Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/28/2010 10:06:11 AM EDT
Don't know if it's a dupe, sorry if it is. I can't search right now.

U.S. Agrees to Timetable for UN Gun Ban
January 27, 2010
Summary
Hilary Clinton and the UN now have an official timeline in place for imposing internation gun control on American gun owners.

The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.

The United States joined 152 other countries in support of the Arms Trade Treaty Resolution, which establishes the dates for the 2012 UN conference intended to attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms.

Working groups of anti-gun countries will begin scripting language for the conference this year, creating a blueprint for other countries when they meet at the full conference.

The stakes couldn’t be higher.

Former United Nation’s ambassador John Bolton has cautioned gun owners about the Arms Trade Treaty and says the UN “is trying to act as though this is really just a treaty about international arms trade between nation states, but there’s no doubt that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control.”

Establishing the dates for the Arms Trade Treaty Conference is just the first step toward their plans for total gun confiscation.

The worldwide gun control mob will ensure the passage of an egregious, anti-gun treaty…

. . .and that’s where Secretary of State Hillary Clinton steps in.

Once the UN Gun Ban is passed by the General Assembly of the United Nations it must be ratified by each nation, including the United States.

As an arch enemy of gun owners, Clinton has pledged to push the U.S. Senate to ratify the treaty. She will push for passage of this outrageous treaty designed to register, ban and CONFISCATE firearms owned by private citizens like YOU. Read more

Source: National Association for Gun Rights

click
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#1]
good luck getting that ratified.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#2]
sweet, i am ready to turn in my weapons freely! do i get an applebee's gift card for it?
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Hillary won't be in the administration past November 2010.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Blue helmets are easy....
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I wish them the best of luck.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Come and get them    

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

January 27, 2010

Summary

Hilary Clinton and the UN now have an official timeline in place for imposing internation gun control on American gun owners.

The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.

The United States joined 152 other countries in support of the Arms Trade Treaty Resolution, which establishes the dates for the 2012 UN conference intended to attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms.

Working groups of anti-gun countries will begin scripting language for the conference this year, creating a blueprint for other countries when they meet at the full conference.

Former United Nation’s ambassador John Bolton has cautioned gun owners about the Arms Trade Treaty and says the UN “is trying to act as though this is really just a treaty about international arms trade between nation states, but there’s no doubt that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control.”

Establishing the dates for the Arms Trade Treaty Conference is just the first step toward their plans for total gun confiscation.

The worldwide gun control mob will ensure the passage of an egregious, anti-gun treaty…

Once the UN Gun Ban is passed by the General Assembly of the United Nations it must be ratified by each nation, including the United States.

As an arch enemy of gun owners, Clinton has pledged to push the U.S. Senate to ratify the treaty. She will push for passage of this outrageous treaty designed to register, ban and CONFISCATE firearms owned by private citizens like YOU. Read more

click

No, they did NOT set a 'time table for a UN gun ban' - they set a timetable for another round of talks on arms-control, where the non-arms-producing nations will wax-poetic about restraining the arms-trade, while the major powers (Who are the major arms-makers) will essentially tell said idiotic nations to either grow an arms industry & make some money, or sit-and-spin, which will result in the 'talks' falling apart just like all the other ones did.... Which is very, very good for us - not just 'freedom' wise, but economically as well (the US is a top-3 arms manufacturer)...

IAW, hot air, nothing done, no harm to us....

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#10]
If they really, REALLY want to start a shooting war...

...this is the way to do it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#11]
They can create all the timetables they want.  Treaties don't mean shit unless the Senate votes on it, and even a Deomcratic Senate wouldn't pass this one, especially after the Mass election.  Besides, R's will pick up seats before 2012 anyway.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Let me show you my shocked face:

Not at all, really.  We knew this was going to happen after she agreed last fall that the US would be receptive to participating in treaty negotiations.  That's still a far cry from agreeing to send it to the Senate for ratification, and even further from getting a 2/3s majority in the Senate to ratify it.

Not that we shouldn't be vigilant and work hard to keep our Senators on notice about how much we oppose ratification of any proposed treaty, but there's nothing that can be done about Clinton cheerfully working along side the UN to draft the language of the agreement.  Best we can do is vote them out in 2012.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I've posted this multiple times now but it bears repeating, TREATIES DO NOT SUPERSEDE THE CONSTITUTION
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to go ahead and say "fuck no".
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#15]
We have lots of enemies both foreign and domestic!
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#18]
By the authority invested to me as a US Citizen and Taxpayer in good standing, I hereby tell the the UN, and their lapdog 0bama, COME AND GET THEM.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've posted this multiple times now but it bears repeating, TREATIES DO NOT SUPERSEDE THE CONSTITUTION

Unless its ratified
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They do if they're ratified.  Not so much supersede as become part of.  

Oh, and expect a shitstorm of threads about this to pop up about twice a week after Alex Jones goes full retard while making extremely exaggerated claims about what this means and tries to panic everyone into epitomizing the shower/cookie/rifle picture.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:20:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Has anyone heard of a source for this yet?  Tried the first about 10 pages of google...
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

January 27, 2010
Summary

click

No, they did NOT set a 'time table for a UN gun ban' - they set a timetable for another round of talks on arms-control, where the non-arms-producing nations will wax-poetic about restraining the arms-trade, while the major powers (Who are the major arms-makers) will essentially tell said idiotic nations to either grow an arms industry & make some money, or sit-and-spin, which will result in the 'talks' falling apart just like all the other ones did.... Which is very, very good for us - not just 'freedom' wise, but economically as well (the US is a top-3 arms manufacturer)...

