Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/25/2009 10:15:00 AM EDT
Some guy here says the ATF is inspecting certain realistic airsoft replicas to be banned from importation.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=167930

These higher end guns aren't what you'd see in Wal-Mart and I'm sure someone could get a Spikes or CMMG conversion to fit inside of it. I'm almost certain they might be banned.

Before you say - "GOOD!" - a lot of people will be missing out on some good training (and some good fun) and it only gives the ATF more power.

http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/show_product.asp?idproduct=1331#top

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you through a parts kit in that lower?

Where do you buy these?
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank god the ATF is protecting us from toy guns
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I was wondering if the ATF would be getting around to these.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#4]
ATF has now been redesignated as Alcohol, Toys and Firearms.  

GI Joe and Barbie better watch out or they'll be banned next.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Can you through a parts kit in that lower?

Where do you buy these?

Possibly

www.airsoftatlanta.com

www.airsoftextreme.com

www.evike.com

www.rsov.com

and many more

There are a wide range of airsoft guns ranging from shitty wal-mart stuff to this.

Please do your research before you buy so you don't get a bad first impression.

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Those are aluminum lowers aren't they? I think I have seen them before.  If those can take real lower parts and match up with a real upper, yep, they'll ban 'em.  Toy or not.  I don't think it's right, but I won't be surprised.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Great, pre-ban and post-ban Air Soft guns. I bet they want to register the pre-ban as MGs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#8]
There was a thread about converting one of these a few months ago IIRC.

Yeah, if it can be readily converted, the ATF will take a dim view of it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#9]
As far as airsoft is concerned, those are a lot less gay than most.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That's because the only airsoft gun most ARFCOMmers have ever seen are the shittiest ones.

That's why I stress here that anyone planning on getting one gets the right one so they don't come back on here and turn people off of it.

The airsoft market has been saturated with sup-par replicas.

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

There was a thread about converting one of these a few months ago IIRC.

Yeah, if it can be readily converted, the ATF will take a dim view of it.

I wonder if they will order people to surrender theirs or keep pre-ban ones.

Customs is clueless when it comes to airsoft so you will be able to get them regardless. I just wonder what will happen if you get caught with one.

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#12]
But they aren't even done banning pizza yet.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Someone posting on the British airsoft forum says they've failed one model already. The others are all almost identical since they're based upon real firearms.

I wonder how they'll proceed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#14]
The knee jerk reaction doesn't surprise me much.

... Aside form that, you could probably build a scratch lower easier than modifying one of those to fire live rounds.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Someone posting on the British airsoft forum says they've failed one model already. The others are all almost identical since they're based upon real firearms.

Remember, this is the ATF. They'll keep going until they get it to fire, even if they have to replace the upper and lower. It may blow up, but by God, they'll get it to fire. Then they ban them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Some guy here says the ATF is inspecting certain realistic airsoft replicas to be banned from importation.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=167930

These higher end guns aren't what you'd see in Wal-Mart and I'm sure someone could get a Spikes or CMMG conversion to fit inside of it. I'm almost certain they might be banned.

Before you say - "GOOD!" - a lot of people will be missing out on some good training (and some good fun) and it only gives the ATF more power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6pQEW8ZSLU&feature=related
http://www.intrudershop.com/mmc/aug/kjm4/kjm4-18.jpg
http://www.intrudershop.com/mmc/aug/kjm4/kjm4-24.jpg

http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/show_product.asp?idproduct=1331#top  

No self respecting arfcommer would ever say 'ATF', 'Banned', and 'GOOD!' in the same sentence....  Except this one of course...
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#18]
they will probably put a .17 hmr in the pipe and hit it with a hammer in order to declare it a machine gun
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Whats a Good electric model to choose from,   or i guess i should ask which is better gas/electric.

i heard alot of good things about some electric models that are made with 100% metal,  but am serious about buying one soon
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#20]
for the children
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Whats a Good electric model to choose from,   or i guess i should ask which is better gas/electric.

i heard alot of good things about some electric models that are made with 100% metal,  but am serious about buying one soon

What kind of gun? AR, AK, M249?

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's because the only airsoft gun most ARFCOMmers have ever seen are the shittiest ones.

http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/v/vspfiles/photos/CG47952-1.jpg

That's why I stress here that anyone planning on getting one gets the right one so they don't come back on here and turn people off of it.

The airsoft market has been saturated with sup-par replicas.

Color me re-educated.

I have NEVER seen an airsoft gun that is like that.  I guess those junk AEGs really are just that.  Junk.

Changed my perspective on them a bit.  

Sucks to hear about it though, I always had a bunch of fun, but I guess we where always using such shitty guns to begin with.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#23]
What the fuck business is it of the BATF&E's? An airsoft is niether alcohol, tobaco, firearm, OR explosive. They should have no mandate to fuck with toys...what next...ban the importation of pictures of weapons?

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What model are you looking for?

Some of mine.

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#25]
That's idiotic to ban them because someone might stuff a .22LR kit in there when you can get a .22LR kit to fire all on it's own with a thousand different household objects.

If that western arms m4 wasn't so expensive, it would be a fun toy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What model are you looking for?

