Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Posted: 7/21/2009 5:21:50 PM EDT
So me and some friends went to hooters in memphis tn.  In case you are unfamiliar, Hooters is a "seat yourself" resteraunt most of the time. So me and the guys I'm with seat ourselves and just wait and see which one of the eyecandy waitress's would be serving us. To my horror the waitress who's section we had sat in appeared to be at least 8 months pregnant. i told her that if this was Craker Barrel I wouldn't have batted an eye, and probably left a sizable tip, But this being Hooters I would prefer another waitress. That is almost verbatim what was said. She then started crying and left the table,  a minute or so later the manager came out and asked us to leave. That is when me and my buddies went into what I call uber jackass mode and got really rude about the fact the we were being asked to leave hooters beacause we didnt want to get served by an expectant mother, as we were walking out of course because we would comply with the buisness's wishs.  Yes we were loud and yes there may have been a few obscenities uttered.  

But the question I put to general disscussion, Was I wrong at the begining for wanting a new waitress?  I lean heavily toward saying no, because of the nature of the resteraunt.  I think resteraunt management should have seen this coming and avoided the situation by placing her in the kitchen or maybe behind the t-shirt counter.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
No one goes to Hooters for wings.....
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#2]
uber jackass

This.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Tact would have been a little helpful but eh....it is Hooters.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Well...if she was 8 months, she probably did have some big hooters.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Not accounting for taste, I think you were justified.  Maybe next time you could ask the manager after politely explaining your reasoning.

Funny you should bring this up though.  I've seen plenty of preggars waitresses there too.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Ide say you were being a bit of a dick doing that.

Secondly, it is Hooters and I am surprised that the girl was not placed on hiatus during her pregnancy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know if I can condone your actions, but if I went to a strip club and all the topless chicks were pregnant, I'd be pissed. But some guys pay extra for that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I hooked up with a hooters girl last year while I was taking summer classes at the local community college. It was on the roof of the parking garage in between classes. Very hot. Thats my only hooters experience, Ive never been to the restaurant.

EDIT

I just read your post, and you are a fucking dick. Youre probably one of those guys who goes to hooters thinking you can land one of the girls there, arent ya? You get mad when you get a preggy?
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#9]
You were an ass.
But, that's what the situation called for.

Good show!
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
uber jackass

This.

+1

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Well...if she was 8 months, she probably did have some big hooters.  

Did you order milk?

My response would depend on when and where I was eating. Spring break Panama City Beach after a long day of drinking, I would say something. Going out with guys from work, probably not.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Would you have asked for a different Hooters girl if her tits weren't big enough?

I've been to many a Hooters, some times my server was ugly, sometimes NO TITS (go figure), and sometimes they were exactly what I wanted.

I think you came out an asshole on this one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#13]
While I understand the part about wanting some eye candy, I do think you were a little cruel in your comments.

But the fact that you are doing some soul searching here shows that you are a good person.

Just try to consider the feelings of others next time.  Perhaps there was a more tactful way to ask for a new waitress - maybe asking for a different table might have done the trick?
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
uber jackass

This.

That.

If you really want to see tits, go to a strip club.

I realize what hooters is (my cousin worked at one, and if SHE had waited on you, trust me, you would have gotten your eyes FULL of some 36DDD––no  kidding) but come on man, you can still look at the other girls.

GR
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You were an ass.

But, that's what the situation called for.

Good show!

I agree. In any other circumstance, the OP would be considered an ass no matter how you looked at it. But at hooters? If she doesn't look attractive, then why does she still work there?

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#16]
It was a dick move, but it was a justified dick move.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Out of curiosity, how did you feel making a pregnant woman cry? Did it make you smile? Give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside?
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Tact would have been a little helpful but eh....it is Hooters.

this
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#19]
My waitress/bartender thinks you're an asshole.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Pics or GTFO. Here ya go.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I might have been disappointed had this happened to me, but I wouldn't have said anything to the waitress. Most of the time the girls there aren't incredibly attractive anyway.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I,for one, would enjoy that.  Preggies are hawt!
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Out of curiosity, how did you feel making a pregnant woman cry? Did it make you smile? Give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside?

This.  It takes a real man to make sport of pregnant women.....

