Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Im into the ferrari 360

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Everybody and there mom owns a Corvette, do you know anyone who owns a Ferrari? No? A Corvette?
My next door neighbor has a corvette and then there is the one three doors down and then there is the one at the end of the street ect, ect.
Besides if they where buying a drivers car the would just get a GT2 and be done with it.

how many of those are ZR1's? just sayin
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The Italia sure does look like an interesting car. I can't wait to see Clarkson's review. I'm guessing he'll love it to bits.

As far as the discussion about different manufacturers go - I think there is more to cars than simple numbers. There is character, there is charisma. There is soul. And a certain social climate surrounds every marque. I have tremendous respect for the Corvette, but I find it simply vulgar and ostentatious. All Ferraris are garish, especially in red. Ughh. Lamborghini's are boorish, boisterous, vulgar and too new-money.

Gentlemen drive Jaguars and Aston Martins. These days, I'd lean more toward Jaguar.

And if you are truly genteel, you'll forget all about sporty cars and drive a nice sedan. Probably a Volkswagen Phaeton. There's an automobile with class. Not showy like a 7-series, not cliché like a S-class.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Comparing a Corvette to a Ferrari is like wearing a belt with suspenders...YOU LOOK FUCKING RETARDED!  I don't care what some car magazine said, there is no way that a Chevette, I mean Corvette can run with ANY European sports car, especially not a Ferrari...THE HIGHEST END FERRARI.  Oh sure, with enough displacement you can accelerate quickly or reach a high top end.  How many folks have been over 150mph here?  I have on many occasions, and while I have not been in a ZR1, I can tell you I was scared shitless in a 2005 Corvette and an early 2000's Viper well before 150mph.  Never been scared like that in a Porsche, Ferrari, or Lambo up to about 175mph, scared yes, shitting my pants like in the Vette or Viper, no.  

Disclaimer:  I will never be able to afford any of these cars, I just happen to work in a profession where my customers can.

i've been over 160 on my bike.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Comparing a Corvette to a Ferrari is like wearing a belt with suspenders...YOU LOOK FUCKING RETARDED!  I don't care what some car magazine said, there is no way that a Chevette, I mean Corvette can run with ANY European sports car, especially not a Ferrari...THE HIGHEST END FERRARI.  Oh sure, with enough displacement you can accelerate quickly or reach a high top end.  How many folks have been over 150mph here?  I have on many occasions, and while I have not been in a ZR1, I can tell you I was scared shitless in a 2005 Corvette and an early 2000's Viper well before 150mph.  Never been scared like that in a Porsche, Ferrari, or Lambo up to about 175mph, scared yes, shitting my pants like in the Vette or Viper, no.  

Disclaimer:  I will never be able to afford any of these cars, I just happen to work in a profession where my customers can.

i've been over 160 on my bike.

I've been to 160 with my brick. Your point is?
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice enough, but performance sucks compared to a lilter bike.

According to Wikipedia, the R1 is 2.4 seconds slower, with the GSX-R being even slower still.

throw a link in man!  

Doubt it, but if so put a full Akro exhaust and a Power Commander programmer on, for under $15k and smoke a $250k sports car.

...with a capable rider of course, no sports car can keep up with superbike. F1 cars can come close.

your talkin out your ass man. I ride, and I still say your talkin out your ass
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ETA: One time I had an interview to be sort of a student/counselor at a local summer music camp. They asked me in the interview, "if you had a limitless amount of money, what car would you drive?" They were VERY impressed when I said rolls royce. Most of my friends who didn't make it said 70s muscle cars.

Isnt it a gentleman is driven in a Rolls Royce, and drives a Bentley?

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very attractive car.

However, this costs 1/5 as much and is faster both around corners and in a straight line.[/url]

The ZR-1 iws $118K, the price of the 458 is not yet known, but expected to be in the $220 range (base). Thus, the Zr-1 is approximately 1/2 the price of the Ferrari 458.

But that is completely irrelevent, and so is the fact that the ZR-1 is faster and corners better. The ZR-1 is not dripping in high tech, 7 speed paddle shift, 9,000 RMP motor, ceramic brakes, nor wrapped in sumptuous leather or looks like sex on wheels..

well the brakes on the ZR1 are actually carbon/ceramic. and who care if the motor can rev to 9000. My bike rev's to 16000, so is it more high tech?  If Chevy can get that car going that fast without reving to 9000 then what are you proving???

as far as the interior, I would say that it doesnt look to shabby

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#9]
If I had the money to blow on a Ferrari I'd want one of these:

1961 Ferrari GT250 California
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The sound - it's beautiful!  Any street car that car redline in the 9000 range is pure win.  Granted you will be paying huge $$$ for the service costs but hey its an Italian supercar!  It would be like dating a stripper and not expecting a few issues down the road.

