Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/28/2009 10:52:52 AM EDT
Was in the gun shop today looking for a new scope. The dealer pulled out this "counter sniper" scope, claiming the military uses them and they're normally $6000. The box was ridiculously pimped out with text like "the military uses them and they're normally $6000". My initial feeling was that if a scope manufacturer had to put that kind of shit on the box, it probably wasn't true. It looked a lot like a night force but I got the feeling it was some Chinese made POS. The cost was over $700 so I wasn't about to take that kind of a chance.

The website appears to be full of the same BS.

Anyone know the history of this company?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Was in the gun shop today looking for a new scope. The dealer pulled out this "counter sniper" scope, claiming the military uses them and they're normally $6000. The box was ridiculously pimped out with text like "the military uses them and they're normally $6000". My initial feeling was that if a scope manufacturer had to put that kind of shit on the box, it probably wasn't true. It looked a lot like a night force but I got the feeling it was some Chinese made POS. The cost was over $700 so I wasn't about to take that kind of a chance.

The website appears to be full of the same BS.

Anyone know the history of this company?

Uumm.....what the name of the company?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
especially in this market, if it appears to good to be true, it probably is.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#3]
The brand name was "Counter Sniper"
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe hes referring to this company.

http://www.countersniperoptics.com/
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The brand name was "Counter Sniper"

oh man, thats what i used in the military when we invaded the moon, and killed the mooninites.

Counter Sniper is a fine scope used by the military, it costs over 9000 though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, well, I have an even better Counter-Countersniper Scope that only cost me $200!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw the new model for 2010, called the "Counter Counter Sniper".

j/k
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#8]
those look tactcool man
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#9]
IIRC these are just rebranded Barska Tactical scopes which would otherwise sell under $200.  Search the optics forum for more info.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, well, I have an even better Counter-Countersniper Scope that only cost me $200!

You can't get an ab workout in 6 minutes! Are you crazy!? That's not even long enough to break a sweat!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#11]
"
Borne of a decade of development for the sterile and untraceable optical rifle sighting requirements of Special Operations and clandestine warfare, CounterSniper Military Optical Gunsights Corp. manufactures a line of optical weapon sighting systems and visible and IR laser aiming systems from CQB to long range sniping and competition. The CMOG Titanium Line is the only tactical riflescope in the world UNCONDITIONALLY warranted for life. Battle damage, bomb damage, even bullet impacts are covered. If it is damaged unworkable, send it to us and we will fix it or give you a new one.

CounterSniper Military Optical Gunsights Corp is Headquartered in Rochester NY, the imaging capital of the world. "
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like a deal to me!

Buy 2.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#13]
OK so they are owned by dark ops holdings now I'm convinced it's a bunch of BS.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#14]
yea

they're sniping at you from the gun counter!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#15]
How many thrusts per squeeze do these get?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#16]
I have derived much humor from this thread.  It was worth it just for the laughs.  Click well spent!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#17]
There was a guy bragging about picking up one of these the other day in a technical forum.

They only sell them to the military and the public.  Doesn't that mean they sell them to anyone?  And it does not even mean the military buys them , but I bet they wish they had an account.

You can mark the MSRP at 1 million dollars, but that doesn't mean because you are "letting it go" for $500 that there is actually any value in it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Do they come with a shoulder thing which goes up?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#19]
How does a counter sniper get his training in?  Can't just shoot like a regular shooter, or you're a sniper...  Guess you get no second chances on your first test.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#20]
A counter sniper would be someone who shoots from really close range, extremely accurately.

Have you ever seen a head wound through 4x magnification at 1 yard? It's intense! Counter snipers are hard core to the max.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Counter sniper?  As in a person, or persons, standing around the gun shop counter talking garbage about invisible military, long distance shooters?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Check out this SWAT guy.

Know how I know he's SWAT?

Says so clearly on his chest.

also: sweet goggles.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Sounds like they should be selling them out of the back of white vans.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That page design looks similar in tardation to vulcan's intro page.

Eta:

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I have no idea about these scopes, but I have a Hellfire flashlight made by Dark Ops Holdings. I can't say enough GOOD about the light!!

It's tougher than hell and puts out 150 lumens, has glas breakers around the bezel, and is machined out of some hella tough billet metal that is flawlessly machined and waterproof to 100 feet.