ETA OP-This thread isn't going quite like you hoped is it?
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Funny you should bring this up though.  I've seen plenty of preggars waitresses there too.

well considering most of the waitresses are one step above stripping is it any surprise

the food sucks there and if we want to see hot chicks here we take a 30 minute drive to canada to see the ballet
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

IMO, this really has nothing to do with anything as he was not out purposely seeking a fight or to get his rocks off by making pregnant women cry.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#25]
The OP needs to POST PICS OF HIMSELF.

GR
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#26]
She works at Hooters. It's not like they test their employees' ability to have deep and meaningful conversations with patrons. Guys go there to see tits and ass. She shouldn't really expect to be treated like a queen when shes ready to pop out some little brat. On a side note, I bet that child will grow up in a loving and caring home with a healthy view of women.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#27]

You're rude.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

GR

Heh.

Nice move.

Dare ya OP.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey, on the upside, you KNOW she DOES IT!

No she shouldn't have been out on thefloor, but double no, you shouldn't have been an ass.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Would you have asked for a different Hooters girl if her tits weren't big enough?

I've been to many a Hooters, some times my server was ugly, sometimes NO TITS (go figure), and sometimes they were exactly what I wanted.

I think you came out an asshole on this one.

I concur.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm usually an uber asshole in public, and even that move would be a bit much for me
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Actually that is the only reason that I have doubted my actions.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes, you were a jackass.
But don't worry, in this life, what goes around comes around.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#34]
They asked for it:

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#35]
UT fan...

Explains everything
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#36]
I'd take the 8 month pregnant hot chick any day over the indeterminate tranny looking broad that last served me at Hooters.
It's not like you can't look at all of the other T&A walking around constantly.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#37]
I voted "asshole" because of the tactless way you handled the situation.  Making a girl cry is nothing to be proud of.  You should not have said anything to the waitress.  If you had gone to the manager quietly and requested another waitress, I'm sure he would have accomodated you.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually that is the only reason that I have doubted my actions.

Well, like someone already said.  The thoughts you are having by posting this indicate you are not Satan himself

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hell it isnt. I already knew I was an asshole. And more often than not I am in this exact situation––- Being a dick but also being correct.  Most of the posters have said as much. i guess I get the overall impression that Arfcom agrees that prego chick shouldn't be working a hooters, but that i could have been a pansy ass polite guy and handled it a little differently.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#40]
double tap
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Do you think she wanted to be there?  I think you need a pop in the chops.<––––––-you<––––––-me

just kidding pretty funny story only because I know how sensitive preggers are.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Hooter's= Half-assed restaurant trying to be strip club serving overpriced shitty food. End of thread.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Man I posted earlier but I just cant get over what a dick move this was. I'll speak my mind in most any situation but I dont even think I would have thought about going to the manager and asking for a different waitress, even if it was done privately. The fact that you made such a big deal about the appearance of your waitress makes you look like a classless, ogling loser. That poor chick probably got knocked up by her boyfriend who ditched her, and now she is gonna support the kid on her own. Hope you feel like a gaping asshole, because I dont see any other way to view your actions.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
uber jackass

This.

+1

+2.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

GR

Hey I'm not the one who got hired at freaking Hooters. Like it or not, It is what it is, A resteraunt that men go to to have HOT chicks bring them food. and BTW Flamesuit on cause here I am.  the beard is about 2 inchs longer now.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#46]
You could have moved to a different section.  Seating changes are done all the time in the restaurant world.

You, sir were an asshole.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

an 8 month pregnant woman is a festering bowl of emotions, she was going to cry about something anyways.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hell it isnt. I already knew I was an asshole. And more often than not I am in this exact situation––- Being a dick but also being correct.  Most of the posters have said as much. i guess I get the overall impression that Arfcom agrees that prego chick shouldn't be working a hooters, but that i could have been a pansy ass polite guy and handled it a little differently.

You admit you're an asshole, I respect that. I just don't think that was a proper way to treat a woman. From your posts I believe you don't either. At least you admit to it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Respect thy waitress at Hooters or get kicked the hell out.  Hooters is really just a restaurant, despite the fact that they hire attractive workers.  They have a kids menu.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#50]
If she wanted to work while she was pregnant at a hooters they should have put her ass in the back out of sight.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top