Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2002 7:59:35 PM EDT
I'm at the compound where you have to get into the back of a truck to advance further. I've killed all the guards, except the one you can't kill cause you need him to open the gate.
I just can't get to the truck w/o setting off the alarms?? I'm sure I've shot all the alarms also.
Is there a horn or something I need to knock out I can't see.

signed
desperate.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
First use the silenced rifle to take out the guard in the upper gate house before proceeding to the compound. He really requires a head shot to kill him in one try, if not, squeeze off a second shot FAST.

Approach the compound from the far left side, entering through the side window. Use the silenced Sten to clear the room with the one guard in it.

Leave that building from the door nearest the dead guard, and head for the building to your right. Either enter it, or move around the side of it. There's a guard on top of the water tower, kill him using the silenced rifle.

While facing in the direction of the water tower, there's a gate behind you, you need to cautiously enter that gate. A soldier might open it and walk towards you, so kill him too w/ the silenced Sten.

The last guard before getting in to the truck that you have to kill is the one walking on the loading dock the truck is parked in front of. Using either the silenced rifle(if you still have ammo for it, or the scoped rifle, kill him. Run up to the platform from the far right and get on the damn truck!!

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm at the compound where you have to get into the back of a truck to advance further. I've killed all the guards, except the one you can't kill cause you need him to open the gate.
I just can't get to the truck w/o setting off the alarms?? I'm sure I've shot all the alarms also.
Is there a horn or something I need to knock out I can't see.

signed
desperate.
View Quote

P.S.- Alarms don't set themselves off in the game, a guard has to still be alive somewhere, you're just not killing everyone, there's at least one guard your not seeing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh god, that level took me 5 days to figure out. And I mean real days (12 hours each).

First thing, you have to be VERY SILENT!

The reason that you can't get the truck to move, is that you have alerted the last guard at some time. Either you have used a too loud gun, or he has seen you run across the compound.

Hope you have saved the level at least at or around the tunnel, load that one back up and try again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/sp/walk/[/url]

The whole game, all secrets, yada yada yada.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL!....I played the HELL out of the beach map online in beta (multiplayer). Hours and hours. I got very good at the game...and once it arrived retail , it was kinda a let down. So I let it sit and played the other Christmas present I got, Civilization III. By the time I got back to Wolfy3, all the walk-throughs had been written. Saved me alot of frustration on the secret in the first mission (never thought about broken bricks in the floor).
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#7]
thx everybody I was beginning to feel we taw did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top