I'd have o see one of their scopes to judge it's quality, but if they are anything like the company's flashlights...they may be pretty damn good. The cost appears to stem from a titanium tube.

You guys may want to wait to judge until you actually handle one.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#26]
According to their website they sell "weapon mountable optical gunsights." Those sound totally awesome. Way more tactical than rifle scopes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no idea about these scopes, but I have a Hellfire flashlight made by Dark Ops Holdings. I can't say enough GOOD about the light!!

It's tougher than hell and puts out 150 lumens, has glas breakers around the bezel, and is machined out of some hella tough billet metal that is flawlessly machined and waterproof to 100 feet.

I'd have o see one of their scopes to judge it's quality, but if they are anything like the company's flashlights...they may be pretty damn good. The cost appears to stem from a titanium tube.

6000 dollar scope marked down to 600?

Shady fucking marketing gimick any way you slice it.

Good company, Leupold and Zeiss.
Better company, Nightforce.
Even better company, Swarvoski.
Even better than previously mentioned, US Optics.

And none of them dink around with shady Extreme Shock or Lemas BMT marketing nonsense.  None of them approach 6k for a scope and many of those names I've mentioned have held military contracts or been used extensively on military weapons seeing hard use.   Those companies earned their reputations without having to advertise to get it.

F- dark flops.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

And none of them dink around with shady Extreme Shock or Lemas BMT marketing nonsense.  None of them approach 6k for a scope and many of those names I've mentioned have held military contracts or been used extensively on military weapons seeing hard use.   Those companies earned their reputations without having to advertise to get it.

F- dark flops.

bender and schmidt is a TOP tier powered scope as well.

I think Nightforce is as good of a scope as you ever need to pay for.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Forgot to put them in with USO actually.   When S&B got the contract with the Marine Corp it definitely put them on the list right up there with USO.   I should probably keep Swarvoski and Nightforce in the same tier.   Then USO and S&B in the top.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That page design looks similar in tardation to vulcan's intro page.

http://home.surewest.net/hivac/junk.jpg

Eta:

http://home.surewest.net/hivac/images/counterjunk.jpg

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#31]
real snipers use counter sniper counter optics, see the counter sniper and take him out before he sees you, now with MOAR optics..
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forgot to put them in with USO actually.   When S&B got the contract with the Marine Corp it definitely put them on the list right up there with USO.   I should probably keep Swarvoski and Nightforce in the same tier.   Then USO and S&B in the top.

USMC isn't using the Unertls anymore? They went to S&B?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

USMC isn't using the Unertls anymore? They went to S&B?

Unertls were being rebuilt by US Optics for a long time as far as I know.   S&B got a short contract for PMII scopes back around 2-3 years ago.

It's been maybe 2-3 years since I've kept up on it but search around the snipershide.com and you'll probably dig up some info.   Pretty sure it was all around the time that Premier Reticles stopped doing work on Leupolds with that Gen 2 reticle.

/edit
http://www.usmcscoutsniper.org/news_articles/scope.htm
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#34]
I have Leupold Mark 4 and love it. Its not too cheap, but not too bad either. The last long range shooting school i went to they had good things to say about Leupold, nightforce and some Millet. I would be careful of what you purchase though, a scope is a very important piece of gear.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And none of them dink around with shady Extreme Shock or Lemas BMT marketing nonsense. None of them approach 6k for a scope and many of those names I've mentioned have held military contracts or been used extensively on military weapons seeing hard use. Those companies earned their reputations without having to advertise to get it.

F- dark flops.

I have a Nightforce NXS scope, A US Optics scope, an IOR Valdata scope, an EO-Thingy, and a cheap ,Bushnell scope. I know what good optics are.

The reason for my post questioning whether or not anybody has actually SEEN one of these Counter Sniper scopes was because so many people were jumping on the bandwagon to slam all Dark Ops products. I'm just sayin' I have a flashlight they made and it's GREAT.

As far as a 6k scope for 600 bucks I don't know the validity of that statement...nor do you actually. Unless you believe everything you read on the interweb.

It appears they make each scope in an all aluminum model, at a somewhat reasonable price, and an all titanium model at a substantially higher price.

If you want to blow these scopes off because of what one post on the interweb tells you...knock yourself out. I am not willing to malign a product without researching it and actually SEEING one in person.