Vette's are great powerful American sports cars, but for the love of sweet baby Jesus design an interior that doesn't look like its from a baseline rental car!  Caddy did it right with the CTS-V - Power and style (interior & exterior) why can't GM's flagship marque do it too?

So much goodness out there at the momenet
Ferrari
Pagani
Koenigsegg
Lambo - Now that Audi is at the reigns
Porsche 911/GT3/GT2
Aston Martin
Ariel
Nissan GT-R (amazing car to drive)
Bugatti

hey, my sports car redlines at 9000 and maintenance is almost zero.  
however I bought it used for 15k and its made in japan; not quite as fast as those guys either.  
but it does redline at 9k.

Honda S2K? That is like a grown man's shifter cart, awesome

I have driven shifter carts in the past, and i can honestly say this car is the closest thing to it i have ever driven.  I love it.  needs more uumph tho.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I like these a lot:

I've driven a few and worked on them.  Fast, exclusive, incredibly expensive.  Looks much better in person than in pictures.

I drove one of these once and think very highly of it:

The black series is just an entirely different animal.  Even more full on race car than the SLR.

I'm anticipating a ride in one of these:

And if I had a limo I would consider this:

If I had to choose italian, I'd go for this:
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You are simi correct, But the F60 is Ferraris current F1 car. I only mentioned the F1 car because wheether you like it or not it is the highest end Ferrari. It was claimed on here that the ZR can beat the highest end Ferrari and i dont believe that. and people can buy and race the older F1 cars at the Factory.

Are you fucking retarded?

This thread really turned to shit.

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Italia is sweet looking for sure, but my dream car is still a Turbo 911

I like your style.

I've been driving the 'new' 911 Turbo for two years now and, in the real world, it is matchless. I can simply switch on the over boost, hit the sport settings, disable the traction control, power brake, rev it to 3K and launch. It has never lost in FL where I've faced every car you can name (X10)

I love the ZR's...they are strong and fast but in the hands of just about any driver of less then professional skill, they launch with an extremely narrow band of grip or smoke. Most smoke 'em while I'm spooling and leaving them. The rest 'feather' the throttle a little to much and its over before the hit 2nd.
Ferrari's won't even try me. Lambo's are dogs, Vipers...well they're strong and fast but shred tires like the Vette. That new Nissan? It's showing those times were 'coaxed' out of it...one mag found a showroom purchased one did 0-60 4.1 verses the advertised 3.4??? Which is consistent with what I've seen.

Oh and the Turbo has NEVER needed a repair. Its a daily driver....just sick performance with amazing reliability...amazing.

I'm afraid you need a new car

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/911turbo/usa.aspx

Not really. The 'new' Turbo, w/PDK transmission will be out in 2011. That's the next one. I've got a deposit down on one already (Since Feb.08).
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Italia sure does look like an interesting car. I can't wait to see Clarkson's review. I'm guessing he'll love it to bits.

As far as the discussion about different manufacturers go - I think there is more to cars than simple numbers. There is character, there is charisma. There is soul. And a certain social climate surrounds every marque. I have tremendous respect for the Corvette, but I find it simply vulgar and ostentatious. All Ferraris are garish, especially in red. Ughh. Lamborghini's are boorish, boisterous, vulgar and too new-money.

Gentlemen drive Jaguars and Aston Martins. These days, I'd lean more toward Jaguar.

And if you are truly genteel, you'll forget all about sporty cars and drive a nice sedan. Probably a Volkswagen Phaeton. There's an automobile with class. Not showy like a 7-series, not cliché like a S-class.

I got nothing to add....VW for FTMFW

I'll be in the "Library" if anyone needs me

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got nothing to add....VW for FTMFW

I'll be in the "Library" if anyone needs me

I've always had a thing for VWs and Audis until I talk to mechanics like Toiyabe66.

The Phaeton seems like it would be an incredible car.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice enough, but performance sucks compared to a lilter bike.

According to Wikipedia, the R1 is 2.4 seconds slower, with the GSX-R being even slower still.

throw a link in man!  

Doubt it, but if so put a full Akro exhaust and a Power Commander programmer on, for under $15k and smoke a $250k sports car.

...with a capable rider of course, no sports car can keep up with superbike. F1 cars can come close.

your talkin out your ass man. I ride, and I still say your talkin out your ass

That's an awesome opinion.

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Very attractive car.

However, this costs 1/5 as much and is faster both around corners and in a straight line.

http://www.carblog.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/corvette-zr1-detroit.jpg

And has the interior of a Cavelier
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very attractive car.

However, this costs 1/5 as much and is faster both around corners and in a straight line.

http://www.carblog.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/corvette-zr1-detroit.jpg

And has the interior of a Cavelier

If we're going to talk about GM interior quality, let's also talk about Ferrari reliability and maintenance.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 12:01:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I hope they make this

Lamborghini FTW
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 12:03:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I hope they make this

http://snag.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/lamborghini_embolado.jpg

Lamborghini FTW

I'll pwn that bitch

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top