Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2009 5:22:35 PM EDT
Went by the local walmart tonight to see if they got anything in. Nope, and the display case that formerly held rifle and pistol ammo is now full of car stereos and radar detectors. A couple of other people walked down the aisle and said . It wasn't like that yesterday.

The boxes of 20ga and 410 shotshell are still there, but have not been replenished in quite some time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]
In the future, if we reach the future, we will tell our young'uns about how we used to buy ammo at WalMart and they will give us the old

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In the future, if we reach the future, we will tell our young'uns about how we used to buy ammo at WalMart and they will give us the old

Already happening, the Walmart by me has no gun related stuff at all.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#3]
We used to buy guns and ammo at Target when I was a kid.  Go figure!  I got my first firearm there, a Marlin 25 with a Weaver V22 scope for 40 bucks.

Times are changing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already happening, the Walmart by me has no gun related stuff at all.

Guns at nearly every Wal Mart are no longer sold. I wouldn't doubt it a bit if Wal mart got out of the ammo business as well.

The future will be online ordering of ammo my friends. That will be your cheapest option as it gets harder find locally every year. Gander, Scheels, etc. are a complete joke on prices, so they are out of the question (and were really high priced wayyyy before all this Obama/AWB stuff).
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We used to buy guns and ammo at Target when I was a kid.  Go figure!  I got my first firearm there, a Marlin 25 with a Weaver V22 scope for 40 bucks.

Times are changing.

When I was a kid you opened up the Christmas catalog from Sears etc. and they had guns.  You filled out the paperwork for your order and sent it in and they delivered a nice new gun to your house.

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]

When I was 7 yo I remember 30-30 rifles for sale at Western Auto.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Times are changing.

Used to be able to buy guns & ammo at Sears, they even had their own "house brand".  Same for Montgomery Wards & Western Auto.

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Times are changing.

Used to be able to buy guns & ammo at Sears, they even had their own "house brand".  Same for Montgomery Wards & Western Auto.

Up until the late 60's grocery stores sold guns.

How cool would that be...

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Times are changing.

I saw a grocery store in Virginia that sold guns and ammo, including handguns. This was about 12 years ago, near Harrisonville.

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Times are changing.

I saw a grocery store in Virginia that sold guns and ammo, including handguns. This was about 12 years ago, near Harrisonville.

"Would you like your MP5 double bagged, sir?"

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Times are changing.

Same for K-mart and gibson's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top