Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2002 2:53:01 PM EDT
Stashed away on the Equipment Exchange Topics forum is a new poll by Goatboy asking if we should [b]turn the EE into EBAY. [/b]

This does belong in the GD forum as all of us frequent the EE and a MAJOR change like this will affect the whole site.

Let GB know what you think.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=78940[/url]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
hmmm - this will be interesting.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I think that will really Suck. The seller knows how much they want for what there selling, It would be some mess if it went to an auction style.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think that will really Suck. The seller knows how much they want for what there selling, It would be some mess if it went to an auction style.
View Quote

But sometimes you can get a pretty good deal on something that you are looking for. Ebay used to be a great place for buying stuff until half the world started logging on everyday. Now that place is pretty much a sellers market only, though you can still find the odd deal or two.

I think it's a pretty good idea. I voted yes.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think it's a pretty good idea. I voted yes.
View Quote

You're entitled to your own opinion but how many times have you see a $20 dollar item go for $45 just because at the auction end the flurry of buying activity drove the final price up.  Sure you're smart, so you may have gotten out at $20, but the others stayed in and bought high and pretty soon, the $20 dollar is now normally considered to be a $30 item (because others have paid more for it in the past)

Now, if you want to see a $1000 AR15 sell for $1500, then go to an auction system.  Not just the buyers lose on falsely inflated pricing, Hey.. the Seller wins right?...that is until the seller takes his profits and goes to buy an AR, and then wonders why the prices are so high.

Auctions have a place in comerce, a place where sellers make it good and occasionally a buyer gets a good deal - only because it's an item that no one else wants.

To the credit of some folks on this board, I've seen members offer free A2 handguards for the cost of postage.  That kind of community spirit will dissapear if the EE goes auction.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Goatboy never said the EE would "go auction", he only talked about [b]allowing auctions[/b].

I wouldn't vote yes for all auctions, but I think allowing auctions would be a good thing.

You may disagree and that's fine cause it's only my opinion. To each his own [:)]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Some auctions or all auctions - same result.

edited to add: IMHO
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top