Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2002 8:16:16 PM EDT
After starting to get "antsy" to go and do something crazy (not as in a bad thing) which usually happens every couple years of repetitiveness, last time I ended up in Rollinsville, Colorado for 2 years, among various one or two week road trips, well last year I got custody of my son who is now 3 1/2 and something like this is no longer an option, I am not exactly thrilled with doing tech support at an ISP, but nothing around here really pays any better, aside from shooting which is great for getting me relaxed, but I have yet to find a job that all I have to do is go shooting, and as far as the area, unless I want to spend every night in a bar the place is pretty much dead.....   ( sorry for rambling on )

What else to do with my excess crazy energy??  I haven't really been too much of a book person, just hand me something and I'll figure it out...  but since there isn't a whole lot of things I haven't tried yet (even though I am 26) As of today I am a college student, I decided to go for an A.A.S. in CAD and design technology at the community college this will cover CAD, CAM, and there is also a machine shop class included  probably only take 1 or 2 classes per semester but I guess it's better than not at all, and if I enjoy it, maybe I might end up going for a B.S. in mechanical engineering, time will tell.

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
... A very good move. Mechanical engineering using CAD/CAM/CAE is a very interesting field and can pay quite well.

... Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Take some electives in Quality.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Best of luck Bob243.  I'm going for a Electrical Engineering degree myself, have my Senior year to finish out.  I think of all those cools toys I'll be able to get when I graduate and get a better job, makes it worth while.  Keep us informed on how you do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top