Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/31/2009 7:01:06 PM EDT
She hasn't been in a while, so I figured that I would take her on a short "New Pistol Function Check" shoot. I think that she had a good time. I was there mainly to test-fire a newly purchased Beretta 92FS INOX and test fire some hollow points through both the Beretta and my Glock 17. I'm glad that I also brought my AR...she was scared of it....'cause it was so loud.   But after I PROMISED her that it really didn't have much of a recoil to it...she was having a blast.
Thought that I would share a few pics with the hive.

Shooting the Glock

Brass flying

Can you hit that, Honey? It's pretty far away for a handgun...

Nice shot. Why...yes, I will take out the trash tonight.

Trying out the AR

My new desktop background

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Pure 100% WIN
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice pics. Looks like a sweet place to shoot too

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice Shooting :)

It looks good day to spend with the wife ..
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought you said you took her shooting?

I'm looking hard, but just can't seem to see the guns.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#5]
u play connect te dots with her freckles...dont you

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#6]
what are you guys shooting at?  the berm in general?

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
what are you guys shooting at?  the berm in general?

There was a box on the ground that we were using as an aiming point. Look at the two pictures of her shooting downrange with the Glock....you'll see a small puff of dust on the second picture at the box that she was shooting at.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Will someone please tell her her bra strap is twisted?!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know what her experience level is but you should work on her stance.

hell, at least she's out shooting though, good on you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#10]
good grief, what is that...like 50-60 yards?  with a handgun?
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Wife is beautiful.

Guns are beautiful.

Scenery is beautiful.

I give you 9.8/10 for this dinner pic.
-.2 for no blade and no tape measure.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I loled
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#14]
God Bless America!!!

Nice bride and nice pics.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]
very cool!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice pics. Looks like a sweet place to shoot too

seriously
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Browns camp looks pretty good. But your wife is looking pretty hot. I still need to get my wife out shooting. See ya around.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:41:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Why do women lean WAY back like that?
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I really have no idea....
I'll get her stance correct another time. I was actually just thrilled that she was there today.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll get her stance correct another time. I was actually just thrilled that she was there today.

lack of upper body strength. mostly in the shoulders and chest and lower back. remember, women are made to hold babies close to the body, not tools out away from the body. it can be worked around but it will take patience and discipline.

you'll see when you start to work on it, she will have a tough time holding the gun up for any length of time.

shooting involves many aspects of physical fitness to do well. it's not all about the fundamentals ( to shoot well).
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not just her.

They ALL do it!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not just her.

They ALL do it!

not all of them

to the OP: nice pics, looks like you had a good time. I agree that her shooting stance could use some work, with some instruction and practice, she'll certainly get better.

(ps...any chances of a BOTD thread?)
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not just her.

They ALL do it!

It's an upperbody strength thing.    
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Is that a drug deal going down or a solicitation in the back round?
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Is that a drug deal going down or a solicitation in the back round?

Just a couple of other shooters....all was well today. Hot as hell, but all was well.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not just her.

They ALL do it!

It's an upperbody strength thing.    

I always thought it was more a fear thing. When I first started taking my GF shooting she did this until she was more comfortable with guns, and now has no problem shooting properly. Likewise, when I've taken male friends shooting, who've never really been around guns, they sometimes tend to do the same thing. YMMV.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lack of upper body strength. mostly in the shoulders and chest and lower back. remember, women are made to hold babies close to the body, not tools out away from the body. it can be worked around but it will take patience and discipline.

you'll see when you start to work on it, she will have a tough time holding the gun up for any length of time.

shooting involves many aspects of physical fitness to do well. it's not all about the fundamentals ( to shoot well).
My take on it is that women don't want any thing to hit their face, and so they try to hold the gun as far away as possible.

Intelguy01: Yep, you need to teach your wife to lean forward a bit, otherwise the recoil of even the lowly 9mm will really rock her.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Here's one where the lean was a bit less pronounced. Yes, she has potential.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Sorry....I think I may have done that on the drive up there....not her fault.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
good grief, what is that...like 50-60 yards?  with a handgun?

Yeah, at least 50 yards..she was popping the box most of the time...her misses were in the 8 to 12 inch average and mostly high shots (expected from a Glock). She was actually amazing with that G-17. She was even better with the AR....I wouldn't mess with her unless she was smiling. I'm very proud of her.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:36:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not just her.

