BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2002 11:34:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Ah... A refreshing breath of fresh air!

Someone finally gets it.

I, too, am an American.  No hyphen, no nothing - just American, and da*m proud to be one, thank you very much!
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
A good common sense article.  However, I did notice one sort of hypocritical thing.  The article is all about how hyphenated American names are stupid, yet it's part of a web site promoting the National Leadership Network of Conservative [b]African-Americans[/b].

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Whenever somebody gives me that ethnicity hyphnation crap I always tell them to get my ethnic background correct.  It normally really pisses them off, "You're just white!" they always say.  I'm not white, I'm more pinkish beige in color.  I'm not from Russia, hence there is no way that I can be Caucasian.

I'm a Scots-Irish, German-Jewish, French, Cherokee, Catholic-American.  Get it right!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#6]
From the article by R.D.Davis

[b]"...Our race has been categorized in several different ways in my lifetime. First, our race was colored, then we became Negroes. Later on, we were called black. Somewhere along the line, we were Afro-American. Then, in the early 1990s, at a press conference, [size=3]Jesse Jackson made it official by telling the gullible mass media, "We are no longer to be referred to as blacks. We are African-Americans."[/size=3]

To prove my point about how division promotes racism, look to David Duke. I recently saw this white racist and former Ku Klux Klan leader on a cable news channel. He had recently formed a "European-American rights" group. I guess he figured "what's good for the goose is good for the gander." [size=3]You see, only racists - no matter what their color - would want to hyphenate Americans so that they can divide America.[/size=3][/b]

It is very refreshing to see that someone from the same racial background as Jessie Jackson can identify Jessie to be as much of a racist as David Duke.

Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top