Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2002 4:22:20 PM EDT
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/01/13/pilot.detained/index.html[/url]

A US Airways pilot was arrested for making an "innapropriate" comment to an airport security screener. Philly PD won't say what he said.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Myabe he pointed out what freaking 'tards they are.  I guess that's a crime now, too?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah......the last thing you want to do ....at the airport......is yell to your buddy......"HI...JACK".......[spank]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah......the last thing you want to do ....at the airport......is yell to your buddy......"HI...JACK".......[spank]
View Quote

LOL  [:D]

unfortunately, it is becoming a limited speech world.  i imagine that we'll be fighting for the 1st as well as the 2nd should SHTF ever occur as they will most likely have taken both.  seems to work that way with dictators.  never happy with just one or two rights stripped away.  NOOOOOOOOO.  they want them all.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty soon dealing with airport baggage screeners will be like ordering soup from the "Soup Nazi".
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
NO FLIGHT FOR YOU!
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]
It seems that, under the sacred umbrella phrases of  "homeland safety" or "anti-terrorism", all types of nazis are crawling out of the woodwork to save us from freedom of speech and our rights.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
NO FLIGHT FOR YOU!
View Quote

LMAO! That's the ticket! Or should I say lack thereof? he he
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:06:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I hate that - holding your breath before these tinpot dictator turkeys at the peak of their earnings potential.  

I'm surprised I passed the explosives swipe test taken before my last flight.  Told him that too.  I work at a mine with several tons of explosives very nearby, I reload ammo, and I just finished up casting several rocket engine grains at about a half pound each.  The bag he swiped I store under my reloading bench.

Vote with your pocketbook on these security precautions and don't fly if at all possible.  Do you really doubt that you could get an M16 past the security checkpoint if you had time to prepare?  What a flippin' joke!
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:24:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I just finished flying and found one of the more entertaining methods of pissing them off.  I just don't talk.  I don't respond, I don't acknowledge them at all.  I waited while some drone asked me four times what I did for a living (My pre-911 answer "International Terrorist" would probably get me executed on the spot.)  He was so frustrated he kept stepping in front of me.  

He got to the point where he was almost yelling in my face, he had actual spittle coming out (LOL) when my wife in her most offended voice said "For gods sake he is a deaf mute, are you harrassing deaf mutes now"?  The guy fell all over himself apologizing to me, the deaf mute, after about a minute of this, I muttered "asshole", the guy whips around to my wife and said "I thought you said he was a deaf mute"?  She said I only know hoiw to say one word, and asshole is it.

By this time we both were having a really hard time keeping our faces straight.  Needless to say, the people asking for ID didn't even ask us for any...jeez, how hard would it be to really be a terrorist?  Just embarrass the hired idiots enough and they wave you right through.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:32:21 AM EDT
[#11]
With the lack of information on the case, I just wonder if he made some smart ass comment like "you don't have to carefully check every attractive woman's bra and panties thoroughly for plastic explosives".  Can we just make all these airport security workers wear brown shirts for truth in advertising? [:)]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:04:47 AM EDT
[#12]
US Airways is headquartered here in Pittsburgh and is one of the major employers, thus this got an awful lot of coverage on the news last night.
According to what I saw on the local news last night, he got irritated with the security screeners after he set off the metal detector and they wanted to hand-wand him.  he allegedly said "Why are you get so excited about tweezers when I could just crash the whole plane?"  They showed him being taken out in handcuffs.  He appeared to be grinning as he was led away, so I would guess that he is counting on his union to back him big time against what is basically a bullshytte arrest.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:56:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
US Airways is headquartered here in Pittsburgh and is one of the major employers, thus this got an awful lot of coverage on the news last night.
According to what I saw on the local news last night, he got irritated with the security screeners after he set off the metal detector and they wanted to hand-wand him.  he allegedly said "Why are you get so excited about tweezers when I could just crash the whole plane?"  They showed him being taken out in handcuffs.  He appeared to be grinning as he was led away, so I would guess that he is counting on his union to back him big time against what is basically a bullshytte arrest.
View Quote

