Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2002 7:40:21 PM EDT
For the 20 th time in as many weeks...looks like pounded a hell of alot of ordnance in Ashcanistan. And "rumors" of Bin Laden being dead.

Jan.3 MSNBC.com
      THE STRIKES, which witnesses said were very heavy and continued late into the night, were a sharp return to use of air power in the U.S. campaign against bin Laden's organization, which is believed to have carried out the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in the United States.
      The attack came as the United States and other Western nations prepared for possible strikes in Somalia on a radical group with ties to bin Laden and al-Qaida, U.S. officials told NBC News.
      In what officials described as a ferocious attack, four Navy FA-18s and four B-1 bombers pounded the al-Qaida base outside Khost, the area of caves and tunnels in Tora Bora that it had used as a hiding place.
      The planes dropped as many as 100 2,000-pound bombs before an AC-130 gunship moved in to wipe out survivors at the terrorist compound near the Pakistani border, NBC’s Jim Miklaszewski reported from the Pentagon.

Why have we bombed this place twice? Yepper..could be somethin'.
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
And I believe the "SOB" is alive and in Yemen.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
If he is still alive, he's a "Dead man walking"

He won't be around much longer with a big bounty on his head...
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the FOX guest experts made an interesting comment with no amplification.
He thought OBL was in another country (Yemen is my choice) and that he thought "Law Enforcement" might now play a role.

If by LEF he means the FBI those guys in blue suits and wing-tips are not going to blend in well with any landscape in that region.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
... Yeah, at this point, its almost gratifying that the bastard has to hide so severely and cannot get any real "airtime" anymore.

... I'm with GWB, "I don't care if he's dead or alive" quite frankly.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Wolfpack,
That is the general consensus...But, I think Somalia is next. Looks like we have the spooks in there, as we speak. You're right...it would probably be considered "mission accomplished" If dikhed is dead. Thats why I think we be "chasing" a ghost for a couple of years.[:D]

I think he's with Allah,
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#8]
beekeeper,
You've been real observant...yeah, and it looks like "we" kinda helped him with his treatment this summer. Weird. I just hope we put a Blackhawk back UP in Somalia...I think it's time to clean out the warlords. This time with backup and "real" force. I can still see those sumbitches dancing in the streets and dragging that American...still stings.

revenge is sweet, best served cold,
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#9]
... you gotta love this excerpt ...

[i]Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said the Pentagon is prepared to pursue bin Laden and his top lieutenants, as well as Mullah Mohammed Omar and other Taliban leaders, for as long as it takes to capture or [u]kill[/u] them. He said the hunt, while not yet successful, has already paralyzed al-Qaida.[/i]

... I'm sure glad we sustain pressure like this on those who "Hate Americas".

Klinton couldn't take care of business but we will.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is it true he requires dialysis?  If so, he cannot "hide" in caves.  He would require thrice weekly visits to a machine/electricity.  
View Quote

All you dialysis are belong to us!!!!!

Sorry Bee, couldn't resist![:D]

See you at the BRC!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Jan.3 MSNBC.com
      (snip)
      In what officials described as a ferocious attack, four Navy FA-18s and four B-1 bombers pounded the al-Qaida base outside Khost, the area of caves and tunnels in Tora Bora that it had used as a hiding place.
      The planes dropped as many as 100 2,000-pound bombs (snip)
View Quote

Huh? 4 fighter-bombers and four B-1s, a plane w/o much internal capacity, carrying ONE HUNDRED one-ton bombs in one raid???

'Splain it to me, Lucy.

"In the United States, the difficulties are not a Minotaur or a dragon, not imprisonment, hard labor, death, government harassment and censorship, but cupidity, sloppiness, indifference. Not the acts of a mighty all-pervasive
government, but the failure of a listless public to make use of the freedom
that is its birthright."

--Alexander Solzhenitzyn
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#12]
acording to www.fas.org
the b1 can carry 2280 JDAMS as compared to 336 the b52 can carry this is not even considering if there is external pods
hope this helps with the bomb payload question.
john
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jan.3 MSNBC.com
      (snip)
      The planes dropped as many as 100 2,000-pound bombs (snip)
View Quote

Huh? 4 fighter-bombers and four B-1s, a plane w/o much internal capacity, carrying ONE HUNDRED one-ton bombs in one raid???

'Splain it to me, Lucy.

"In the United States, the difficulties are not a Minotaur or a dragon, not imprisonment, hard labor, death, government harassment and censorship, but cupidity, sloppiness, indifference. Not the acts of a mighty all-pervasive
government, but the failure of a listless public to make use of the freedom
that is its birthright."

--Alexander Solzhenitzyn
View Quote

24 for each B1, 2 for each F18, that would make 104 actually.

Who on earth told you B-1's had poor internal space?? Its the B-2 that is handicapped in this way- and to a lesser extent the B-52 since the D model "Big Bellies" of Vietnam are gone. The B-52 gets by because of its large wing pylons. The surviving H model B-52's carry more of their load externally than internally.

in the 2000lb size the totals are 24 bombs for B1, 16 for B2, and eight for B-52- but B52 carries another 12 externally for a total of 20.
A B-1 could carry another 14 2000 pound bombs externally, but they have never been fitted with the racks for it though all have the hardpoints, originally intended to carry the SRAM nuclear missile.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#14]
He's hanging out in a Jersey studio apartment, posing as "Frank Akbar."  The only person who sees him is the pizza delivery guy, who "Frank" always greets with, "Hey, my man, what it look like."
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been saying for months that he's dead and buried in a cave. They just use recycled footage, just like they do for Dick Cheney. ;)

My father thinks bin Laden is driving a cab in NYC and laughing at us.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#16]
BeeKeeper,
It depends on what kind of dialysis  OBL is using. If he`s using hemodialysis, then he needs access to a machine,electricity, clean water, and expensive expendable supplies.
If he`s using peritoneal dialysis, all he really needs is the bags of dialysis fluid and a place to lay low for ~4 hours at a clip. The abd catheter in this procedure is more likely to cause infections by perforating the bowel(wouldn`t that be a shame!), while hemodialysis reuires him to be anticoagulated(clotting prolonged) with Heparin. Neither is particularly convenient when you`re on the run in a war zone. Without skilled people or resources, the prick may already be dying a slow death if he really is in Renal failure.[:D]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Bin Laden is in China buying some of there ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top