Well Dave-A has spoken from the parents basement again all is well
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

They can create all the timetables they want.  Treaties don't mean shit unless the Senate votes on it, and even a Deomcratic Senate wouldn't pass this one, especially after the Mass election.  Besides, R's will pick up seats before 2012 anyway.

It doesn't matter to me if the Senate votes on it and passes it.  Until they change the constitution to eliminate the 2nd amendment, using the proper method, I'll completely ignore it.  If they ever manage to change the constitution, then I'll pay attention....and then I'll do as I damn well please anyway.  Fuck them, every last one of them.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#25]

The way that was written was NOT good journalism. Sounds like more fear mongering to me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless its ratified

No they do not. Doesn't matter if it is ratified or not.

the supreme court has covered this, it comes up every time we have a thread about this treaty.

Reid v. Covert, 354 U.S. 1 (1957), is a landmark case in which the United States Supreme Court ruled that the Constitution supersedes international treaties ratified by the United States Senate. According to the decision, "this Court has regularly and uniformly recognized the supremacy of the Constitution over a treaty"

Holding
The Constitution supersedes all treaties ratified by the United States Senate. The military may not try the civilian wife of a soldier under military jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

January 27, 2010

Summary

click

Dave_A has spoken from his house, on his land, in WA.

His parents live in WI.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#29]
May not want to hold this in the US, it may turn.... Interesting
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

January 27, 2010
Summary

click

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't matter to me if the Senate votes on it and passes it.  Until they change the constitution to eliminate the 2nd amendment, using the proper method, I'll completely ignore it.  If they ever manage to change the constitution, then I'll pay attention....and then I'll do as I damn well please anyway.  Fuck them, every last one of them.

Granted I really don't know anything about this treaty, but it sounds like it has to do with the arms trade.  What are you going to do, use your guns to force arms and ammunition manufacturers like to sell their products to the public?
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless its ratified

No they do not. Doesn't matter if it is ratified or not.

the supreme court has covered this, it comes up every time we have a thread about this treaty.

Reid v. Covert, 354 U.S. 1 (1957), is a landmark case in which the United States Supreme Court ruled that the Constitution supersedes international treaties ratified by the United States Senate. According to the decision, "this Court has regularly and uniformly recognized the supremacy of the Constitution over a treaty"

Holding

The Constitution supersedes all treaties ratified by the United States Senate. The military may not try the civilian wife of a soldier under military jurisdiction.

Yeah, it's just very easy to get ARFCOM all rattled up when things like this are posted. When we know this isn't going to actually happen.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes and no... Not to argue but the banners have set "non binding" time tables for control meetings in the past, and they always magically end up becoming binding treaties...

Ref: "The Global War On Our Guns" by LaPierre...
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The way that was written was NOT good journalism. Sounds like more fear mongering to me.

What do you expect, it's from the Gun Digest... However, the plausibility bears consideration. Hilary's stated goals + opportunity in the UN = interesting times, my friend. At very least the chance for it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Could someone email Hilary and tell her to get a different pet project?  This one will only demonstrate her failures.

Now, if she could negotiate discounts on international ammunition shipments and get the BATFE to open up the sporting rifle category so the US consumers can dominate the market in imported weapons, she would be lauded as a hero by a significant portion of the population.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Boy, I sure am glad I had that boating accident last year.

To all feds:  This is my excuse and I'm stickin' to it.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you expect, it's from the Gun Digest... However, the plausibility bears consideration. Hilary's stated goals + opportunity in the UN = interesting times, my friend. At very least the chance for it.

I'm not saying don't be vigilant, but in this case, it isn't something to throw a clot over.

Gun control is even MORE unpopular than national healthcare, and we all know how that went....

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That's pretty much what I thought too...

"You see this here, you stupid blue helmet wearer...  That's the Constitution and it says you can go f!ck yourself right now..."

Spooky
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#40]

That guy was getting lit up in a crossfire.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Not gonna happen...

EVERYONE knows what the end result would be.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.cpva-surrey.com/UN_helmet-small.jpg

This and 3%...

AC
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

And the smart ones here didnt have to read it.....

Until you decided to quote it.

Read it or not, like it or not, if you arent gonna put him on ignore please dont fucking quote it so the rest of us dont have to read it.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#44]

well, seeing how nobody has the balls to say it. .. here goes:

osama, klinton, pelosi, reed and all their friends are criminals and Enemies of the Constitution and should be treated as such!

good lord, what the fuck is America waiting for?

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#45]
I just heard on Fox News today that Hiliary DOESN'T want another 4 years with the current administration.   She's Quitting!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#46]
There are MULTIPLE ways to sidestep the "ratified by Congress" approach.

All interested should read Wayne LaPierre's book "The Global War on Your Guns."
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Tag

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Too bad I lost all of my firearms in a tragic ocean kayak accident.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Come and get them!!

-King Leonidas
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I just heard on Fox News today that Hiliary DOESN'T want another 4 years with the current administration.   She's Quitting!!

She's going to campaign for President in '12, I guarantee it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top