Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2002 9:41:41 AM EDT
For any anti gun: Please read.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A54544-2002Jan2.html[/url]

Man Slain Trying to Defend His Home

A 33-year-old man was shot to death early yesterday after he tried to defend himself with a baseball bat as two people forced their way into his Seat Pleasant home, Prince George's County police said.

Anthony Smith, of the 1100 block of Carrington Avenue, was killed immediately after a prowler pulled out a handgun and fired a shot, police said.

A preliminary investigation showed that two people forced their way through the back door of Smith's home about 4 a.m., police said. A struggle followed, and Smith was shot while trying to defend himself.

Police said that they had no suspect and that no motive had been established. Police ask anyone with information about the shooting to call the department's Crime Solvers at 301-735-1111.

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF MARYLAND alright.  Tell those little assholes to bring that crap here to VA baby, we'll show them a really good time.  Do you liberals out there see what happens when only the BADGUYS have guns.  That's all I have to say.

ROCK ON [50]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Do you liberals out there see what happens when only the BADGUYS have guns.  That's all I have to say.
View Quote

Amen, brother!
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#3]
7_62Gunner,
Criminals aren't going to go to VA cause they know that you guys have guns.  They may be stupid, but they usually try and avoid citizens that can defend themselves.

Amen to your last comment.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, there are governmental citizens and there are non governmental citizens. He was obviously a "non" and not allowed to have a gun to defend himself. Only criminals and governmental citizens are allowed firearms. The rest of you shut up and pay your taxes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A 33-year-old man was shot to death early yesterday after he tried to defend himself with a baseball bat as two people forced their way into his Seat Pleasant home, Prince George's County police said.

Anthony Smith, of the 1100 block of Carrington Avenue, was killed immediately after a prowler pulled out a handgun and fired a shot, police said.

A preliminary investigation showed that two people forced their way through the back door of Smith's home about 4 a.m., police said. A struggle followed, and Smith was shot while trying to defend himself.

Police said that they had no suspect and that no motive had been established. Police ask anyone with information about the shooting to call the department's Crime Solvers at 301-735-1111.

View Quote

Ahhhh yes, Prince Georges Cty., Maryland...where the criminals love to work at their chosen careers.
Actually, its just a suburb of DC...get the message?

Poor bastard...that really sux.

On the other hand...here is what happened to a friend of mine:  He hears a noise late one night, grabs his Colt 1911, gets out of bed and greets the perp as he enters the bedroom by placing the cold, hard muzzle of his pistol against the perp's head and assuring him that if he so much as farts, it will be the last concious thought of his miserable, misbegotton life.  Wife dials 911, lawmen show up (Funny how fast they can move if you tell them you are holding a guy at gunpoint!).   and when the coppers arrive, they find our hero sitting on the bed, perp face first on the floor (Alive).  Cops handcuff perp but have a hard time standing him up and convincing him that homeowner isn't going to shoot him if he moves.  They finally levitate the scumbag and haul him off to the hoosegow.  I'll just bet you that is the last time that guy EVER burgled a house.

[V]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

It proves that guns are bad. I bet those people wouldn't have tried to break into his home if that gun hadn't poisoned their minds. [devil]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wouldn't banning handguns have prevented this from happening?  Oh, wait...sorry.

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It proves that guns are bad. I bet those people wouldn't have tried to break into his home if that gun hadn't poisoned their minds. [devil]
View Quote

Speerweesel,
I can see the action now - first a shy and sensitive child was forced to steal the gun.  Then the gun, sensing a lack of "crack" in the carriers body, pulled itself from the "shy" ones pocket and dispatched the "thug" weilding the baseball bat.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#9]
If LIBERALS want to rely on the police to come and save them, that's fine with me. But I'm going to defend myself because I'M ALREADY THERE!!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If LIBERALS want to rely on the police to come and save them, that's fine with me. But I'm going to defend myself because I'M ALREADY THERE!!!!
View Quote

AAAAAAAAAAAMEN, Sister!!!!!

Congregation, can I get a HALLELUJIA?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Police said that they had no suspect and that no motive had been established.
View Quote

My guess is a drug rip-off, no humans involved.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

AAAAAAAAAAAMEN, Sister!!!!!

Congregation, can I get a HALLELUJIA?
View Quote

HALLELUJA!!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Serves him right for not calling 911 and then hiding under the bed until the police arrived.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Police said that they had no suspect and that no motive had been established.
View Quote

My guess is a drug rip-off, no humans involved.
View Quote

What an asstute detective.  I would never have reached that conclusion with the evidence, especially investigating like you have, all the way from Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Back when I was in college, I got an offer to teach in Prince George's County Schools. Not having been to MD since I was a kid (used to live at Andrews AFB), I asked an acquaintance of mine about the area. She blanched and said, if you value your life, don't take that job, and then explained about the crime and poverty in that area.

I guess not much has changed down there..... :^(
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#16]
He should have tried the "negotiate" with the intruder technique as recommended by the anti's.  Guess they didn't give him the opportunity to plea his case.  Bastards!!!!

Can someone please explain how it goes for those unarmed MMM members who might be viewing this thread?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#17]
The homeowner violated one of Jeff Cooper's cardinal rules, "when going to a gun, be sure to bring a gun."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top