Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/26/2009 12:31:19 PM EDT
http://jumpinginpools.blogspot.com/2009/05/sotomayor-gun-ownership.html
"Sotomayor is a graduate from Princeton University, where her legal theses included Race in the American Classroom, and Undying Injustice: American "Exceptionalism" and Permanent Bigotry, and Deadly Obsession: American Gun Culture. In this text, the student Sotomayor explained that the Second Amendment to the Constitution did not actually afford individual citizens the right to bear arms, but only duly conferred organizations, like the military. Instead of making guns illegal, she argues that they have been illegal for individuals to own since the passing of the Bill of Rights."

Update:
Might not be true:
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2009_05_24-2009_05_30.shtml#1243364874

Either way though, this lady is not friendly to the 2nd, or the other amendments for that matter IMO.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Another Princeton grad with a race thesis - she and the Wookie should get along great.

Wonder if Specter will kiss her butt?
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
To be honest, what did you expect?

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone needs to tell her that if that's the case, the first amendment isn't an individual right either and she needs to STFU.

-X
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Another libtard!

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]
She looks and sounds just plain STUPID. Bless our universities.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#7]
She can make as many thesis as she wants. Good luck getting a job right now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Our Affirmative Action President has clearly appointed an Affirmative Action Justice.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#9]
The SCOTUS disagrees with her (strongly, I might add), so...meh.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#10]
If you can't beat the definition of the 2nd amendment.... just come out and say it is unconstitutional...

These people are a joke.This statement should disqualify her from ANY judicary job, where she can just fucking say something is unconstitutional when she wants to impose her ideas on everyone else.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Reading the bill of rights correctly FAIL.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#12]
well...come and take them then, bitch.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They do now... in two years?

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"Sotomayor is a graduate from Princeton University, where her legal theses included Race in the American Classroom, and Undying Injustice: American "Exceptionalism" and Permanent Bigotry, and Deadly Obsession: American Gun Culture. In this text, the student Sotomayor explained that the Second Amendment to the Constitution did not actually afford individual citizens the right to bear arms, but only duly conferred organizations, like the military. Instead of making guns illegal, she argues that they have been illegal for individuals to own since the passing of the Bill of Rights."

Holy shit. We're in for a hell of a ride. Only 3 and a half more years!

Anyone taking bets on the date for Scalias car accident?
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Dont forget Heller was not won by a big margin.............she "could" be on the SCOTUS, and tip the balance to the "collective rights "crowd..and if Obongo get one more pick............were fucked!
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#16]
She may run into a problem or two on the current court.

Who fucking cares, she'll just replace Darth Bader Ginsburg when she craps out due to cancer.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Reading the bill of rights correctly FAIL.

and the job shes nominated for....

its sickening.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, the Teleprompter wanted someone who could feel out the issues to make the right decision,  not just reason them through.

Empathy for the underdog.  BS like that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Just more proof that a college degree or being a judge means you are intelligent or wise.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I swear, folks here wouldnt know if a good time sat on their face.

Dont believe everything you read
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Was this one of three of her opinions that got reversed by the SCOTUS.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not going to last that long, the U.S. as layed out by the U.S. Consititution that is.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Who fucking cares, she'll just replace Darth Bader Ginsburg when she craps out due to cancer.

naw...replacing Souter

Ginsburg will be next.

At least the conservative judges should be in place for at least a little while.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, you mean the one where he drives into the bucket of a front-end loader five times, then shoots him self 3 times in the head?

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Seriously, how does someone get into a high judicial position with that kind of position in her background?  I don't see any way shape or form how you can read the 2A along with the writings of the Founding Fathers, come up with that nonsense, and get appointed to the highest court in the land??  Didn't anyone ever tell her that words mean things?
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#26]
She needs to read some Supreme Court jurisprudence, it's precedence for her new job.  Of course, she doesn't have much of a record on following the law.  Oh well, it's the new "feel good" America swirling the toilet anyway.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Hello? McFly?

It is not a real article.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#28]
DT
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Seriously, how does someone get into a high judicial position with that kind of position in her background?  I don't see any way shape or form how you can read the 2A along with the writings of the Founding Fathers, come up with that nonsense, and get appointed to the highest court in the land??  Didn't anyone ever tell her that words mean things?

There is a TON of quotes from the founders themselves, talking informally about the subject. And it was VERY clear what they thought of as the 2nd amendment. That we the PEOPLE need to be armed. These idiots only looks at that sentence, but have failed miserably and look what the founding fathers said about gun ownership themselves.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#30]
She has an interesting way of interpreting the law.  BTW - if you are a white firefighter, who spends over $1000.00 on study material, hires a reader because your're dyslexic, spend 8 - 12 hours a day studying for a year for your promotional test, have the high score, and are subsequently told you won't be promoted because you are white, don't look to her for sympathy.  She will simply dismiss your case.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, I said it could have been worse in the other thread, I stand corrected. She's an ignorant cunt.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Another Princeton grad with a race thesis - she and the Wookie should get along great.

Yep.

Exactly.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

But the problem is, for how long?

If the Obama administration gets her and another justice nominated (soon to happen with the health issues of Ginsburg), the liberals will have the votes to kill our gun rights.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not after Obama gets done with it.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

naw...replacing Souter

Ginsburg will be next.

At least the conservative judges should be in place for at least a little while.

I'm thinking he'll be able to slide a real first-class ideologue past the Republitards in this first pick - it will be his Darth Bader Ginsburg. I doubt he'll get that lucky on the next one.

Honestly, I hope the conservative justices are keeping a close eye on their surroundings. It's not too far-fetched to think an enviro-nutjob or anti-gunner would waste one of them in order for the TOTUS to be able to have his "transformative" presidency.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont forget Heller was not won by a big margin.............she "could" be on the SCOTUS, and tip the balance to the "collective rights "crowd..and if Obongo get one more pick............were fucked!

Well, all 9 agreed it was an individual right. The split was between those who thought DC's ban violated the right and those who didn't.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#37]
That's deep....the government grants itself the power to be armed..........

She really has come from the shallow end.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#38]
woohoo!

another winner from a Bush administration.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If you can't beat the definition of the 2nd amendment.... just come out and say it is unconstitutional...

These people are a joke.This statement should disqualify her from ANY judicary job, where she can just fucking say something is unconstitutional when she wants to impose her ideas on everyone else.

+1

Beautifully said my friend.  

I really don't care if the nominee is male, female, white, black, or green as a goddamn apple. And their  upbringing, background, and personal history have absolutely nothing to do with interpreting the constitiution. And that is what the job should be about.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

she's actually correct.

it was illegal for slaves to own firearms.

I guess she views us all as slaves.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Deadly Obsession: American Gun Culture

Anybody have a link to this?  I don't like to take a blog's word for it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#42]
And you people bitch about everyone else being sheeple and following blindly.

IT IS NOT REAL.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

She would replace Souter who dissented in Heller, so most likely not.  Another pick, yeah probably.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm waiting for someone to wake me up from a bad dream.

John
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Sotomayor = Sodomizer
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Wonder if Specter will kiss her butt?

Yes, Specter already has been singing her praises:

http://www.whtm.com/news/stories/0509/626181.html

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
And you people bitch about everyone else being sheeple and following blindly.

IT IS NOT REAL.

que?
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Remember, no term limits for Supreme Court Judges.

Say hello to the future, my friends.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#50]
STFU Bitch!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top