Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2009 6:03:54 PM EDT
So I think I can finally say I have been spending too much time around this place.

Last night I had a vivid dream that multiple intruders were breaking into my house in the dead of night.  They looked like the Manson gang - as a couple of them were women.

In the dream, I had gotten as far as retrieving my HD go-to and getting my cel to call 911 when I woke up, with my heart racing, at around 3 a.m.

Whaddya think, have I been spending too much time reading some of the threads in this place?

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Not enough. You woke up first.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
One time, my wife made me watch a documentary on kidnapping teenagers and turning them to forced prostitution.

There was a guy that found his daughter at a house in the show, waited 3 hours for cops to show up, gave up, went in with a tire iron, and got beaten into the hospital with it.

In my version, in my dream, it was my daughter (16 in the dream, 2 in real life).  I gave the cops a courtesy call, and went in.  I breached the door with a shotgun, dropped it, killed everyone I encountered on the way in to finding my daughter, gave her my sidearm, and we safely unassed.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
i have thoses dreams very often its normal. a few combat dreams as well forgein armys invade the us shit like that. its normal its when i dont have those dream i get worried
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a dream like that but is was a car jackin, my gun jammed in the dream and i died
........so the next day I cleaned all my guns
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had a dream like that but is was a car jackin, my gun jammed in the dream and i died........so the next day I cleaned all my guns

Meh. gets me all the time. I have the Trigger Pull Dreams where you can't pull the trigger hard enough or far enough to fire. I'm like pointing at the BGs face and it won't fire  
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had that damn dream where the trigger pulls is like a million pounds, I remember in the dream I'm like WTF this gun always goes off.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Almost all of mine end up with unkillable bad guys. No matter how many times I shoot and reload they keep fighting on. Was kind of nice that they actually died in my most recent fighting dream. Man that seems weird to type.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I no longer have nightmare...Seriously in any dream that I can recall where something bad is going to happen or does happen the situation is always resolved by me and my guns. the most recent dream I can recall and I swear to god on this was after I saw paranormal activity.  I had a dream where I got dragged out of my bed by a unkown thing, as I was falling out of my bed I grabbed my bed side gun and put rounds into it. Now if you have seen the movie that's probably not possible but it happened and most if not all my dreams are like that. Now that is fucked up I got the sickness that's for sure.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#9]
So what's it say about me that in every dream that involves guns, I kill BOATLOADS of people and seem to be a spy?  The shitty part is that I have had less than 5 sex dreams in my life.  I've shot a shitload of people though...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So what's it say about me that in every dream that involves guns, I kill BOATLOADS of people and seem to be a spy?  The shitty part is that I have had less than 5 sex dreams in my life.  I've shot a shitload of people though...

So its not a total loss.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:16:23 AM EDT
[#11]
A few months ago I had a very vivid dream about somebody breaking into my house, drawing down and chasing him off, calling the police.... and then posting about it on arfcom. While I was in the middle of writing it up, he came back and I held him at gunpoint until the cops showed up. No joke
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:23:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Its funny. The guns that jam in my dreams have NEVER jammed in real life. I take it as a sign I need to hit the range more often, the dreams normally stop.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:26:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I got in a fight dream the other night and woke up with a slightly sprained wrist.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:56:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I've had dreams where I had to pull a gun in self-defense.................and every time, something goes wrong, and it malfunctions.  I don't remember actually dying in the dream, but I do remember that I've never gotten a shot off.

I also recently had a dream that I was in a parked in a parking lot, and some guy walked up asking for directions.  As soon as he was close enough, without saying a word.........he reached in and slit my throat with a razor.  Weird.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top