Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 6/10/2009 8:00:38 AM EDT
LINK to original thread HERE

The opening post from the original thread , September 29th, 2008.........
Quoted:
Based on the current situation many think there will be an economic collapse.

So, how much time from today (1 month, 3 months, 6 months, a year) has to pass before you will admit there was no economic collapse from the current situation?

And no you can't say 20 years.  WAY to many things will happen between now and then and the current problem will be as out of mind as the early 70's gas shortages.

Please......to keep things in their proper perspective..
*** DATE STAMP any quotes from old thread ***

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:03:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We'll see.

Quoted:
Quoted:
People asked what when I would admit collapse, worse than 1930's, is it for me.  

Yeah..........Id say when it gets much worse than the 'Great Depression' of the 30s, we could call it a collapse.

Not a total collapse.........but a collapse.

And I see it happening this coming spring/summer.

From November 24th ,2008

I still think we will see the numbers get worse than the 'Great Depression of the 30's' this summer.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#2]
mercy post.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]
In on one of Part two.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#4]
So are we still holding out hope that there will be no collapse so that the "it's the media's fault" crowd of 2008 can say "I told you so?"
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So are we still holding out hope that there will be no collapse so that the "it's the media's fault" crowd of 2008 can say "I told you so?"

While that would be nice.........and I'd have no complaints...........I dont see this problem getting any better before it gets MUCH worse.

I would gladly eat crow if it would just fizzle out and go away

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I would much prefer to be paranoid and wrong on this one. Once we start thinking it can't happen, that is exactly when it could!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Lots of cards are still in the process of falling , they just have not hit the floor yet.

( In one one of the second part)
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, the Russians started buying IMF debt instead of ours today.  Granted they weren't our biggest buyer, but they still had something around 150 Billion USD.  The IMF debt is comprised of about 44% USD (so they are only lessening their risk).

I think that the Russians would rather see the Chinese get hurt rather than the US.  The best way to hurt the Chinese, I think, would be to hurt our economy.  We're doing it ourselves anyway, the Russians are just playing along.  A really strong China is not in Russia's best interest.

The local economy here is still doing pretty well, but theft is up (I don't know if it is above yearly average though).  

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#9]
In on one...collapse will come
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#10]
WOW, this thread went to a second installment?

OH, and in on one (part 2)!
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In on one...collapse will come

18 months max
in on 1 also
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#12]
does anyone care that we have two prominent private sector time bombs waiting to explode?

CMBS

and

RMBS ARM resets.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#13]
ahh...

eta

For my post 600 I'm going with collapse by Christmass or sooner.

I'lll take bacon, beans, bullets and band-aids for $100 please.

eta

I didn't want to be the first one to post Karl but since no one else did:

The Fed: Bankrupt

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#14]
in on part 2 and in on 1

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#16]
The real question is, when will the inflation begin?  How soon will we get into hyperinflation?

None of what we are seeing is Libtard stupidity or ignorance.  We are seeing the systematic economic destruction of the USA.  This has been carefully planned and is now being executed.  This is not just an "oops".  This is war on the American people.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:05:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll get in on this one .
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Commercial Real Estate is going to crash...

In on 1
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Yep, In on one
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh yeah.... don't forget all the unsecured credit card debt that is about to turn into garbage ..... People without jobs ( and people who have taken drastic pay cuts , which is the SEVERELY under reported side of this mess )  , generally don't pay their credit card bills .... And unlike the Real Estate Crash, When that is defaulted on it GONE..... Nothing to repossess that holds some value you can recover. It disappears into thin air...

And in on one...
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The real question is, when will the inflation begin?  How soon will we get into hyperinflation?

None of what we are seeing is Libtard stupidity or ignorance.  We are seeing the systematic economic destruction of the USA.  This has been carefully planned and is now being executed.  This is not just an "oops".  This is war on the American people.

The word on the street is Fall of 2010.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#23]
what is the point of this????? you actually think there is someone here who can tell the future???? no one knows when its gonna happen.  BUT HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF.

end of thread. no actuall reason to keep discussing this shit. stop feeding the troll/tinfoil hatters........
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
what is the point of this????? you actually think there is someone here who can tell the future???? no one knows when its gonna happen.  BUT HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF.

end of thread. no actuall reason to keep discussing this shit. stop feeding the troll/tinfoil hatters........

Pretty much sums it up.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#25]

7:25

"goddamn lightbulb is made in CHINA!" *smash*
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Wait til the chinese start dumping our treasuries.....

Russians are dumping $10 Billion in favor of IMF bonds.....

Throw trillions back into the system and.....

HELLO HYPERINFLATION!!!!!!!!!

You aint seen nothing yet!

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Bring it

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#28]
In on one.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#29]

if we make it past the mayan prediction of 2012 then were golden.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Is that your SHTF crawlspace?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much sums it up.

