Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2002 7:50:34 AM EDT
After about 8 months of transcription training with the Andrews school, my wife has been offered a job with Scribes Online.

Yippeee!

TheRedGoat

Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#1]
YAY!!!!!!!  [bounce]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Outstanding news, TRG!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Good for her and also for you for being proud of her and telling others of her accomplishment
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:12:51 AM EDT
[#4]
TRG,

Thanks for the update. I'm assuming that she'll be working at home considering the companys' name.

[beer]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#5]
More guns!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#6]
What's the gig gonna pay?
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#7]
GUN MONEY!!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#8]
That was quick.  We were just talking about that not long ago.  Good for her and you.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#9]
What exactly does the training and job entail? I need to get a job soon and working at home wouldn't be too bad.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:30:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What exactly does the training and job entail? I need to get a job soon and working at home wouldn't be too bad.
View Quote

Well, the first thing you have to do is type like a bat out of hell.  My wife is a former Business Education instructor and fills the requirement for high speed typing.

Although the schools that you see on TV are going to tell you typing is not a requirement, and that you can work for just a few hours a day to learn this stuff, don't believe them.

Check out this school:
[url]www.andrewsschool.com[/url]

They are one of the only legitimate (gonna get real training to acutally prepare you for this career) schools out there.  The rest of the schools give you little to no training.  They just want your dinero.

If you are seriously wanting the careeer, plan to spend 8 months at home everyday learning tons, I mean tons, of medical terminology, transcribing actual taps and preparing reports.  I sometimes did not see my wife for 12-14 hours at a stretch.

One of the things the school stresses is that you cannot be successful in this field by working just a few hours per day and goofing off/babysitting the kids the rest of the day.  

Definately check into the Andrews School.  There is a chat board for Medical Transcriptionist (not associated with the school) that you should check out also.

Email me for more details.

TheRedGoat

ps.  For anyone who is interested, or if you are currently an MT, my wife would be happy to email you with more information.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:24:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top