Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2002 4:45:27 PM EDT
does anyone know the current issue knife for the Navy Seals, and the Special Forces? My friend is interested in buying one because he wants to have the civilian versions of the military's sniper rifles, Special Forces AR15, and the AR10 which he hears is now seeing limited military use.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The SEALs use the SOG SEAL 2000.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends......

Ask here:

WWW.BLADEFORUMS.COM

and

WWW.SPECIALOPERATIONS.COM
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#3]
GUNNER 1

With any of the teams there really is almost such thing as "standard issue" and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.  Especially on the issue of blades which is an issue near and dear to any opperator's heart.

Probably the most popular line is those made by Strider.  There is generally a 1 year wait on their knives.  They are unbelievably made and have a price tag to show it (normally in the $300 plus range which is a good deal for a Strider).

Their site is [url]www.striderknives.com[/url]

I recently was finally set up as the Midwest dealer for Strider Knives and should have my first shippment in soon.  You'll notice on their site there is about 5 dealers in the country.

Ryan
[url]www.bluelinegear.com[/url]

P.S.  If you meet a SEAL and tell him you have a SOG SEAL 2000 you will get laughed out of the bar.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:44:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:14:05 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I've gathered (talking to a few former guys) they carry pretty much whatever they want in every department as long as it fits in with the team's needs, and it depends on the mission.

I also think that "knife" is pretty low on their list of items to specialize...as long as it cuts and doesn't rust that easily, they have more important things to worry about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top