[#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#2]
No such thing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#3]
1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. One Tree Hill
3. Anything else from before "Rattle and Hum" came out and they started to believe their own hype and turned their backs on the fans who slept out in February in Philadelphia for tickets. I didn't freeze my ass off for hipness and irony, I did it for something I felt connected to by it's genuine meaning.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discotheque
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
"Favorite" and "U2" being used in the same sentence are oxymoron to me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I like Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Years Day.  I also like Beautiful Day but it isnt because of the song it reminds me of something.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
A while back Bono came out and said that he did not feel safe in the US due to all the firearms in private hands.  Guess he would prefer them to be in the hands of organized terrorist groups!!!!!!  When I heard that I made a pledge to never again buy a U2 album and got rid of all of my CDs of theirs.  Screw them not one more red cent of mine will enter their hands!
[50]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Bono must have forgotten about all those weapons in private citizen's hands in his native Ireland.... you know... the one whose political struggles are what fueled the content of his early music career. I guess that weapons in the hands of private citizens are only good if they are owned and used in an effort to gain independence from the ruling government.

HMMMMMMMMM...........

Bono is also real active in trying to convince nations to forgive rightful debts of 'less fortunate' nations. Ummm... I am less fortunate than the bank CEO so does that mean they should forgive my car loan?

I think not.

Why do these asses think that just because their record company is able to exploit them and sell a couple of million of their records they are all of a sudden qualified to be a statesman or receive the Nobel prize?

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A while back Bono came out and said that he did not feel safe in the US due to all the firearms in private hands.  Guess he would prefer them to be in the hands of organized terrorist groups!!!!!!  When I heard that I made a pledge to never again buy a U2 album and got rid of all of my CDs of theirs.  Screw them not one more red cent of mine will enter their hands!
[50]
View Quote

Actually I loathe their politics also.
Haven't bought a new U2 CD since Joshua Tree.  That's when they took an obvious left turn.

But music is music.
Politics is politics.

Listen and enjoy but don't support their mental illness.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#10]
These guys are a bunch of arrogant commie pricks who preach the typical leftist BS tripe.  I would never buy anything this f'ed up band comes out with.

Oh yeah, "New Year's Day."
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought Joshua Tree album was excellent.

These days they suck.
...and yeah, they're a bunch of pinko commie libs !
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#12]
At the risk of being associated with anti-gunners, I must say some of the best U2 songs are:

1. Walk On
2. All I Want Is You
3. Red Hill Mining Town
4. The Unforgettable Fire
5. Many others
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#13]
U2 just plain sucks. I can't get past their eliteist eurotrash P.C. bull*hit enough to even try to enjoy the music.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#14]
DirecTV had a U2 concert/show that ran 24/7 through the month of December. I recorded it for a friend. I've never seen such a lame boring concert in my life.
U2 Sucks. Sorry, that's just how I feel about it. It was about as exciting as a Barbara Streisand concert.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Gloria & Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Also their Red Rocks show was one of the best concerts ever.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I guess I'd choose the live version of "Bad".
Anything after their Batman soundtrack in pretty lame.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Haven't bought a new U2 CD since Joshua Tree.  That's when they took an obvious left turn.

But music is music.
Politics is politics.

View Quote

I'll agree with that 100%

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Another vote for the live version of "Bad" - what a poignant song! New Years Day and Pride are good ones, too, but not being a real fan I couldn't tell you the names of the others I like. The Edge definitely has a distinctive sound, one that says "U2" even if you don't hear the vocals (much like Brian May, Richie Blackmore, Alex Lifeson, and Mark Knopfler, to name several.)
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Bono a hipocrit? I remeber a song he did with Wyclef Jean and i quote a lyric from Bono's verse " Mama mama, thanks for teaching to use the machine gun trigger"
Seems a lil strange,i like the band but I hate those left wing antigun(anti-freedom) bastards
i feel that [b]Without the 2nd Amendemt you would not have the 1st![/b]
"IF YOUR NOT A PART OF THE SOLUTION,YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!"--JOIN THE NRA!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But music is music.
Politics is politics.

View Quote

I'll agree with that 100%

Sunday Bloody Sunday
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I pray for the day when those shitbags die in terrible carnival ride accident.

What a bunch of girls. They give being Irish a bad name.

I don't have a favorite U2 song, except when their eulogy is finally played.

Believe me, I understand the differance between likeing a band, and likeing their politics.

But these guys suck either way.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#22]
OMG!  Seamus and I are on the same page!  U2 must *really* suck, folks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I used to like their music, but Bono is an egomaniacal jackass and the whole "End Thrid World Debt" thing just pisses me off.

Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Funny, I thought the topic was what is your favorite U2 song, not if you think they suck or disagree with them.

1) With or Without You
1) One Tree Hill
1) Bad
1) The Unforgettable Fire

I can disagree with someone and not hate them.  The chance that you will agree with every person you run into in life is slim.  I am accepting of others.  I may STRONGLY disagree with them, but I realize they feel about their beliefs as strongly as I do about mine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OMG!  Seamus and I are on the same page!  U2 must *really* suck, folks!
View Quote

LOL! I guess if we could just come together on the collapsible stock issue, all would be well.
BWWWWAAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!

But yes you are correct. U2 sucks bad enough even we can agree on that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Sunday Bloody Sunday!!

Hands down!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#27]
[puke]U2
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#28]
FUC(K) THEM
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Hate the politics, like the music.  Haven't bought anything since "The Joshua Tree" (and won't).

Favorite song: "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#31]
A Sort of Homecoming.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Screw U2 ever since they went Anti-gun.

Haven't bought any of their crap since they made those bs statements.  Why don't they worry about their own war torn Ireland & leave us the hell alone?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top