Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2001 12:48:50 PM EDT
I own a preban PWA A1. The owner of my local gun shop offered me a new Bushmaster A2, new romanian AK47, and new ruger 10/22 for my PWA and $100. I'm thinking these three guns will do me more good than a pre-ban with a flash suppressor and bayonet lug. Should I trade?
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 12:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I really don't think i could pass that up myself
go for it. i would in a heart beat
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
ummmm, i dont know, if you figure the value of that stuff, its close to the same as the value of the pre-ban. personally, i wouldnt make that trade. it may sound like  a good deal now, but in a couple years you might wish you still had one of those old pre bans you cant find anymore. on the other hand, i feel is someone has a pre-ban and dosent make good use of the "evil" features, maybe they should sell it to someone who will and buy himself a new ar. i know a guy that has a pre-ban colt, regular stock, no flash supressor. he has no plans to put anything on that rifle. i belive it would be in his best intrest to sell it and have enough money to buy a new one plus a bunch of other stuff.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
What are you waiting for? That's a great deal.
If you dont want the Romanian, lemme know
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Pre-bans are nice, but in all reality, a PWA pre-ban isn't in the top tier of desirablity. I'd do the trade. You could sell all the guns you get, and be able to buy a BEAUTIFUL Bushmaster pre-ban.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#5]
If you can live without the lug/ flash hider; [b] Do it!!!![/b] [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#6]
newdeal,
You said it yourself, "I'm thinking these three guns will do me more good than a pre-ban with a flash suppressor and bayonet lug."  Jump on it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I would do the trade and I already have a Bushy.
I think this pre-ban stuff is for the birds.
The Beanie Babies all over again. Like a bayonet lug is going to do me any good.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#8]
NewDeal,

Tell the dealer you want a SR15M4 and see what
he says.

Beore you do any deal make him show you the
wholesale cost on all the guns he is offering
Get the dealer cost on the Stoner to and
post it here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you can live without the lug/ flash hider; [b] Do it!!!![/b] [:D] Milldude
View Quote

That's what i'm sayin. Pre-Bans to me are as inflated as the .com craze was last year.
A bayonet lug and flash supressor just aren't worth the extra thousand dolars they cost, when post ban versions are avaialble.
Some guys just like saying "I have a preeee-ban Ey-Are-Fiffffteeeen"- They aren't "shooters" per say. More collectors.
Nothing wrong with that.
You just have to figure what category you fit in to.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#10]
HANGFIRE
Is the SR15M4 the Stoner you mentioned?
I am unfamiliar with this gun. Tell me what one is but I will check on it today in the next 8 hours.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 5:56:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A bayonet lug and flash supressor just aren't worth the extra thousand dolars they cost, when post ban versions are avaialble.
Some guys just like saying "I have a preeee-ban Ey-Are-Fiffffteeeen"- They aren't "shooters" per say. More collectors.
Nothing wrong with that.
You just have to figure what category you fit in to.
View Quote

the bayo lug has light mounting capabilities, but that can be achieved other ways.

The flash hider is a functional part, and I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss its importance.

The REAL benefit of pre-ban is being able to to have the telescoping stock. I LOVE mine, and the tele-stock gives me SIGNIFICANT addd functionality.

Re; the deal above -

If having the flashider AND tele-stock legality isn't important to you, do the deal. Three for one ain't bad.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 6:40:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Garandman- Oh, no doubt. Telestocks are cool as hell, and I wish I had an AR with one.
I understand the importance of a Flash supresor in a SHTF scenario, or a combat scene. But then again, WTSHTF, i'm not going to be too concerned whether my lower is a "pre ban" or  "post". The pre-upper and tele are getting mounted, if it ever comes down to it. Not to mention a full set of M-16 FCC's.

I just think for a guy who just wants an AR to plink around with, shoot paper, and keep under the bed "just in case", the money one pays for a pre just isn't worth it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I just think for a guy who just wants an AR to plink around with, shoot paper, and keep under the bed "just in case", the money one pays for a pre just isn't worth it.
View Quote

Agreed.

I'm just a fanatic for mil-spec / mil surp weapons.

I want my stuff to have as much similarity to military weapons as possible. I draw the line at full auto. NOT because I believe there is anything worng with full auto, I just can't justify the price.

Some poeple can't perhaps justify the price of pre-ban. T'weachisown.

Agreed also about SHTF. Were that to happen, and someone were trying to shoot me dead, I would [b] NOT [/b] be pulling put my copy of the 1994 Crime Bill to make sure I don't have more than the prescribed # of "evil features."  

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Think of it like this:

Would you trade your flash suppressor and $100 for a Romanian AK-47?

Would you trade your bayonet lug for a Ruger 10/22?

Would you trade your A1 sights for A2 sights?

I think you would. I know I would.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top