Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2001 7:11:45 PM EDT
I know I'm getting off topic but need your opinions.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
 I would think that you couldn't go wrong with having it done by either Springfield Armory, or Fulton Armory.
 I have not personally had them do work for me, maybe someone else can vouch for them.
 From what I have seen of their products though, both do top notch work.

Chuck
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Mil-Techs restorations look pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh Man, M 1 Restoration huh, Well now thats a tricky subject. If that rifle is all original as it came from the arsenal, its worth more that, way no matter the condition, I myself would just try to find one in better condition.
Remember, that piece of machinery went thru the war, it has history. If its nothing special you could send it off. Fulton Armory does a good job but it aint cheap. I collect them, and one that has been restored does not mean much to me. any restoration wont keep it original. You could find someone to restore it to original configuration but thats even more money.
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
CIB, please tell me more about that Miltech you saw.
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless you hit the lotto, I would pass on Fulton Armory or Miltech. They also use alot of non USGI parts. Matters to some and not others. If you are looking for a cosmetic restoration try Jim Gravitt of Protech 217-335-2727.
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 4:30:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Check out Dean's Gun Restorations.  He does first class work.

http://www.dgrguns.com/index.html/
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 4:40:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Clint McKee, Fulton Armory.

I also know of a guy here in SC that did a fab job on mine, taking it to a nice match rifle.

Are you looking for a resto to ORIGINAL milspec with period parts, or a resto to a match rifle???
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Try Paul White (301-330-2500) in Gaithersburg, MD.  He's much better than Fulton Armory (over rated) and cheaper.  He advertises in Shotgun News.  Also, his park. jobs are the best I've seen.  He also works on m1 carbines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top