Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2002 7:35:34 AM EDT
I need to warn the people on this forum of my medical tragedy... and my secret shame. I tested positive for CMP-30RD, a particularly virulent stage of CMP. This syndrome, better known as Compulsive Magazine Purchasing, 30RD Strain, has been known to travel via casual contact between gun owners and at gun shows. It is speculated that the virus resides in gun oil, packing grease, and possibly in old gunpowder soot in shooter's clothing.

I once had only a blood count of two 30RD, which was manageable. In the last week, my blood count tested at eight 30RD. Some sufferers have a 30RD count in the high dozens, even hundreds. Symptoms include fainting, weakness, and depression, aggravated by seeing one's bank statement. There is no cure.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Great... Spearweasel works scant yards from me... and... there's a funshow in town this weekend... I might get infected...
I already felt a case of CMP - 8rd/1911 coming on, but I've always felt I'd be reistant to the CMP-30rd, and the two Colt 20's I got didn't bring on any CMP-20rd... thank God!  

We might need to start a support group for these afflictions!
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#2]
THey have group meetings every weekend in Texas and Oklahoma, at the fairgrounds in those states.  It is a three step program.  SEE,FONDLE,PAYFOR.  

Benjamin
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Lord help us...It is an epidemic!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#4]
[white hot fear] no...no....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!...nooooooooooo![/white hot fear]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#5]
BE ADVISED:.....  MORE COMMING......

I have been infected with a much more lethal strain known as G19gen3hicap.  Even Cipro can't touch this beast.  This virus works by consuming your stores of Cnotes.  The only known, but extremely painful cure is domesticusfindouticusandclinchyoballsicus.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:18:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Very very contageous indeed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I cured mine!

I found 20 Tapco & DPMS teflon-coated LaBelles NIW last year and got 'em for $15 each. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face for days! [:D]

I have yet to open one and shoot 'em, though. But hey, all my other mags are shooters now.

Having around 50 GI Colt 20s helps too, including several unopened 7-packs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh great Spearweasel, just when I was getting over my last bout with it, it starts to spread again. I'll start dabbing bore cleaner in each nostril so that next weekends funshow won't affect me so badly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey, STISteve, you work at STI in G-town?
Borg
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I once had this desease.  I found the cure though.  As soon as I ran out of money, the symptoms cleared up.  I'm just afraid I may have a relaps as soon as I get more money. [BD]

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Just try and avoid CMP-BETA-C!!  If you get it you'll go broke trying to cure it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top