Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2001 4:31:09 PM EDT
I have found a whole truck load of references for "18 U.S.C. 922(x)" and "18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1)", regarding posession of handguns by 18 to 21 year olds. My problem is finding the [i]actual[/i] law? I need to find the actual wording, not cliffs notes or adlibbed version. A website is fine but I'd prefer a .gov address as it would be a little more authentic.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/922.html[/url] is one of the better places around.  Just because federal law says you cant buy your pistol or ammo from an FFL doesnt mean you cant buy your gear through a private sale (check your local laws first!).

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Kharn, thanks, that was a HUGE help. I had come accross lots of chopped up versions in my search. They all had the Title 18 US codes referrenced, but I couldn't find the complete text. Thanks again.

Arkansas has no state posession law saying you must be 21. I found that out in my research also. I am going to take this info to several friends of mine to show them. I wish I had known I could have had a handgun when I turned 18, or else I would have started sooner. [:)]

I am going to have to spread this info around a bit here, though. Me, 3 cop friends of mine, a corrections guy, a lawyer, and 1 FFL I've talked with all did not know it was legal for 18 y/o to possess handguns. Who'd a thunk it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Washington state law says a minor ages 18-20 can own a handgun in his permanent residence, his place of business (if it is HIS business), or and property owned and controlled by him.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#4]
check out www.gunlaws.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top