Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2001 3:58:30 AM EDT
Dear Senator Feinstein,

I am writing you in opposition to your bill, S.505, which would amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to regulate .50 caliber long-range target rifles. As a long-range target shooter and sportsman, I have researched this issue and discovered there has never been a case where rifles of this caliber were used in criminal activities. You assertion that these rifles “…present a serious and substantial threat to the national security” is absurd. With the current proliferation of biological, chemical, and nuclear weapons, I fail to see how small-arms, even of .50 caliber, can threaten our national security. S.505 is a solution in search of a problem.

Furthermore, your continual attacks on the Peoples' right to keep and bear arms only serves to alienate members of your own party, many of which are target shooters, hunters, and sportsmen like myself. In a rare moment of unprecedented candor and honesty, President Clinton admitted that Vice President Al Gore lost the White House due to his stance on gun control.  

My question to you is this: Who are you trying to protect? Are you really interested in making the world a safer place? How can you accomplish this goal if only criminals and the police are armed? I fear all your years in office, from Mayor of San Francisco to the US Senate, have caused you to lose touch with reality. The world is not is safe place. The people are not afforded the luxury of 24-hour armed bodyguards, as are individuals in your position. Why would you deny us our right to self-defense?
View Quote

Think it will make any difference? I doubt it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 4:46:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Please post the reply, if you get one.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 4:52:23 AM EDT
[#2]
mattja,
if enough people send enough letters with the same thoughts, i dont see why it WOULDN'T make a difference. i particularly like your last couple of lines. reminds me of another marching mother with that so-so afternoon tv show. you know, the fat one.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 5:18:30 AM EDT
[#3]
If I get a response I'll post it.

I wrote her a way’s back urging that she confirm Ashcroft, and they sent me back a form letter stating Ashcroft is "ultra-right wing" and "divisive" and will not have her support. She’s an embarrassment to this state.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Mattja;

You would be wrong [:O].  There were some Cuban-American expats that were caught in the Carribean somewhere with a .50 cal, ammo, plans for Fidel Castro's travels, etc.

The link is here:  [url]cnn.org/WORLD/americas/9808/25/castro.plot/[/url]

NOW, while some may argue that shooting Castro would not actually be a crime in the grand scheme of things, the fact remains that they were

1) Busted

2) For a crime

3) Centered around, and

4) In possession of

5) Two .50 caliber "sniper rifles" for the purposes of SNIPING.

So, as stupid and pretextual as her bill is, it is not without factual foundation.  Next time, please run your letters by us so we can help!

Cible
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe their was one incident were some people robbing an armored truck used a .50, those are the only 'details' I remember.  If you get a response, it will be some load of liberal crap. People like Fineswine, Boxer, Shumer and the like do not care about us at all, they are dishonest (putting it lightly) and will do anything to promote their agenda.  [b] They have NO shame [/b]
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#6]
If she did honestly reply it would go something like this:

[b]Dear Mattja,

I really don't care about what you think.  Over the years I have found that facts just get in the way of what I really want to accomplish.   The reason I have guards and you don't is because I am worth something and you are worthless!  So go back to your little job and keep sending me those tax dollars.  I have many more plans to control your life and need all the money I can get.

Your Ruler
Diane Fienswine[/b]

And that's the f*&^ing truth!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Dear Serf,
As a member of the anointed I have given all of you the exalted title BOHICA citizen. You should cary this title with great honor and increase your contributions to my never ending campaign. Now go away.

Queen Feinstein,
Ruller of maggots

B bend
O over
H here
I it
C comes
A again
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#8]
mattja,

Great letter.  I have little faith that the few of us who take the time to thoughtfully write our representatives (I'm a closet letter writer myself) make any real impact.  The only thing I know for sure is that I personally feel better afterwards.

Excuse me for a little nitpicking (it's one of my bad character traits, but at least I don't speak French), but whether or not a .50 caliber target rifle (or any other object) has ever been used to commit a crime is totally immaterial to the point.  Hammers have been used to maim and kill.  Rope is used to lynch and commit suicide.  Screwdrivers are commonly used to threaten, attack and kill.  The issue is not that a particular item CAN kill or even that it HAS killed but that it does not commit any crimes by itself.  It is a tool used for sport or recreation or just plain fun.  

Politicians would be on firmer footing registering and controling ice picks because at least there is no specific Constitutional prohibition protecting a citizen's right to chop large chunks of frozen water into smaller pieces using sharply pointed metal picks.

This is NOT a flame in any way.  I respect you greatly for taking the time to make your concerns known to people that can make a difference.  If more of us would positively and spontaneously express our feelings to elected officials (start patriotic music here) ... who knows, it would at least relieve some stress and maybe give pause.