This is an ongoing thread with a lot of interesting and usefull links and info. The first one ran 2500 posts and over 56,000 views over 8 or 9 months.

If you two dont like like it , TOUGH SHIT.........dont click on it or respond to it.

It aint that hard............well..........to most folks anyways
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Nothing about the Economy makes sense anymore .We have powerful people behind the scenes pulling the strings .It is almost impossible to predict the Economic future of the Country .

They (Liberals /Proggresives/RHINOs) have taken an economic Melt down and turned it into a oportunity to reshape our current system into a Proggressive/Liberal  system of Government.

Who knows what will happen in a year .Lets face it we are all pawns we just have to hope for the best and plan for the worst .
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Australia just posted a positive gain in GDP for the last quarter. We still havent slipped into a recession. But realisticly , the GDP growth was small, and the economy is in a slump, and we have rising unemployment. (5.4%) Our interest rate is still at 3% as well.

This is the nerdiest post i've ever made on ARFCOM
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Australia just posted a positive gain in GDP for the last quarter. We still havent slipped into a recession. But realisticly , the GDP growth was small, and the economy is in a slump, and we have rising unemployment. (5.4%) Our interest rate is still at 3% as well.

This is the nerdiest post i've ever made on ARFCOM

No your wrong .I remember other nerdy post you have made that rival this one.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I still think we will see the numbers get worse than the 'Great Depression of the 30's' this summer.

What "numbers" and what is going to happen, in your opinion?

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What "numbers" and what is going to happen, in your opinion?

Just what I said .............the numbers that economists use to judge the condition of the economy.
I think that by the middle / end of this summer , we will se that this country is in worse shape , numbers wise , than we were in the great depression of the 30's.

As far as what will happen because of that ?

Crime skyrocketing ......... lots of violent protests ...........businesses collapsing in record numbers........cities going bankrupt..........and a very looong cold winter.

An apocalyptic  Mad Max barter town scenario ? No..........but its not going to be pretty. America will have a big black eye at the end of it.

But then again....you really didnt want a sane reply,did you.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#41]
I believe that given our current inability to sell bonds, we will see some serious problems by January of next year if the Feds have a negative balance at the end of this year.

We cannot keep operating like we are, and spending our way out of this will solve nothing.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
ahh...

eta

For my post 600 I'm going with collapse by Christmass or sooner.

I'lll take bacon, beans, bullets and band-aids for $100 please.

eta

I didn't want to be the first one to post Karl but since no one else did:

The Fed: Bankrupt

There was a good TF thread over the last couple of days, regarding a weird market event Karl noticed.  He thinks it might have been Bernanke pulling money again, and that we might be about to hit the skids again.

For those who didn't see his alarm bells from last September 24th, the crash then was apparently triggered by Bernanke pulling money in and intentionally damaging the market in order to pressure Congress on TARP and AIG.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#43]
In on one
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So your over at the old thread , bumping it?

How much time has to pass before Doom and Gloomers admit there will be no collapse???
 ( Page:  2   3   4  ...  49   50   51  )
Remove Thread Enable Mail Alerts
sherrick13
General
General Discussion
Today 8:25:41 PM EDT
by AROKIE   Last Post

For what reason?

Just to get it locked?

grow up
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I kinda agree, since many of those who've spent years of their lives getting degrees in economics haven't provided us with much of a usable service lately.

Yet, you could argue your same point on the majority of threads found in GD. Mostly nonsense and repetition.

That's because they're taught that debt equals wealth. You can live on borrowed money to an extent, but eventually some unforeseen event will bring it to a screeching halt.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Can I eat my gold yet? In on one!
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#48]
The two political parties have spent the years since World War 2 mortgaging this nations future for political gain.

The future is now. Welcome to it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what is the point of this????? you actually think there is someone here who can tell the future???? no one knows when its gonna happen. BUT HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF.

So your over at the old thread , bumping it?

How much time has to pass before Doom and Gloomers admit there will be no collapse???

( Page: 2 3 4 ... 49 50 51 )

Remove Thread Enable Mail Alerts

sherrick13

General

General Discussion

Today 8:25:41 PM EDT

by AROKIE Last Post

For what reason?

Just to get it locked?

grow up
I actually left a fucking comment there jackass.  did you not get enough of the tin foil hattery from the last thread?? I can still have  a fucking opinion,  sorry if you didnt like mine, but im not here to appease you. so if your feelings are hurt or whatever, well I cant help you....

but hey by all means keep your thread on the so called doom and gloom tin foil shinanigan bullshit going!! Maybe it could at the very least become interesting, or maybe even  Entertaining!!!

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#50]
The end will come at some point, but who knows how long it will be?  (Yes, this is the cheap out answer... if you have a beginning, you also get an end... at some point.)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top