Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2001 3:57:58 PM EDT
Where can I find all the rules and regs for modifying an AR 15?  I don't want "Big Brother" knocking on my door with one of those shit eatin grins as my beloved weapon is taken and I end up in prison.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of modifications are you talking about?  Barrel length?  Pre-ban questions?
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What kind of modifications are you talking about?  Barrel length?  Pre-ban questions?
View Quote
Pre-bans: mags, barrel, stocks, sound/flash suppressors, select fire, the works.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I would start with James Bardwell's FAQ on National Firearms Act Weapons.

Try this URL:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/index.html

Check the FAQs under nfa_faq.txt.

It looks like in IA:

Machine guns are out except for Law Enforcement and dealers.

Sound supressors, short barreled rifles, short shotguns, large bore destructive devices, and explosive, incendiary, or poison gas destructive devices are limited to items designated as collector's items by the Commisioner of Public Safety (basically Curio and Relic list).

That leaves AOW's.

I would also check out the M16-Full Auto forum for more information.

Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top