Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2001 12:40:15 PM EDT
I must know for certain if there have been ANY crimes committed on U.S. soil, I don't care whats going on elsewhere, with ANY .50 Cal rifel, semi-auto or other wise.  The reason is b/c I have to write my state legislators and can't be full of crap.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
[URL]www.fcsa.org[/URL]

They would know.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember 1 for sure, guy killed a cop who was responding to a domestic or something.  Don't remember the particulars.  That's the only one I've ever heard of.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I must know for certain . . . b/c I have to write my state legislators and can't be full of crap.
View Quote

OH GREAT.  That means I can't write my state legislators!
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#4]
CIB is right.  One guy sniped a police officer from a hill with a 50 during some domestic dispute.  I believe he shot him through the door of the cruiser.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget WACO!
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
In Colorado, a husband shot his estranged wife, a grocery manger and a Jefferson County sheriff's deputy. He used an SKS in his crimes, but there was a build your own .50 cal in his car when they searched it. Technically he didn't use the .50 cal.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't forget WACO!
View Quote

That's actually the only incident that I remembered.  There was an article in Jessica Alba issue of Maxim ( I know thats not the most reliable source of info) about the use a a Barrett M82A1 against the ATF.  Its starts on Page 88 if you have that issue.  An agent hid behing an S10 Blazer and the M82 gunner started slicing up the truck.  According to the article it was used more for disabling vehicles than it was sniping agents.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I remember many, many years ago (like 20+) there was an armored car held up with a M2 .50 Browning.  They had stolen the gun from the National Guard.  Then they set it up in the back of a van.  They waited for the armored car, which had to pass through an alley in order to reach the street from it's previous pick-up.  They simply pulled up infont of the armored car with the rear facing the target.  The driver recognized it for what it was and the guards bailed out of the vehicle.  Not a shot was fired, but the bad guys emptied the armored car and put it all in a second vehicle.  They left the .50 and the van (which had been stolen) behind at the scene.  I don't recall if anyone was ever arrested.  

Not really what you were after, since the .50 was stolen GI property in the first place, but it's still one hell of a story after all these years.

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top