I feel for this guy.  The whole idea of sending crewmembers through is assinine anyhow.  He's right, you don't need tweezers.  I hope this Captain starts a watershead of events.  I'm sure ALPA will help him.  I wrote in a post a while back about one of our flight attendants getting "felt up" going through security.  She put up a stink about it and ended up in a mess of a situation.  If someone would have done that to her on the street, she could have filed sexual assault charges.  This gal is cool as hell and is pursuing just that.  Someday soon this will come to a head.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:04:58 AM EDT
[#14]
He might have said "Hey why are you just strip searching the gorgeous flight attendants and not us hairy pilots?"[}:D]

Or maybe he said "I would not hire you clowns to work at a Dairy Queen!" (ala Mark Cuban)

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:08:57 AM EDT
[#15]
He probably corrected their english.. High school deplomas are hard to come by.

Keving67
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
he allegedly said "Why are you get so excited about tweezers when I could just crash the whole plane?"  
View Quote

EXACTLY!!!! All these yahoo security measures are total BS!!!! Anyone with a death wish or evil intent could get anything past security they wanted to with a bit of planning. All these $7 an hour screeners do is waste our time & dollars with their Barney Fife attitudes & abilities.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Maybe he had a "box cutter" in his pocket?........[argue]......so much for his right of speech......it would be neat to find out what he said....[thinking]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Another government mandated, government backed group of petty tyrants with the power to deny you access to your plane, to strip search you,  to remove you from you plane and virtually anything else they should decide to do.

Worse, we can't even hang this one on the Dimocrats.

I've long resisted saying this but I hate LEO's. Not as individuals but as a group.

Now come the "screeners."  You'll need at least three witnesses to coroborate your side should you have problems and you will be fortunate to only miss your flight.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
NO FLIGHT FOR YOU!
View Quote

LOL!!

You know, the "Soup Nazi" was on a Seinfeld Edition of "The Weakest Link" last night.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#20]
You do have to be careful I found out (the hard way).  While traveling this weekend I had an airport security lady pat me down really hard.  It pissed me off, so I said "Damn lady, it's not like I have 10lbs of C4 in my shoe".  She looked at me and for some stupid reason I thought for a second she might not know what C4 was.  So I started hopping up and down on one foot saying, "You know, it's not like I packed my shoe with explosives, back off".

I found myself in a room with 4 unfriendly gentlemen who roughed me up... asking me things like where I was from, what nationality was I, did I ever renounce my citizenship.  I tried to lighten the mood a little because it was getting pretty tense.  I told them the only time I could remember renouncing my citizenship was when Clinton took office and wanted to take my machineguns away.  I realized the folly of that comment as it rolled off the tip of my tongue.  I had my fingers damn near folded completely backwards and they hit me in the side with some device that totally screwed me up.

They asked me again where I was from.  At first I thought they were kidding, so I tried a cheesy middle eastern accent and said, "Saudi Arabia dude".  I mean seriously, I'm white as all hell and 6'3.  I thought they would see the humor in that.  Well, they didn't because it seemed to antagonize them a little, so I backed off.  I tried to convince them that I was really from Kansas but they wouldn't believe me at this point.

Things calmed down a bit after my strip search.  While I was getting dressed the guard watching me seemed nice enough.  We were chatting about recent events and I said, "Wouldn't you shit if after all of this I had swallowed a couple of ounces of C4 and blew the shit out of my flight?".

That didn't go over real well... call me a bad judge of character I guess.  This guy came UNGLUED and back to square one I went.  They screwed with me for 6 hours straight.  I even got on the local 10 o'clock news.