They ALL do it!

not all of them

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/zack3gpics/range/810c842c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/zack3gpics/range/16558565.jpg

to the OP: nice pics, looks like you had a good time. I agree that her shooting stance could use some work, with some instruction and practice, she'll certainly get better.

(ps...any chances of a BOTD thread?)

I doubt it, but i may let you see her with her hair down. YOWZA!
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:43:55 AM EDT
[#32]
You found a cute girl to go shooting with and married her... You win!

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:46:29 AM EDT
[#33]
[south park cop] Niiice! [/south park cop]

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:42:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:53:51 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I always thought it was more a fear thing. When I first started taking my GF shooting she did this until she was more comfortable with guns, and now has no problem shooting properly. Likewise, when I've taken male friends shooting, who've never really been around guns, they sometimes tend to do the same thing. YMMV.

Our legs are stronger than our arms and our center of gravity is different. Some women automatically lean back when they are holding something heavy and/or awkward. It's a good way to blow out your back but they still do it. Hell, I am aware of it and often have to remind myself to lean forward before I shoot/lift. I've done enough work lifting heavy loads that I learned this before I started shooting fortunately.

Just go over her stance with her and cue her if she forgets, OP. Agree that all you have to do is say Forward or something simple so she doesn't get annoyed with you going on and on at her about it.

Looks like she had fun, though.
How does she do? I shoot a tighter group than the SO with the rifle but he kicks my ass with our handgns.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:54:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry....I think I may have done that on the drive up there....not her fault.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:19:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Lack of experience,,,think of carrying a heavy object, say a 5 gallon bucket full of water.
How do you carry it? To some extent you lean away from the "burden" if it is very heavy especially if your not easily able to carry it.

Women are doing the same thing with a firearm.
They believe it is heavy, thus they lean way to "counter-balance" the "burden" in their grip.

Once they learn that they are not really that heavy, this "lean away" corrects itself. I've seen new "guy" shooters do this as well, not just women.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:20:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Isn't that stock a little long?  It is resting on her arm instead of in her shoulder pocket...  Too long of a stock will force her to have to lean to accommodate the extra length.  Shorted it up for her, have it placed correctly in her pocket, and her stance should improve.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:01:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks like a very nice time.....lucky fellow.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#41]
This thread needs more nekkedness  Why didn't Sammi do any shooting?  If you get her started now, she won't have that leaning problem!
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This thread needs more nekkedness  Why didn't Sammi do any shooting?  If you get her started now, she won't have that leaning problem!

LOL.....Nakkedness. Tim??? Talk to the wife. You have my blessing.
Just make sure that you duck as soon as you're finished asking. <––-Tim after asking for naked pics of the wife.

Sammy was sleeping, or I would have had a pic of her holding the AR. (GREAT suggestion, by the way).
Hey....if you see this, my cell is dead...talking to Mom = Dead cell battery. Charging now....I'll call you soon, Bro....heading to Bi-Mart for ammo depression.
Edit: Ignor my spelling....been drinking whiskey and the wife is um....err....you know....snuggly. (You know how she gets). She rocks!
Edit x 2...Tim, did you see what she did with the Glock in that second pic?!? Geezus! She was hitting like that the whole time. (I need lessons from her)! I need to order her an "Arfcom Goddess" tank top. What say you, Hive? Tank top ?
Edit x 3 to the Hive....Tim is my non-DNA BROTHER.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I saw 2.....concealed.

Nice pics, I hope to get my girl some trigger time, but so far, she won't go past loading mags.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#44]
IN on one!!!!!!

Why is she standing like that with the rifle????
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Congrats!

It looks like she is having a blast!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
IN on one!!!!!!

Why is she standing like that with the rifle????

We had a talk after the shoot about her feeling comfortable with the rifle....it seems that she needs to shoot it off her LEFT arm. I'm an idiot...I didn't even consider that she shoots a rifle like I do...lefty.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Love the avatar, actually saw that car last night in St. Louis.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#48]
8/10

Should have been a 10/10 but the infamous and common, "chick lean back stance"  brought down the score...

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Yep. She's hot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I gave her the Glock this evening.

No really...the GLOCK.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top