Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:48:24 AM EDT
What is this?  A day or week long special?

ETA link:  http://www.drudgereport.com/flashaot.htm

ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA; NEWS TO BE ANCHORED FROM INSIDE WHITE HOUSE
Tue Jun 16 2009 08:45:10 ET

On the night of June 24, the media and government become one, when ABC turns its programming over to President Obama and White House officials to push government run health care –– a move that has ignited an ethical firestorm!

Highlights on the agenda:

ABCNEWS anchor Charlie Gibson will deliver WORLD NEWS from the Blue Room of the White House.

The network plans a primetime special –– 'Prescription for America' –– originating from the East Room, exclude opposing voices on the debate.

MORE

Late Monday night, Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Ken McKay fired off a complaint to the head of ABCNEWS:

Dear Mr. Westin:

As the national debate on health care reform intensifies, I am deeply concerned and disappointed with ABC's astonishing decision to exclude opposing voices on this critical issue on June 24, 2009. Next Wednesday, ABC News will air a primetime health care reform “town hall” at the White House with President Barack Obama. In addition, according to an ABC News report, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, WORLD NEWS, NIGHTLINE and ABC’s web news “will all feature special programming on the president’s health care agenda.” This does not include the promotion, over the next 9 days, the president’s health care agenda will receive on ABC News programming.

Today, the Republican National Committee requested an opportunity to add our Party's views to those of the President's to ensure that all sides of the health care reform debate are presented. Our request was rejected. I believe that the President should have the ability to speak directly to the America people. However, I find it outrageous that ABC would prohibit our Party's opposing thoughts and ideas from this national debate, which affects millions of ABC viewers.

In the absence of opposition, I am concerned this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda. If that is the case, this primetime infomercial should be paid for out of the DNC coffers. President Obama does not hold a monopoly on health care reform ideas or on free airtime. The President has stated time and time again that he wants a bipartisan debate. Therefore, the Republican Party should be included in this primetime event, or the DNC should pay for your airtime.

Respectfully,
Ken McKay
Republican National Committee
Chief of Staff

Developing...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:49:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

WTF????
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:50:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF????

Look at top of the page on Drudge
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Of one thing you can be sure: It will be a "historic win" for Obama.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:50:43 AM EDT
[#4]
1.)
4.)
3.)
4.) Profit

I have no idea what 1-3 may be.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:50:53 AM EDT
[#5]
It is almost time
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:53:27 AM EDT
[#6]
May I have your attention please!
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:54:13 AM EDT
[#7]
They're doing him a solid with a big-ass White House universal health care special: Link

I don't know if the headline refers to that or if he's returning the favor somehow.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:55:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Imagine the uproar if Fox news did this during the Bush years.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:55:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

They're doing him a solid with a big-ass White House universal health care special: Link

I don't know if the headline refers to that or if he's returning the favor somehow.

And the fucking idiot sheeple will eat it up.

ZOMG ITS FREE!!!111

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:56:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF????

Look at top of the page on Drudge

I just checked it out, what and the fuck is going on over there?  Why?

ETA

Looks like Obama and ABC are going to push a national health insurance scam...  FUCK
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:58:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It is almost time

Seems like it is.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:59:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link updated.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:00:00 AM EDT
[#13]
the chair is agains't the wall
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:00:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is almost time

Seems like it is.

Fingers crossed.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:00:55 AM EDT
[#15]
ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA; NEWS TO BE ANCHORED FROM INSIDE WHITE HOUSE
Tue Jun 16 2009 08:45:10 ET

On the night of June 24, the media and government become one, when ABC turns its programming over to President Obama and White House officials to push government run health care –– a move that has ignited an ethical firestorm!

Highlights on the agenda:

ABCNEWS anchor Charlie Gibson will deliver WORLD NEWS from the Blue Room of the White House.

The network plans a primetime special –– 'Prescription for America' –– originating from the East Room, exclude opposing voices on the debate.

MORE

Late Monday night, Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Ken McKay fired off a complaint to the head of ABCNEWS:

Dear Mr. Westin:

As the national debate on health care reform intensifies, I am deeply concerned and disappointed with ABC's astonishing decision to exclude opposing voices on this critical issue on June 24, 2009. Next Wednesday, ABC News will air a primetime health care reform “town hall” at the White House with President Barack Obama. In addition, according to an ABC News report, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, WORLD NEWS, NIGHTLINE and ABC’s web news “will all feature special programming on the president’s health care agenda.” This does not include the promotion, over the next 9 days, the president’s health care agenda will receive on ABC News programming.

