledge to any law enforcement officer.  On the other hand, perhaps Edmund Burke said it best: "All that is necessary for evil men to flourish is for good men to do nothing."  

Unless the roommate is furnishing firearms to a known felon, I don't think he's in any trouble.   I'd be awfully careful if I were the roommate, though.  These things have a habit of slinging excrement on innocent bystanders.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top