Some of mine.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f178/chrishartman/100_0561.jpg

Nice STAR! I want another one like that but I can't justify the price when I only paid $200 for mine:

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I believe somebody on here posted that the lower parts in their airsoft M-4 were pretty much 1:1 clones of select fire fcg parts- so much so that they were contemplating replacing them with the real deal.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#29]
So , where exactly do i get one? It'd be good for practice when I don't feel like using the real thing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#30]
i want a real mg42
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So , where exactly do i get one? It'd be good for practice when I don't feel like using the real thing.

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=366_486&products_id=3850&zenid=492099fc0e1acf0977e9f64443abdee3
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Something has seriously got to be done about the ATF.  I've had enough of their bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Airsoft guns originating from Japan generally will be incapable of being converted to fire any type of live ammo - hence the extensive use of plastics and pot metal (it's not just to get costs down, though that's a part of it too).

At least one "classic" airsoft gun used self-contained cartridges, which would be loaded with a BB and then pressurized. These pieces were prohibited from further manufacture because it was determined that they could be easily converted to fire live ammo (as there was a type of "firing pin" in place already to activate the air cartridge, and the gun was mostly - or all - metal).

This is all due to Japan's extremely strict regulations on all things firearms (hence the entire reason for the creation of the model gun and airsoft industries).

I can't speak for the products that originate out of Taiwan and HK, though.

ETA - And my point is, of course, that because Japan has such incredibly strict regulations on all things firearms and firearm-like, it's fucking stupid to start inspecting them here too.
Again, though, this would only apply to the original JP releases, as the all-metal stuff coming out of HK and TW might be a different story - still stupid, but not quite as stupid.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#34]
So great that massive amounts of my tax dollars go toward stopping these dangerous soft plastic shooting toys.

Good job ATF. Keep up the great fascism.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#35]
seriously. what right does the BATFE have to regulate these devices? They do not blow up, you cannot smoke them, drinking them is out of the question, and they are NOT firearms.
Where is the authority?
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember, this is the ATF. They'll keep going until they get it to fire, even if they have to replace the upper and lower. It may blow up, but by God, they'll get it to fire. Then they ban them.

Haha, absolutely.

If they get one round to fire even if it kabooms they'll still declare it a firearm.

Don't ask to see their test results or ask how they achieved them they'll just say they can't tell you, because it's super duper secret.

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=366_486&products_id=3850&zenid=492099fc0e1acf0977e9f64443abdee3

I could see maybe 200, but 650?
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good AEGs are cheaper - around $100.

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
seriously. what right does the BATFE have to regulate these devices? They do not blow up, you cannot smoke them, drinking them is out of the question, and they are NOT firearms.
Where is the authority?

Neither is a shoestring or a lightning link.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Wonder if I could get in on a group buy of these :D
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could see maybe 200, but 650?

How about $97 for this AEG?

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1443

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good AEGs are cheaper - around $100.

Where at? What brands are good and which ones should people stay away from?

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:17:30 AM EDT
[#43]
How many of these are in circulation in the US? If these are real popular and there are thousands of them out there it might put the ATF in an interesting spot.

Imagine if they have to open the MG registration window because there are so many airsoft guns that can accept a F/A FCG.

Or they might get lots of "HUT HUT" raid practice during all the dynamic entries into airsofters houses.

Also, I think some PDs have these guns for force on force training.

HK, hide your dog, they may be coming for you.

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Not suprising.

nThe slide from my HK MK23 pistol will fit on the Airsoft KSC MK23 frame; The only thing that stops it from locking in place are the unique Airsoft parts for putting air into the Airsoft slide..

The Airsoft slide will fit on my real MK23.

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#45]
hmmm....maybe that is how i could find a spare lower.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#46]
It's okay, Obama will stop it.

Just like he brought transparency to government, and tax cuts for 95%.

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Did some research and it seems possible to pick a few of these up at $350ish , so i'm gonna try one and see what happens.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#48]
A lot of people here seem to lump all airsoft together. I find this is most from ignorance on their part. "Professional" airsoft is a very large sport here in the U.S..While you won't hear or see half as much of it as you do paintball, this is really the preferred place for airsofters. We don't have the velocity restricitons other countries have, we don't have a metal rule where the bodies have to be plastic like some countries do, etc...

I've owned my fair shair of airsoft guns, and I must say they are a lot of fun when you're not playing with $200 or less guns. Seriously, go out there and demo a nice G&G or G&P or, if you're lucky, a Systema PTW (professional training weapon), your opinion of airsoft will change very quickly.

It is also rediculous to claim that these could be converted into real weapons with any kind of ease. The ammount of time and tooling it would take would far surpase the time and cost required to legally or illegaly obtain a rifle (if said conversion was even possible, I am almost 100% sure it is not).

The ATF shouldn't even be investigating this at all, it really dissapoints me that even this is being infringed on by the government.

Check out www.redwolfairsoft.com if you want to see the high end realm of "gaysoft"... you might be a little supprised with what you find.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#49]
A friend of mine has an all-metal airsoft M-4 with a realistic-looking Gemtech suppresser on it. It was a gift from another friend.

Oops, now it's verboten by the ATF because, um, they have jurisdiction over everything that vaguely resembles a gun now?

Fuck the ATF. Fuck 'em all to hell.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Where at? What brands are good and which ones should people stay away from?

It depends, what gun are you looking for?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top