Today, the Republican National Committee requested an opportunity to add our Party's views to those of the President's to ensure that all sides of the health care reform debate are presented. Our request was rejected. I believe that the President should have the ability to speak directly to the America people. However, I find it outrageous that ABC would prohibit our Party's opposing thoughts and ideas from this national debate, which affects millions of ABC viewers.

In the absence of opposition, I am concerned this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda. If that is the case, this primetime infomercial should be paid for out of the DNC coffers. President Obama does not hold a monopoly on health care reform ideas or on free airtime. The President has stated time and time again that he wants a bipartisan debate. Therefore, the Republican Party should be included in this primetime event, or the DNC should pay for your airtime.

Respectfully,
Ken McKay
Republican National Committee
Chief of Staff

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#16]
doubletap
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:01:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

John's mustache is draggin on the fuckin ground!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:03:15 AM EDT
[#18]
You know, Rush Limbaugh, not two weeks ago starting calling the MSM "the government media", he once again called it.

This is propaganda!  The media, instead of just reporting news and facts, are editorializing.  They are trying to purposely shape our views, thoughts and opinions.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:04:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Rush has had it right all along..........................

STATE RUN MEDIA

Lock and load.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:05:09 AM EDT
[#20]
The mainstream media should be called the ministry of propaganda for the Leftist Democrats.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:07:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok, lets see, government takes over banks, then insurance companies, the car manufacturing, now media, and now wants health care.  Gee, let me see.  In the past, these actions were similar to some other countries.  OH YEAH!  Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, China, Vietnam, Venezuela, Cuba and half of eastern Europe.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:07:13 AM EDT
[#22]
the new amerikan provda comrades!! nothing to see here , move along , follow your assigned colored line to the appropriate cattle car , no pushing or shoving , plenty of room at camp happy for all of you!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:09:31 AM EDT
[#23]
See, we don't have to beat North Korea, we'll just join them

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:10:20 AM EDT
[#24]
<Removed. Please refrain from epithets for humor sake. -NorCal>
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:10:45 AM EDT
[#25]
There is a whole lot of WTF in this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:12:11 AM EDT
[#26]
I am about to be physically fucking ill. I honestly have never ready anything like this that literally made me want to vomit. Until now.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:12:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Frm the thread title I half expected a link to The Onion. All I can say is... WTF!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#28]
fuckin surreal ............
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:13:00 AM EDT
[#29]
America is becoming insane.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:14:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Are we all going to have to hang a picture of Obama in our houses next and call him dear leader?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:15:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Are they going to air Chinless Charlie sucking off the TOTUS?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:15:18 AM EDT
[#32]
this will not end well. if obongo gets his way, health care will be destroyed. I talked to a friend yesterday who is much older than I am and jokingly i told him if this idiots plan goes through i hope he doesn't get sick cause your gonna die a horrible death. In earshot was a obongo supporter who said "how could you say such a terrible thing?". Well we both lit into her with facts and figures and her response was "OMG, I had no idea. where do you get information like this?" fuck, we are so screwed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:15:18 AM EDT
[#33]
The streets of the U.S. will look like Iran's in no time at all.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:15:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

John's mustache is draggin on the fuckin ground!

Hell....If folks don't wake up soon...

Wounds my heart with a monotonous languor.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:15:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Well, I never watch the local stations anyway...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:17:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Are they going to air Chinless Charlie sucking off the TOTUS?

No, but I wonder if Obama will make him bow.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:17:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:19:44 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Well, I never watch the local stations anyway...

but thousands do

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:20:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Goddamn Communists.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#40]
It's not health care.

It's people control.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:24:19 AM EDT
[#41]
In regards to the thread "What are you doing for the 4th of July," I checked out the consulate homepage just to see if anything was planned.  I ended up just browsing around and noticed under the Jobs section that it asks for your political and philosophical beliefs to be included in the application...  I do not remember that under the previous president.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:25:22 AM EDT
[#42]
So, can we start the revolution now...? or should we wait just a little bit longer...?    
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:25:22 AM EDT
[#43]
I guess shutting down "renegade media" won't be far behind.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:25:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The streets of the U.S. will look like Iran's in no time at all.

We're too fucking lazy to get out in the streets and protest.  It's too hot and American Idol reruns are on.  Besides, if it were being held during the day, we would have to work.  You know, we have taxes to pay.  We can't get behind.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:26:53 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:27:28 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:28:10 AM EDT
[#47]
PRAVDA
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:31:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
America is becoming insane.

Quoted:
PRAVDABC

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:31:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top