Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2001 7:42:02 PM EDT
I need to know if anybody has any experience with these shotguns and what there thoughts are? They have an 18 1/2" barrelled version with ghost rings that i'm really interested in. Ant info is helpful, Thanks in advance.

Crosshairs
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I posted pics of that exact gun on a "Show me yours" thread started by Frank the Spank. Fastest pump in the world. The only one I'd take over the 870. Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
A buddy has one, and it shoots great. It even has an optional recoil reducing buffer that you can put in the stock. Not too crazy about the one-piece plastic stock-receiver, though.  You can't change to a pistol grip, and seems to me, if you get a little rough and break the plastic stock you are out a gun.  Just my obsevation, there may be others who know better.  

Link Posted: 3/20/2001 9:51:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I waited until my buddy had his for a year. This guy is notorious for falling off mountains and shit. He uses shotguns like a fricking tool, throws them, drops them, knocks crap loose with the butstock, etc. All of his equipment gets the "red headed stepchild" treatment. But you find out what holds up as a result. His Nova has survived. Can't say the same for his two Mossbergs.
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I switched from my 870 to a Nova this past year for duck season.  Hunted about 30 days for ducks.  ZERO problems from the Nova.  I had a little trouble at first finding the safety compared with the 870,but no problem now.  i refer to it as the " I-talian Waterfowl Widowmaker"!!!  Bought it used off this board last summer.  Great shotgun!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top