Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2002 4:59:45 PM EDT
All of us who stopped going to K-Mart because of their anti-gun tactics and spokeswoman, it worked!

K-Mart is about to declare bankruptcy and analysts are advising their clients to dump the stock.

Congratulations to all of you who joined the boycott!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea I heard the sell stock recommendations tonite on the network news. Personally I think Walmart is the real reason, yet, it still feels good to see your enemy go flat for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I think a better result would have been K-Mart staying in business and resuming sales of Firearms.
If they go into Chapter 11, it might be worth buying some of their stock.  They may still make it as a discount chain.

My $0.02 cents

Mike
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]
K-Mart has been down this road before.  Some years back they were on the edge of collapse and "sort of" recovered.  They may yet survive - darn it!

If the one here is any example I am not surprised.  I "fired" them as a service customer a couple years ago.  It is so obvious when a chain has poor management, poor corporate decisions.  You can add Farm & Fleet and Big Bear Food Stores (Penn Traffic) to the list of the doomed. Even Kroger is feeling the heat of some really BAD decisions.  I see it more in food related businesses as that is where I sell my services.  One good thing about a recession is it weeds out some of the really POOR managers!  Too bad so many workers pay the price for crappy leaders!!  A bad store manager is a failure of upper managemnet.  The policies set above and the lack of oversight create/allow poor store managers which in turn ruin customer relations, and in the end, the whole chain.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#5]
K-Mart isn't declaring bankruptcy because of boycotts by gun owners. K-Mart is just a lousy store period.
K-Mart, many years ago when it was just K-Mart and not Big K-Mart or Super K-Mart, was a pretty decent store and sold everything and at good prices. K-Mart used to have everything from a great selection of firearms to a full stocked auto repair shop. Now these Super K-Marts actually have less than the regular K-Marts and charge you high prices for junk.
Sorry K-Mart, but you can't survive on Martha Stewart home products and Jaclyn Smith clothes alone.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I think they will come back.But i dont think a boycott is the reason for their financial woes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree with you guys!  The boycott did NOT do them in but it WAS another nail in the coffin.  In any event, I will be glad to see them go!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#8]
WHO KNEW??

(if anyone remembers rosies little kmart punchline)
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:49:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope they don't go under before I can get through one of their super long check-out lines.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:53:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I agree with you guys!  The boycott did NOT do them in but it WAS another nail in the coffin.  In any event, I will be glad to see them go!
View Quote

Exactly....the boycott was not the prime reason, but if we helped in any way, it does feel good!
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Kmart here in Florida, stopped selling guns and ammo a long while back, but on a hunting trip to my old home state of Missouri, I went into Kmart to buy our deer tags, they where full of ammo & Firearms. nice to see, not all have given in.  [8D]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:07:07 AM EDT
[#12]
The natural order of things is: born, thrive, grow big, fat and complacent, die.  Happens to companies, countries, people.  There are exceptions (Husquavarna) but by-and-large that's how it goes.

Still think a letter to K-Mart would be a good idea.  Something along the lines of, "Nyah-nyah nah-nyah-nyah!"

On the down side, of course, if they go belly-up that'll put 80 ja-jillion unemployed people, average IQ of 60, out on the street.  Guess who gets to support them?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:20:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:52:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Willie Lee, your name is not Jack Brown!
View Quote

You're the dirty hack who shot your woman down!
Yes, oh yes, my name is Willie Lee,
If you've got a warrant just-a read it to me.

Ahhh, the man in black! Someone has him in their signature line. That's alright.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#15]
"I shot 'er down 'cause she made me sore:
Said I was 'er daddy, but she had five more!"
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#16]
When I was arrested I was dressed in black,
They put me on a train and they took me back,
I had no friends for to go my bail,
They slapped my dirty carcass in the county jail,
Early next morning about a half past nine,
I spied the sheriff coming down the line,
And then he coughed and he cleared his throat,
He said, "Come on you dirty hack into that district court,"
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#17]
yeah, WalMart has one of the best inventory management systems of any organization in the world. USMC is trying to build a supply chain system just like theirs, and so did Amazon.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Sawed off shotgun...
hand on the pump...
left hand on a forty...
puffing on a blunt
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#20]
the kmart in my town sells guns and ammo. but thier staff sucks. most of the employees are rejects that couldn't get a job in the more decent stores in the area. like one of the sporting goods guys that has so many rings and studs on hid head that you can barely see his face and he is so stoned that it takes him forever to answer a simple question. or the guy in electronics who wont let you check out there until he gets done making out with his ugly- as- sin girlfriend. furthermore the store is way Understaffed. I prefer wal-mart anyway becuase its 5 mins from home.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought a Winchester Ranger 30-30 there. dirt cheap and it turned out to be a walnut stocked version.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:44:45 AM EDT
[#22]
For me it is a double edged sword.

On one hand, I don't like K-Marts gun policies, the way they have treated gun owners and the spokesperson they picked (anyone else want a donut?).

But the company I work for has just signed a 4 year contract with one of K-Marts divisions for all of that divisions work.  If they slide any more, the division in question will be one of the first ones cut.  The company I work for depends on K-Mart for about 30% of it's yearly reveneu.  I'm not saying that it will put me out of a job (yet), but it will hurt for along time.

So you can see the fix I'm in.  Shop at K-Mart and keep working at the level I am at, or don't shop because I don't like there policies and possably have to look for other imployment.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
But the company I work for has just signed a 4 year contract with one of K-Marts divisions for all of that divisions work.  If they slide any more, the division in question will be one of the first ones cut.  The company I work for depends on K-Mart for about 30% of it's yearly reveneu.  I'm not saying that it will put me out of a job (yet), but it will hurt for along time.
View Quote

So, are they a publicly traded company?  And if so, what stock symbol should we short??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top