Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2001 8:48:59 PM EDT
Am watching it now. Might not be able to take a whole lot more. Making the Weaver's look pretty bad. Talk about propoganda.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Am watching it now. Might not be able to take a whole lot more. Making the Weaver's look pretty bad. Talk about propoganda.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
View Quote

Well, it is the Lifetime Channel.  Might as well be the Womens Channel.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It was originally broadcast as a mini-series on NBC (or ABC).
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:34:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't think it was too bad.  

I often wonder if they don't shade him in a bad light with all that racist stuff though.  Was he really a ultra-white-supremecist racist like they painted him as?  

This version made his wife look like more of a loon than him, lol.  Television for Women...
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I didn't think it was too bad.  

I often wonder if they don't shade him in a bad light with all that racist stuff though.  Was he really a ultra-white-supremecist racist like they painted him as?  

This version made his wife look like more of a loon than him, lol.  Television for Women...
View Quote

Yes, he was a white separatist.  The ATF wanted him to infiltrate white supremacy groups after getting him on a trumped up shotgun charge.  He refused and didn't show up for court.  That's why the marshalls were in the woods.  He was a separatist but didn't want part of the supremesist organizations.  Just wanted to be left alone in his racist little world.  He wasn't a good man, but didn't deserve to have his wife and kid killed.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Good guy or bad guy irrelevant. Camoflauged Federal agents shoot the family dog in front of ARMED 14 year old boy, survivalist child rips'em up. Shoot boy in back as he flees. Call in FBI HRT, give explicit orders to MURDER citizens (I vas follovink ohders!), settle out of court, admit no wrong doing. Well handled, Uncle Sam.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 11:22:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He refused and didn't show up for court.  That's why the marshalls were in the woods.  
View Quote

The marshals were in the woods because the ATF lied that Weaver was in a gang of bank robbers when he didn't show up for court.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Separatist not Supremist, that is the key.  He was no extremist.

I also think they changed the date on him.

He will autograph his book if you catch him at gun shows, I understand.

I don't know of a single american or a single person, wait the only people I know are americans, who thinks that the BATF was in the right.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Careful, "they" might be listening to us.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#13]
the shotgun charge wasnt trumpted up weaver admits cutting it down the BS about the charge was wanst it like 1/16th ofa inch to short!
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
the shotgun charge wasnt trumpted up weaver admits cutting it down the BS about the charge was wanst it like 1/16th ofa inch to short!
View Quote

Yup, the shotgun barrel was under the the legal 18" limit.  I've heard 1/8 and 1/4 inch under.  None of which carries the death penalty.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Lifetime = Man Hater Channel!  you should..well maybe you shouldnt see the crap they put on the air.. it's like 1 & 2 hour long newscasts on on subject (nothing but sensationalizing!!) [pistol]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

SCREW  the BATF!
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Randy's real-life daughter isn't too bad looking.  What is her name?
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#21]
The description in the TV listings really made me angry...something to the effect that "an anti-government family decides to confront the government."

Only on TV would being murdered on your own property by ATF thugs constitute "confronting the government."

As for Ruby Ridge, the two best books I've found(besides Weaver's) are "Every Knee Shall Bow" and "Ambush at Ruby Ridge."  Both are pretty impartial.  One interesting thing that one of the two books mention(can't remember which one) is that there was some doubt over whether or not Weaver actually cut the barrel below 18" inches.  I believe his stance was that it had been cut after the fact, by the informant.

By the way, supremacism and seperatism are two sides of the same coin.  The racist label can be applied to both.  Seperatists are definition supremacists, since they believe that their own kind are better neighbors.  

Edited to add one thing.  I'm not sure how holding racist beliefs makes one "bad" or "good".  He served his country, honourably, by all accounts he was a great family man, and he had and has many friends.  His personal beliefs are irrelevant as to his "goodness", since his actions proved such.  Who decides what is "good" and "bad", anyway?  Are the millions of people in the past who held racist beliefs now considered "bad" people?  Was the United States populated by "bad" people 100 years ago when segregation was the law?
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

SCREW  the BATF!
View Quote

dude i like your signature pic. where do you guys get these at? Go Kasume!!

not all ATF agents are anti second amendment. when the law does'nt obey the law and lies about what it is doing then the line between criminal and cop becomes pretty blurry. lets not forget the FBI in this. again; there not all like this, but incidents like this really lower the confidence level.

i remember reading Gerry Spences book about this. he was the Weavers lawyer. i respect Gerry, but disagree with his anit-corporate views.

lib
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#23]
If that was indeed the movie with Randy Quaid and Laura Dern, I thought it was reasonably well done. Actually, I was pleasantly surprised by it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If that was indeed the movie with Randy Quaid and Laura Dern, I thought it was reasonably well done. Actually, I was pleasantly surprised by it.
View Quote

Me too.  I was shocked that they displayed Weaver as human/compassionate...the gov't agents were more of the "bad guys".  It couldn't have gotten much better by network TV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top