Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2001 5:01:45 PM EDT
After moving out here for a job over a year ago, I have been given an offer back home in Iowa I cannot refuse. Will be relocating from Vancouver, WA to the Tama Iowa area sometime the end on Jan. Gosh I'm gonna miss the mountains and having snow only when I want to see it. Hope to meet some of you Iowa members and go shooting sometime this spring! (after then snow melts [:D])

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Hurry back to "GODS COUNTRY" ---- we'll leave the porch light on for ya.  Good luck with the move!---ALLONS11---CR area
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Since WA is no more a NFA allowed state than Iowa is that is obviously not a priority. Concealed carry permit is easy thing to get if you live in a friendly county cause it's totally up to the sheriff. If you have living options close to county borders you might want to consider talking to local sheriff's depts. first and decide where to live depending upon thier requirements to get a carry permit.  One thing I envy you is you will not be too far from Osceola Iowa where there is one of the midwests best action pistol clubs IPSC style. They have very large matches every month not just once a year.  Guys from Omaha drive around 4 hrs one way just to attend a monthly match. I would have to add another 1.5hr onto that so I just can't justify it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Another Duty Station, congrats!
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Concealed carry permit is easy thing to get if you live in a friendly county cause it's totally up to the sheriff. If you have living options close to county borders you might want to consider talking to local sheriff's depts. first and decide where to live depending upon thier requirements to get a carry permit.  .
View Quote

Already done that  [:D]

Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad to have you back Aviator. Not much snow here yet, but I'm sure more is coming.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Aviator, you will have to find a "pit" there in Iowa to keep the "bumpfire" going.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#8]
You're gonna miss Rainier, Adams, Jefferson, Hood etc...

Sorry I never had the opportunity to shoot with ya.

Of course you better sell that convertable Jeep before you move back East.  I hear it gets too cold for canvas back there. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I lived in Sharon Center, not all that far south of Tama. Gotta love IA. Had a farm house on a dirt road. If you're bringing children with you- you're making a great move. I still get back there a few time a year- I always like to be there opening day of pheasant. Visit Scheel's at Coralridge mall in Coralville- remember to say the pledge when you vist the gun section- a total hands on place.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Lived outside Montour on a farm many many moons ago and went to Tama high. Sometimes I really miss that part of the country. Course Rubes had the best steaks ever. Hummmm might have to make a road trip home (Marshalltown) just to visit Rubes!!

Who knows mabey someday we'll be able to maove back to IA
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 12:31:15 AM EDT
[#11]
hey aviator I am in ely near CR about 30 minuets from tama.  benton and linn countys are a no go on the concealled cary unless you are LEO there is some good shooting close to here and my grandmother has a 300 acre farm about 40 minuets south of Tama when ever you want to shoot.  it is also one of the best pheasant spots in the state and the farm has been in the CRP program for almost 15 years so the wildlife loves it.  look me up when you get here.
john
 hey allons11 why don't we go shooting sometime I am in the CR area also.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 12:45:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be "moving" to Allamakee County long enough to get my CCW from that CCW friendly Sheriff enroute to Tama County  [;)]

Looking forward to meeting new friends back that way. I can honestly say I have never met people as friendly as the ones I have met in the MidWest.

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Iowa.
I married a girl from Iowa.

Vancouver, WA.
I lived there for a few years as a little kid.

I have good memories of both places.
Smaller towns and nice people.

Good Luck, Aviator.  [:)]

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Keep a lookout for postings on our Iowa member shoots, you will only be about an hour from where we had our last one and I can always use another shooting partner.

You will also not be far from the upcoming convention down in Illinois and hopefully be settled in and able to make it.

Dave Hineline: Are those shoots in Osceola put on by Rick McDowell(sp?) of competition specialties by chance? He is at a few of the gun shows and a really nice guy if you happen to know him

Later

IAJack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top