For all anybody on this website knows, a new startup company is making some incredible new products....maybe, maybe not...but I'll wait until I handle one to decide.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#36]

The graphics are all similar because they are all clients of Pyramont.

http://www.pyramont.com/
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#38]
These aren't new scopes.

And instead of forcing me to go dredge up links one can always do it themselves.   There are people who have them over on snipershide and there are a couple folks over there that I've been familiar with for near 10 years now.   Yeah, I'll trust their opinion on such matters.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1062771&page=1
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=968099&page=1

I'm not about to put my life behind a product that has such shoddy advertising practices associated with it nor am I about to recommend them.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#39]
as a space door gunner I took out airplanes with it. It also works great on partols around the mall
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Oh, that's the ticket - it's the fucking marketing wankers that brought you "Extreme Shlock!"

Old_Painless found out that "Extreme Shlock" penetrates extremely poorly.

More like "Extreme Shit." Or "Extreme Marketing."

THIS is why I've left sales. No honor in business anymore.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#41]
I used them back in The Nam

I was just a simple untrained Delta Farce at that time.

They didnt know I had one..

Now that my training has been improved to kill a fly at 2000 miles with a .22

They gave me one of these scopes and I am the fucking man now.

Now I just step on the fly because it isnt worth the hand made, heat seaking missle bullets I now shoot.

Be right back, I have just been deployed to Nam again.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

snip

I have a Nightforce NXS scope, A US Optics scope, an IOR Valdata scope, an EO-Thingy, and a cheap ,Bushnell scope. I know what good optics are.

The reason for my post questioning whether or not anybody has actually SEEN one of these Counter Sniper scopes was because so many people were jumping on the bandwagon to slam all Dark Ops products. I'm just sayin' I have a flashlight they made and it's GREAT.

As far as a 6k scope for 600 bucks I don't know the validity of that statement...nor do you actually. Unless you believe everything you read on the interweb.

It appears they make each scope in an all aluminum model, at a somewhat reasonable price, and an all titanium model at a substantially higher price.

If you want to blow these scopes off because of what one post on the interweb tells you...knock yourself out. I am not willing to malign a product without researching it and actually SEEING one in person.

For all anybody on this website knows, a new startup company is making some incredible new products....maybe, maybe not...but I'll wait until I handle one to decide.

Please, please, please....whatever you do, DON'T bring any logic to a good bashing thread.

Carry On!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip

Please, please, please....whatever you do, DON'T bring any logic to a good bashing thread.

Carry On!

Why yes... please do bring some logic to this discussion.

You can start by researching "bertrillium" &  "zantitium."

Be sure to get back to us with your results.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip

Carry On!

Don't you have some packing to do?

Don't see any mention by he or I regarding the definitive quality of said scope, only the typical arfcom pile-on without any real world experience with the product.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#46]
OK, here's what I found out: These are identical to Falcon brand scopes which are made in China at the BSA plant. They rate good as a $300 range scope.

It appears that Dark Ops marketing company is a slimy bunch who lie about having .gov contracts for these scopes.

In several reviews, from people who actually own one of them like them...for a $300~ range scope.

Personally, I'll pass...but then I tend to save up to buy the best I can get.

YMMV
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#47]
I agree, and I would think anyone with real government contracts would be referring to the agencies by name, and not 'the military'... who's military? Bubba's militia? The taliban?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip

Carry On!

Don't you have some packing to do?

Don't see any mention by he or I regarding the definitive quality of said scope, only the typical arfcom pile-on without any real world experience with the product.

Wow... you're really missing the point.

Unless your periodic table has a couple of elements that everyone else's lacks, it should be obvious that "bertrillium" &  "zantitium" don't exist. They are just made up words meant to impress the ignorant & easily gulled.

Like I said in IM: "Google is your friend." Type in these two nonsensical words & the ONLY hits you get are in relation to these scopes.  

Now why would you buy anything from a company that considers you stupid & feels the need to deceive their customers in order to sell their product?  
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#49]
You puts your money on the counter, and you gets sniped.

Did they lie?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#50]
I know that somewhere around here i have a pic of me hanging out the space shuttle with my anticosmonaut counter sniper rifle. It definitely had one of those on it. Hey i was in the moon invasion too. heavy 6 was going to go with me but NASA got all pissed about cargo capacity.
Jim
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top