I'm not flying anymore after that.  I'm thinking about suing airport actually.  I was totally abused... and those idiots had no sense of humor.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#21]
This thread brings back old thoughts!  In the early 70's I was a young sailor headed for 'Nam. I had a plane switch in Salt Lake.  I was in uniform and was being harrassed pretty bad at the loading gate while they waved a suit and tie guy with 50# of carry on by.  I made some smart assed remark about them checking me out and not him and they went nuts.  "Any other bags" yes, a sea bag.  They took a sea bag off the plane, not mine.  "Open it up!"  I can't, not mine.  On and on.  Finaly got on plane and under way.  
When I got to Clark AFB they had garbage cans on the run way for "firearms and explosives".  I didn't say a word.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:09:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You do have to be careful I found out (the hard way). I was totally abused... and those idiots had no sense of humor.
View Quote

Airport security idiots....... isn't that phrase redundant? The part I LOVE is when they ask you, "Did you pack your bags?" "No, you stupid douchebag, I had Osama bin Laden pack them."
I too was in the Corps (six years) & it pisses me off when I go to my gun clubs range that's on a local Nat. Guard base & the security dumbass at the gate thinks he's Barney Fife. Of course carrying at "sling arms" is a quick way to defend one's self, right? (sarcasm)
Wonder what would happen if the Marine Corps was in charge of airport security?  >evil grin< Be a few female "pat downs", I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Let me relate my wife's latest trip.

Security gate:  Line of people.

Fat Lady in line.  Step through lady.

Business man in line.  Step through sir.

Sweaty, nervous beardered guy in Turban in line.  Step through sir..Here let me help you with that bag, gee that's heavy and has an acrid smell.  Here, I'll tuck this funny string in so it doesn't get caught on anything...have a nice flight.

Next up my wife 5'2, blond, blue eyed, 110 lbs.  Lady I have to ask you to step to the side and take off your shoes.

OK that's fine...now hold up you shirt.  No, No I mean like a biker chick at Daytona!!!  Oh yes! very nice!...love the lace on those Victoria's Secrets...Just doin' my job, nothing in it for me...You know this is required to make the nation safe...step on through.

What a great job eh!

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You do have to be careful I found out (the hard way).  While traveling this weekend I had an airport security lady pat me down really hard.  It pissed me off, so I said "Damn lady, it's not like I have 10lbs of C4 in my shoe".  She looked at me and for some stupid reason I thought for a second she might not know what C4 was.  So I started hopping up and down on one foot saying, "You know, it's not like I packed my shoe with explosives, back off".

I found myself in a room with 4 unfriendly gentlemen who roughed me up... asking me things like where I was from, what nationality was I, did I ever renounce my citizenship.  I tried to lighten the mood a little because it was getting pretty tense.  I told them the only time I could remember renouncing my citizenship was when Clinton took office and wanted to take my machineguns away.  I realized the folly of that comment as it rolled off the tip of my tongue.  I had my fingers damn near folded completely backwards and they hit me in the side with some device that totally screwed me up.

They asked me again where I was from.  At first I thought they were kidding, so I tried a cheesy middle eastern accent and said, "Saudi Arabia dude".  I mean seriously, I'm white as all hell and 6'3.  I thought they would see the humor in that.  Well, they didn't because it seemed to antagonize them a little, so I backed off.  I tried to convince them that I was really from Kansas but they wouldn't believe me at this point.

Things calmed down a bit after my strip search.  While I was getting dressed the guard watching me seemed nice enough.  We were chatting about recent events and I said, "Wouldn't you shit if after all of this I had swallowed a couple of ounces of C4 and blew the shit out of my flight?".

That didn't go over real well... call me a bad judge of character I guess.  This guy came UNGLUED and back to square one I went.  They screwed with me for 6 hours straight.  I even got on the local 10 o'clock news.

I'm not flying anymore after that.  I'm thinking about suing airport actually.  I was totally abused... and those idiots had no sense of humor.
View Quote

Did this really happen?  At Indianapolis?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top