I know that we CAN join the NRA and support with our TIME and MONEY local and national figures who think as we do.  Apathy is the real culprit.  The price of freedom may be high, but the cost of tyranny is incalcuable.

Liberals:  THREAT or MENACE?    Your choice.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#9]
HA HA HA HA HA!

Quoted:
If she did honestly reply it would go something like this:

[b]Dear Mattja,

I really don't care about what you think.  Over the years I have found that facts just get in the way of what I really want to accomplish.   The reason I have guards and you don't is because I am worth something and you are worthless!  So go back to your little job and keep sending me those tax dollars.  I have many more plans to control your life and need all the money I can get.

Your [red]"Benevolent"[/red] Ruler
Diane Fienswine[/b]

And that's the f*&^ing truth!!!!!
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I wrote a letter to the other commie senator from kalifornia barbara boxer, about her stupid bill that would ban "saturday night specials". All I got back was a form letter. The only people in feinstein's and boxer's offices that ever see pro-2nd amendment letters are their interns and the trashman, in that order. You have more chance at trying to get Jesse Jackson to join the KKK than you have getting the kali-kommies to change their minds.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Good job. I sent a letter yesterday to her. If everyone would do this it would annoy her eventually.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good job. I sent a letter yesterday to her. If everyone would do this it would annoy her eventually.
View Quote

I doubt it.  we mean nothing to these people.  You are under the false impression that they represent us and are desires.  You are wrong, they only care about their agenda and their needs.  [b]We do not matter!![/b]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#13]
That's a good letter.  I believe we can all agree that the Swine can NEVER be persuaded to change her mind.

I would be highly recommended that you address the letter to each senator, since a majority of them would have to vote yes for this bill.

Link Posted: 3/15/2001 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#14]
You're probably going to get the same or similar form letter that I got from that Biotch. A generic, "I don't care what you think or what your facts are crap" and maybe a propaganda quote from HCI at the end as a final "F - you very much".

I commend you for trying, we all have just keep chipping away at them until they are gone.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 4:10:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I doubt it will do any good, but at least I had the pleasure of annoying a couple of lacky interns. Maybe if she received 100 letters it would have more of an impact. I addressed the letter to her as she authored the bill.

Cible, I saw the Cuban-American story during my initial research but since it did not take place on American soil, I didn't consider it when writing my letter.

But I totally missed the armored truck story SNIPERm88 mentioned.

nysteve, I totally agree with you. I was just trying to add some facts to the letter.

In my mind, the reason they're jumping on the .50 bandwagon as of late is because suddenly they see a threat to THEIR security. They could give a shit less about us.

[url]http://www.frenchu.com/gun/guns_50cal.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I love Di Fie specially the story I heard about her at some state dinner when reaching for her handbag that had slipped from the arm of her chair her purse opened up and her 380 fell out.......pretty embarassing ....
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#17]
mattja + Cible= OOPS THERE IT IS!

This Bill should be retitled to reflect its
true purpose.
" A BILL TO PROHIBIT THE ASSASINATION OF THE
COMMUNIST DICTATOR FIDEL CASTRO BY THE USE OF
OF A .50 BMG RIFLE."

SPONSERED BY FELLOW COMMUNIST SEN. D. FEINSTEIN
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Mattja;

Don't forget what happened with .50s in Canada.  Somebody whispered to the Canadian President or PM (I forget which) that .50s are long-range sniper weapons for political assasinations, and *blink* they were banned in Canada.  There is no doubt in my mind that such a situation, and the Castro attempt, coupled with the piece on .50s in the NYT magazine a month or so ago are responsible for her fear.

As to annoying her lackeys, good luck.  It can't be too easy to annoy mindless drones incapable of indepenent thought, but we have to try, don't we?

I once wrote her asking for help.  Her office quickly contacted the agency in question, which then read me the riot act.  I doubt it was at her instruction, but it still left the bitter taste of bile to be associated with her name forever as far as I am concerned.

FWIW I didn't know about the armored car thing either.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#19]
mattja,

Good Job on your letter.

Moose
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks Moose. I'm probably on the FBI list like that poor guy on TFL.

It looks like the spin doctors are in full force now. We have Dateline visiting Barrett, articles appearing in the newspapers and magazines, blah, blah, blah. I found a report on the web, supposedly authored by the GAO, that characterized members of the .50 caliber shooter's association as "wannabe snipers" and people of questionable loyalty. They also mentioned that sniper web site (I forget the name). The Feds are doing some major trolling as of late. I had hoped Ashcroft would put an end to the spin. It looks like he isn't.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#21]
You know they are getting desperate because they aren't using "its for da chilrun" anymore, but "threat to national security" instead.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#22]
You're right Imbrog|io. Isn't it the NSA who uses that "national security" line all the time? When they start saying "threat to national security", you know they have no grounds for what they're doing. That's how they keep the press in the dark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top