User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2002 5:56:55 PM EDT
Only single shots allowed under proposed legistlation...anything else felony
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/612231/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Baumgart, Doyle Propose Gun Ban
Pump Shotguns and Most Other Firearms Banned

Virtually every gun used to hunt in Wisconsin would be illegal to use under a bill authored by Senator Jim Baumgart at the request Attorney General Jim Doyle. The supposed terrorism legislation would outlaw the use of any pump, lever or bolt action rifle or shotgun as well as any revolver or semi-automatic firearm for hunting, self-defense or target practice.

In fact, only single-shot firearms, less than one-percent of all firearms, could be used by anyone except law enforcement and the military. Anyone using a firearm that holds more than one bullet or even owning a single bullet would be guilty of a Felony.

“If Baumgart and Doyle get their way, every hunter in Wisconsin would be an instant criminal, facing prison and a lifetime loss of voting rights,” said state Senator Dave Zien (R-Wheaton).

“Reloading your own shotgun shells could send you to prison for 15-years.” Rather than ban firearms outright, Doyle and Baumgart ban all types of ammunition by defining the bullet as both a “destructive device” and an “explosive,” the gunpowder as an “explosive” and even the tiny primer that ignites every bullet is specifically called a “detonator.”

Owning, possessing or using any of these items would be a felony offense, unless the citizens could prove they were only for use in “firearms that are designed to shoot no more than one shot without manual reloading” (i.e. single shot firearms).

“Can you imagine a Wisconsin elected official outlawing the use every pump shotgun and labeling every duck hunter a terrorist?” asked Zien. “Maybe the Attorney General should concentrate on the real terrorists and leave law-abiding gun owners alone.”

The bill even goes as far as allowing photographs of a person with banned material to be used as evidence of a crime. “This will make the picture of a hunter with her Remington 870 and a trophy buck evidence of terrorist activity,” said Zien.

In 1998, Wisconsin voters amended the state Constitution to protect the right of law-abiding citizens to posses and use firearms. Because the Constitution prevents Doyle from banning the gun, the only way he can deny hunters the use of their guns is to ban the ammunition.

“It is no wonder people are cynical about their government,” said Zien, author of Wisconsin’s Right to Keep and Bear Arms. “When the attorney charged with upholding our Constitution deliberately tries to thwart that Constitution and deny the will of the people, it gives all public servants a bad name.”

Information on the Attorney General’s website describing the points of Doyle’s “Anti-Terrorism Legislative Package” mentions nothing about the gun ban provisions. Zien noted the information distributed to legislators also mentioned nothing about the bans. Doyle can only propose the language to legislators. The legislative author (Baumgart) takes whatever he chooses from Doyle’s draft and introduces his own bill.

Baumgart likewise mentions nothing about the bans in his memo to legislators asking them to join as cosponsors of his bill.

American Robert Peary reaches North Pole. French aviator Louis Bleriot flies across the English Channel in a wooden monoplane tied together with piano strings. Briton George Smith launches the first commercially made colour film.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Sad part is, these jackasses will end up getting re-elected by the sheeple...

"It's being done to protect the children, and the children's children, and the children's children's children, and the"...

You know what I mean...
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
boy they sure do get pissed when their team doesnt make it to the SuperBowl [;)]

I think VA-gunnut got it right!!!

What kind of drugs are they using up there?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:10:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Everybody knows that terrorists are some duck hunting mother fuckers! [rolleyes] And they [b][i]always[/i][/b] go over the limit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wow. Maybe y'all cheeseheads should move to a more gun friendly state. [rolleyes]
View Quote

If everyone ran all the time,,then what would happen?
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#9]
alright cheese heads, im in iowa, if you guys seceed, and stage a civil war, im with ya

and we thought the caliban was bad.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow. Maybe y'all cheeseheads should move to a more gun friendly state. [rolleyes]
View Quote

If everyone ran all the time,,then what would happen?
View Quote

Hmm...if all the hunters/gun owners and their families left that state in the friggin dust....wonder what would happen?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:35:56 AM EDT
[#11]
WHERE do they find these people?  HOW do they get elected/appointed?

This kind of crap reminds me of what went on in the Klinton White House.

[pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed]

Man, I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:43:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:03:28 AM EDT
[#15]
It will never fly.  I am not too concerned about it.  To many hunters using Remington semi autos.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Is there a link to send Senators Dagwood and Bumstead an email?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Communist bullcr@p.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Don't take this the wrong way, but sometimes I think it'd be better if things got pushed up to the limit. Sort of like dealing with a boil - the only way to get rid of it is to apply pressure until it bursts. This whole mess is like a giant boil on our constitutional rights. The only way to get rid of it is to build up the pressure until it breaks.

The incrementalist methodology of the legislature(s) is akin to slowly boiling the frog in the kettle. No one's going to jump unless it gets hot really quick. Maybe it'd be better if really hard-core gun control legislation would get passed so more people would get PO'd enough to say no/vote no.[:\]

Thoughts[?]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Exactly...  I've been thinking:  How can this press release best be used to advance the cause of the Wisconsin Concealed Carry Movement?

Ideas?
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#23]
WTF over? I always thought WI was one of those good ol' boy states. I hate to think what would happen to the rest of us if these crack-head legislators pass this.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean paint yourself into a corner?  Gun-grabbers will follow anywhere you go.  

[b]Moving to another state will only delay the inevitable. It's time to stop the Bradyites in their tracks and make THEM move to another state.[/b] [pissed]

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"Move out of California" is the friendly advice given to me by gun guys in the "free" states, and I was just passing that on to others. Most would agree that California is a lost cause. So now I'm confused. Should I move or make THEM move? One thing's for sure. I won't be moving to Wisconsin.
View Quote

Come to Arizona. We'll dig a trench around the whole state and fill it with gasoline! That might slow them down... a bit. [:D]

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got a better idea. Tactical nukes on L.A., San Francisco, and Sacramento, and what's left over can be divided up between Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon. [;)]
View Quote

fu*k it, lets just nuke the san andreas, thatl get em all with one swift move and a lot less mony.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Call your republican legislature and tell them to let it pass.

I can see it now in chamber

THE REPUBICAN FROM WISCONSIN IS SO RECOGNIZED!

R-WI,"WELL , MY SUPPORTERS HAVE TOLD ME TO ABSTAIN FROM VOTING AND ALLOW ALL YOU DEMOCRATS TO PASS THIS LEGISLATION; BUT THEY ALSO TOLD ME THAT THEY HAVE BEEN JUST LOOKING FOR AN EXCUSE! I THINK I WILL HELP GIVE IT TO THEM."

I gaurantee you that bill will not pass and at that point the democrats won't even support it.

Benjamin

My God, don't they see what will happen if they take all the guns away from law abiding people. The only PEOPLE WITH GUNS WILL BE CRIMINALS AND THEN WHEN ITS THE STATE VERSUS THE CRIMINALS THE STATE WILL LOOSE.  AS PRETTY SOON THE GANGSTERS AND THE THUGS WILL TEAM UP AGAINST THE LEGISLATURES.  

WE NEED ORDINARY CITIZENS TO HELP DEFEND US.  WELL, WAIT THERE ISN"T ANYONE WHO CAN BECAUSE WE HAVE ALREADY TAKEN AWAY ALL THEIR GUNS.

Link Posted: 1/21/2002 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#35]
As a Wisconsin resident I can assure you that this bill has about as much a chance of passing as the DNC nominating Rush Limbaugh for president.  Aside from the appauling lack of concealed carry legislation, this state is more pro-gun then Texas!

-Lazy
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top